Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: In Advent Children, are Tifa and Cloud engaged/married!?

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Of course there is. It's all open to interpretation, but what I see it as is this.

Cloud is telling Tifa that he wants her by his side always (from now on). That's saying a lot, especially since he seperated easily from the rest of the party. He's also telling her that, by having her at his side he feels strong enough to start a new life, to move on and to live on.

In Advent Children, are Tifa and Cloud engaged/married!?
    IMO no, I dont recall any rings on their fingers. I think they are just very close friends like before. But if you want to believe otherwise, do so.

I'm with the majority on this. I don't believe that they are engaged to marry, but there are signs that they are in some sort of relationship, until things triggered before AC starts. With Aeris and his guilt finally put to rest, there's nothing stopping them now.

Nanerpuss n-n-nanerpuss Reeno the Alchemist's Avatar

they better not be i hate tifa and shes not aloud to have him Xb
    Who needs a signature I DON'T >(

I have Dissidia, be jealous!

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    In Advent Children, are Tifa and Cloud engaged/married!?
    IMO no, I dont recall any rings on their fingers. I think they are just very close friends like before. But if you want to believe otherwise, do so.
    Tifa's wearing Cloud's Fenrir ring in the film. It's of course up to intepretation, but there is a ring involved.

Tifa's wearing Cloud's Fenrir ring in the film. It's of course up to intepretation, but there is a ring involved.
    Really I dont recall seeing one. Hmm, maybe.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

For those curious as to the ring, here's a screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

There's a much better shot of the ring in the final scene when she holds Denzel's shoulders. Or in the prologue book.

This thread is lame. They aren't engaged. Period! Maybe something will happen later? who knows? but i am a 110% im sure right

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze
    There's a much better shot of the ring in the final scene when she holds Denzel's shoulders. Or in the prologue book.
    Feel free to cap it then.

Doesn't Tifa say something in the movie about their relationship being on hold because of a memory? I don't remember the exact quote but I believe that she was meaning that she wants to be with Cloud but Cloud was keeping to him self as a result of the guilty feelings for Aerith (and everything else).

Yeah I seen that screeshot when I rewatched it. But I dont recall Cloud having a ring, so its it a random ring he gave her? It is her engagment finger isnt it?

This thread is lame. They aren't engaged. Period! Maybe something will happen later? who knows? but i am a 110% im sure right
    Dont like it? Then dont post. You may be 110% wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BatChao
    When I saw the movie I got the impression that they're trying to get together, but Cloud is being haunted by the memories of Aerith, which is holding him back.
    Ok - here's what I think - I really think Cloud and Tifa really have feelings for each other - But Cloud will always have a love for Aries - That's why he has visions and the memory of her - but in the GAME - They spent the night together on the Highwind....I thought that was pretty special - and in Advent Children - IT took me awile to understand but Denzel is their adopted kid and Tifa and Cloud are in Item but Cloud is/was a drifter- until the very end when he realizes he's not alone- He'll be with Tifa, but he will still always love Aries. I know I'm spelling her name wrong too sorry

IT took me awile to understand but Denzel is their adopted kid
    What? Wheres the proof? They are living with the orphens cause Rufus mentions it. Barret mentions protecting your mother, but I think it meant to protect your carer, but the translation was muddled up. I havent seen the dubbed version, so he may say something different that makes you believe that.