Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: In Advent Children, are Tifa and Cloud engaged/married!?

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    Where's evidence of that? As has been said, the only bedroom we see is Denzel and Marlene's. And also, they are in the middle of serious relationship issues in the course of AC, thanks to the guilt and what Cloud sees as his impending death.

http://www.ff7ac.net/?s=pages/shorts/1 Case of Tifa can be read here, along with the other novellas.
    Awesome, i read case of Denzel, but couldnt for the life of me find Case Of tifa even though i'd heard of it.
    Thanks!
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    This thread is lame. They aren't engaged. Period! Maybe something will happen later? who knows? but i am a 110% im sure right
    Dont like it? Then dont post. You may be 110% wrong.
    No and No. I dont like it but I am posting to settle the arguement. And no, sorry but its defintaely 110% right

You will never settle this "arguement", last time I checked it was a simply question. We chose what they want to believe. You claiming you are 110% right isnt going to change our minds.

i know, i just felt like stating the facts

IT took me awile to understand but Denzel is their adopted kid
    What? Wheres the proof? They are living with the orphens cause Rufus mentions it. Barret mentions protecting your mother, but I think it meant to protect your carer, but the translation was muddled up. I havent seen the dubbed version, so he may say something different that makes you believe that.
    Read on the way to a Smile, which was linked to earlier in this thread for more info. And yes, Barret does say 'protect your mom' in both versions.

And Denzel and Marlene are the only orphans Cloud and Tifa are taking care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusa
    Ok - here's what I think - I really think Cloud and Tifa really have feelings for each other - But Cloud will always have a love for Aries - That's why he has visions and the memory of her - but in the GAME - They spent the night together on the Highwind....I thought that was pretty special - and in Advent Children - IT took me awile to understand but Denzel is their adopted kid and Tifa and Cloud are in Item but Cloud is/was a drifter- until the very end when he realizes he's not alone- He'll be with Tifa, but he will still always love Aries. I know I'm spelling her name wrong too sorry
    Cloud has visions of Aerith because she is actually contacting him.
    As for always loving Aerith, that's nothing special. The entire party loves Aerith (I know you mean Romantic Love, but there's actually rather little to suggest Cloud is romantically inclined towards her and a decent bit of evidence against that idea). Cloud feels guilt over letting her, Zack, his Hometown, etc. die, which added to his contraction of Geostigma caused him to believe he could never gain redemption, that he was useless, etc, which caused his self imposed exile.

Quote Originally Posted by PontiusPilate
    i know, i just felt like stating the facts
    What Facts?

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

PontiusPilate: Do NOT state your opinions as facts.

~SapphireStar~: Stay out of it.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Ok this is why i state what i say as a fact...

1. No where do they state that Cloud and Tifa are engaged.
    2. Square would have went out and said it if they were.
    3. Saying Cloud and Tifa are engaged is as trivial as saying that Cloud is actually Hitler dressed up in a custume. They never said he wasnt, but that doesnt mean he is.

Thats why its my opinion to say that what think is a fact. And by you telling me that i cant have an opinion to say what i think is a fact is contradicting yourself

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

OOC:
    Quote Originally Posted by PontiusPilate
    Thats why its my opinion to say that what think is a fact. And by you telling me that i cant have an opinion to say what i think is a fact is contradicting yourself
    Yes, it is a fact that you have an opinion, but your opinion is not fact so post accordingly.

Opinion
    1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion” (Elizabeth Drew).
    2. A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
    3. A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.
    4. The prevailing view: public opinion.

Fact
    1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences: an account based on fact; a blur of fact and fancy.
    2. Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed: Genetic engineering is now a fact. That Chaucer was a real person is an undisputed fact.
    3. A real occurrence; an event: had to prove the facts of the case.
    4. Something believed to be true or real: a document laced with mistaken facts.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Barret mentions protecting your mother, but I think it meant to protect your carer, but the translation was muddled up. I havent seen the dubbed version, so he may say something different that makes you believe that.
    Yes I was using that quote to provide the theory but I haven't seen the "Official" translation yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze
    [Cloud has visions of Aerith because she is actually contacting him.
    As for always loving Aerith, that's nothing special. The entire party loves Aerith (I know you mean Romantic Love, but there's actually rather little to suggest Cloud is romantically inclined towards her and a decent bit of evidence against that idea). Cloud feels guilt over letting her, Zack, his Hometown, etc. die, which added to his contraction of Geostigma caused him to believe he could never gain redemption, that he was useless, etc, which caused his self imposed exile.
    I know she was contacting him, but look at his face man - He loved it, yet was sad just like when he was on the way to save the kids he turns around and BLAM back in the world dodging bullets. Kind of depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusa
    I know she was contacting him, but look at his face man - He loved it, yet was sad just like when he was on the way to save the kids he turns around and BLAM back in the world dodging bullets. Kind of depressing.
    I do look at his face. He ISN'T loving it. He's confused as all get out, then he starts kicking himself when Aerith appears, then he's confused again when she punts him back to reality.

Now if you mean in the end when they're leaving, yes, he's happy. It's because two of his best friends are making a special appearance to give him their best wishes and drive home the message that he has nothing to kick himself for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze
    Actually, Wrexsoul, you do know that it's a fairly common custom to wear the engagement ring on the right hand and then switch it over at the time of marriage, yes?
    Yes, you're right. I think it's obvious something is between them. Also, during the scene where it's just Cloud and Tifa, Tifa slams her hand on the bed and the camera focused a lot on the ring on her finger. Kinda...emphasizing it.
    Is it really worth it?

I really don't want to get bogged down in semantics since it effectively stops any creative discussion. I think i might open a thread about how Cloud is really Adolf Hitler in disguise. No one can prove I'm wrong, but I can take random lines from the movie and somehow relate them to why Cloud is really Hitler.
    Just like everyone here is doing now. It makes just about as much sense as my claiming that the following statements relating hitler to cloud.

Rufus: "Listen..."

Cloud: "Don't wanna hear it!"

Hitler can be related to Cloud in this scene because he is refusing to listen to what rufus has to say just like Hitler refused to listen to what America had to say about invading Poland.

Have fun with your opinions though
    Last edited by PontiusPilate; 05-09-2006 at 10:25 PM.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

PontiusPilate, don't make me say it again. Knock it off.

Fine. I'll stop. I was having so much fun too

Cloud and tifa are just friends...with benefits