Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: In Advent Children, are Tifa and Cloud engaged/married!?

Let's look at this piece by piece, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by Kadaaju
    Tifa's a whore!
    She's a bartender, an adoptive mother, and commited to a single man. What about this says whore to you? Unless, of course, you were attempting to judge her by her physical assets, which is just plain prejudiced discrimination, good sir.

Besides, a much stronger case can be made for the concept that Aerith was a prostitute (She walks the street late at night propositioning men to buy 'flowers' at what are usually exorbitant prices). I mean, that's so blatant it's GOTTA be a front for somebody.

Now then, onto the next.

x.o;;; i dislike her. that UGLY B****. -twitch-
    Ugly? Good sir, you should either have your vision or your reality checked. Tifa is by no means ugly. Calling her Ugly is like calling Yuffie fat. It's not true and everyone can see so.

As for her being a 'bitch' (why censor if you've already called her a whore?), again, there is more to suggest Aerith is a bitch than Tifa (most notably the gold saucer scene where she mercilessly teases Barret, despite his obvious temper and Tifa's misgivings), so unless one is willing to consider Aerith a bitch as well, you should probably not consider Tifa one either.

X333 im going to get hurt. -stares at all the Tifa fans then looks at the small amount of Tifa haters to support him- D: -gonna die-
    No, we won't hurt you, merely crush you with actual, y'know, arguments.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kadaaju: Watch your language. There is not reason to be so crude.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze
    Let's look at this piece by piece, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by Kadaaju
    Tifa's a whore!
    She's a bartender, an adoptive mother, and commited to a single man. What about this says whore to you? Unless, of course, you were attempting to judge her by her physical assets, which is just plain prejudiced discrimination, good sir.

Besides, a much stronger case can be made for the concept that Aerith was a prostitute (She walks the street late at night propositioning men to buy 'flowers' at what are usually exorbitant prices). I mean, that's so blatant it's GOTTA be a front for somebody.

Now then, onto the next.

x.o;;; i dislike her. that UGLY B****. -twitch-
    Ugly? Good sir, you should either have your vision or your reality checked. Tifa is by no means ugly. Calling her Ugly is like calling Yuffie fat. It's not true and everyone can see so.

As for her being a 'bitch' (why censor if you've already called her a whore?), again, there is more to suggest Aerith is a bitch than Tifa (most notably the gold saucer scene where she mercilessly teases Barret, despite his obvious temper and Tifa's misgivings), so unless one is willing to consider Aerith a bitch as well, you should probably not consider Tifa one either.

X333 im going to get hurt. -stares at all the Tifa fans then looks at the small amount of Tifa haters to support him- D: -gonna die-
    No, we won't hurt you, merely crush you with actual, y'know, arguments.
    Tifa isn't good looking, shes not effing real. You didn't crush him in anything. No one these days ever uses swear words in their proper context anyway. If i called you a [leeza]*snip*[/leeza], it doesn't actually mean you are a person who [leeza]*snip*[/leeza]. It's just used as an insult.

You don't know Tifa's commited because it hasn't been proven yet.

He's also just being immature, you don't need to go and analyze it

[leeza]Do NOT go around the filters for any reason. ~ Leeza[/leeza]
    Last edited by PontiusPilate; 06-03-2006 at 03:24 AM.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

The game shows, time and time again, Tifa's commitment to Cloud. She sticks by him throughout the game and Advent Children, so her commitment is indeed proven. What's a grey area is whether or not he recpriocates it romanticly, but she clearly remains commited to him regardless. We so no evidence what so ever of her even looking at another man in 'that way', let alone pursuing one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    The game shows, time and time again, Tifa's commitment to Cloud. She sticks by him throughout the game and Advent Children, so her commitment is indeed proven. What's a grey area is whether or not he recpriocates it romanticly, but she clearly remains commited to him regardless. We so no evidence what so ever of her even looking at another man in 'that way', let alone pursuing one.
    Not commited as in engaged. They aren't engaged and no one has proven that yet

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

No one is saying commited as in engaged. Commited does not mean engaged. Ryu clearly wasnt using the word in that context either, as far as I can tell, and I'm pretty sure you were well aware of that to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    No one is saying commited as in engaged. Commited does not mean engaged. Ryu clearly wasnt using the word in that context either, as far as I can tell, and I'm pretty sure you were well aware of that to begin with.
    Since the topic is engagement and people use the word commited when they are engaged, i connected the dots and came to the conclusion it meant engaged.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Yes, the topic is engagement. However, the comments Kadaaju made had nothing to do with engagement, so why would Ryu's reply have anything to do with engagement? He also said Tifa's commitment to Cloud, not Cloud and Tifa's commitment to eachother. You cant have an engagement with commitment only on one side. Ryu's post had nothing to do with the engagement issue.

So I think we've got that all cleared up, yeah? So lets move on
    Last edited by TheAbominatrix; 06-03-2006 at 10:19 AM.

Tifa isn't good looking, shes not effing real.
    I can't believe you'd actually THINK this was a real argument. You'd like to argue that despite looking exactly like a real person, Tifa cannot be 'good looking' simply because she is fictional? Excuse me while I stand here unimpressed by your words.

You didn't crush him in anything.
    Never said I did. It was a promise, not a declarative.

No one these days ever uses swear words in their proper context anyway. If i called you a *snip*, it doesn't actually mean you are a person who *snip*. It's just used as an insult.
    If you declare that someone is a whore, and use this as a reason for not liking them, then you must either be using one of the common definitions of whore, or your reasoning is completely and utterly lacking. While this is possible, I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he was using the word with actual meaning.

You don't know Tifa's commited because it hasn't been proven yet.
    Abom has dealt with this, but I'll say it again. Tifa is committed to Cloud.

I do think it is interesting to note that you allow for the word 'whore' to be used with an unfixed meaning, when its definitions are rather specific in their meanings, but insist that 'commited', which means standing by someone (I am committed to this course of action/ to my commander), and insist it means 'commitment' or 'committed to each other', when my wording suggested no such thing. Interesting double standard you've got going.

And why shouldn't I reveal mindless immaturity for what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze
    Tifa isn't good looking, shes not effing real.
    I can't believe you'd actually THINK this was a real argument. You'd like to argue that despite looking exactly like a real person, Tifa cannot be 'good looking' simply because she is fictional? Excuse me while I stand here unimpressed by your words.

You didn't crush him in anything.
    Never said I did. It was a promise, not a declarative.

And why shouldn't I reveal mindless immaturity for what it is?
    Not only is she fictional, but she's animated. If i am able to obviously tell that something is animated, i am not attracted to it. I will use Lara Croft as an example.

http://www.tcmagazine.info/images/gc/news/Lara_2.jpg <-- Not attractive because she is clearly not real.

http://www.sciencefictionmuseum.org/...b%20Raider.jpg <--- Attractive because she is real

If you are one of those people who likes hentai and such... good for you and like what you want.

I'm sorry to say that you did not and will not crush him in anything.

You didn't reveal squat, it was already revealed in the first place when he posted. It's called common sense. If someone cannot tell the difference between mature and immature then they probably shouldn't be on a forum in the first place.

Both of the images are equally real. One happens to be a 2-D representation of someone who does not exist, the other a 2-D representation of someone who does.
    Of course I never said 'attractive', I said 'good looking'. Believe it or not, there is an objective set of criteria set up, based on the average human facial recognition patterns to determine if someone is 'good looking', or not. Everyone in AC fits these criteria.

For someone who is trying to excuse someone else's choice of words, you certainly have a hang up with the ones I'm using.

I meant the mindless more than the immaturity, but this is beside the point. The point was to make an example of such posts, because the occur all too often, and to be honest, I am sick of these mindless, untrue character attacks, and people who seem to think them devastating arguments.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ryushikaze, please stop nitpicking.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

(I know this is a few days old, but oh well. Some posts here were made between a few days's time. I just feel like saying what I feel.)

This is one of those threads that I read after I post because I feel that I have to throw in my two cents first. Sorry if my post annoys anyone.

I think that, if he really liked Aerith/Aeris (whichever one you prefer), since she is dead, Cloud's path is clear. It's obivous that he likes Tifa, and that she likes him back. But, regardless of whether he really liked her or not, he can't quite let go of Aeris/Aerith because, even if he didn't like her, the guilt of "letting" her die is haunting him, and he feels that marrying Tifa could simply get her killed. He said in AC that he wasn't fit to help anybody, which I'm guessing means that he's not a protector, the key words being "not" and "protector". That's why I'm taking it that he's afraid he wouldn't be able to protect Tifa. So that, combined with his guilt, makes a reason, in his eyes, to not marry her. That's why they act as a family, but they both know that they're not a TRUE family. His feelings for her are shown when he thinks she's dead in his "home". He thinks he's failed again, and that his love is going to die. I haven't seen the Japanese version, but, in the English version, it sounds as if he's choking on her name. And her line "Or does that only work for REAL families" suggests that they WANT to be a family, but Cloud's just too confused to marry her. They live in the same place (even if he's not always there), and they've adopted two kids. And, as someone else here said, at the end of AC, the look that they give each other seems to suggest that, since he's no longer confused, he can do what he's been wanting to do------Start a life with Tifa. I mean, people could go around saying that they're not a couple and that they won't be, but you can't ignore the fact that they live in the same house, they've adopted two kids, and there are references to them being a a family that's lacking one thing to becoming a true family: Marriage. Cloud worries about Tifa, and she worries about him in turn. She tries to pull him through things (the "true family" reference here is her question), Cloud says that he's not fit to help anyone, etc, etc. But that's exactly what it means. He's not fit to help anyone. That's what he feels. That doesn't mean anything about him not wanting to marry her. They show every sign of a family, and every sign of a relationship that they want to have but simply can't take past friendship because Cloud is afraid of what will happen. The looks. the phrases. The living quarters. Everything points towards this.

Here's what I think. Remember how in the game you can choose to be on a date with tifa or areith? I think in AC it was sort of the same, because he clearly has or had feelings for areith, and at the same time there were many clues that he might or is with tifa. I think there is no correct answer to it, but to believe in whatever you feel that is correct.

in the original game you can also hedge the date toward either Yuffie or Barret, does that mean Cloud wants to have romantic relations with either of them?.. the Love Triangle Date Mechanic isn't even a Love Triangle at all it's just a fun little side quest/game that was never explained in any official capacity... it's funny how ppl tend to use this little mechanic to support the existance of a Love Triangle and conveniently forget that Barret and Yuffie are also options... the truth of the matter is the pairings are officialy Cloud/Tifa & Zack/Aerith, there is no Love Triangle... honestly if you play it out true to clouds nature you will end up on a date with Tifa anyway...
    Last edited by Elly; 06-29-2009 at 10:55 PM.