Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: In Advent Children, are Tifa and Cloud engaged/married!?

Default In Advent Children, are Tifa and Cloud engaged/married!?

I've been wondering this since I've seen the movie. Tifa has a ring on her finger, for one, and two, her and Cloud have a conversation sorta like this:

Tifa: You have geostigma, don't you?
    (Cloud doesn't reply)
    Tifa: We can fight it. Together.
    Cloud: There's no cure.
    Tifa: That's not stopping Denzel, is it?
    (Cloud doesn't reply again)
    Tifa: Or... do we have to be a REAL family for that to happen?
    (Cloud looks at her)
    Cloud: Tifa...
    (Tifa looks over at Cloud)
    Cloud: I'm not fit to help anyone. Not my family, not my friends. No one.

And when she says, "Or do we have to be a real family for that to happen?" I think it means that they're not a REAL family (like related) but they could be engaged or married. Any thoughts?

No they arent.

okay the beginning of the title says "In Advent Children" so shouldn't this thread be in the advent children forums?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thanks Owen Macwere for my new updated sig!

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Yes, it should, but thats just spamming and acting like a CK, so, to stay on topic, they aren't married, but they do seem awfully close, more than friends.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Either

1.) They still remain ambiguous for fans to speculate

2.) It's answered in those novellas (?)

Either way, Tifa/Cloud shippers are thoroughly drooling.

If they don't get married soon, they never will... Tifa can only bottle her love for so long before it moves to someone else (Reno, hello!)

They've adopted a kid, they seem to share a room in CoT (to forestall- the rooms we see in AC are the kid's room and Cloud's office, which is referred to seperately from the room he sleeps in), she's the Cloudy Wolf ring with the inset gem (Denzel has a ring as well, but it does not have the gem inset to my memory), etc. etc. etc.

So, we're not sure, signs are looking up.

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    There not.

i am told that this is because he is saving himself for me

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

They aren't engaged or married, but I think if Cloud popped the question Tifa would have zero objections.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver
    If they don't get married soon, they never will... Tifa can only bottle her love for so long before it moves to someone else (Reno, hello!)
    Ha ha, seriously.

But anyway, I severely doubt that Tifa and Cloud are engaged, much less a couple. They just don't act like it at all. And while Tifa wears a ring, it's on her RIGHT hand....

There were little things going on in "Case of Tifa," such as Cloud getting all cute and blushing at some point, but I think that even at the time of AC, there's no romance between them. Although I'd like to think that they DO get together. Eventually. Finally.

Actually, Wrexsoul, you do know that it's a fairly common custom to wear the engagement ring on the right hand and then switch it over at the time of marriage, yes?

Yeah... I was just wondering because a lot of people think they are. I mean, I don't get why they never got together in Final Fantasy VII cause there are alot of little things that lead to a relationship between the two. The date, for one. Tifa ALMOST tells Cloud how she feels and then the ride stops, and the memory part, too. Cloud said he wanted to impress her and things like that. In every Final Fantasy, there is some sort of love story, but in FF7, it seems that there's a love triangle between Cloud, Aeris, and Tifa, but you never really know who Cloud really likes most. Just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze
    Actually, Wrexsoul, you do know that it's a fairly common custom to wear the engagement ring on the right hand and then switch it over at the time of marriage, yes?
    .................it IS??? 0__0 I guess it seemed like the engaged people around me kept the ring on their left hand, so I just assumed everyone did... hmmmm......

As much as I would *like* Tifa and Cloud to be engaged, I just don't get that impression when I watch the movie. It's a nice thought and I would rather it be true. But I think this is the best we can get, considering all hell would break loose if the love triangle were actually resolved...

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

But I think this is the best we can get, considering all hell would break loose if the love triangle were actually resolved...
    This is pretty much why they remain ambiguous.

Though I always just assumed they got together in the first place.