Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: In Advent Children, are Tifa and Cloud engaged/married!?

Quote Originally Posted by smurph
    Cloud and tifa are just friends...with benefits
    Damn right, Clouds a pimp

Quote Originally Posted by lovin_life88
    I've been wondering this since I've seen the movie. Tifa has a ring on her finger, for one, and two, her and Cloud have a conversation sorta like this:

Tifa: You have geostigma, don't you?
    (Cloud doesn't reply)
    Tifa: We can fight it. Together.
    Cloud: There's no cure.
    Tifa: That's not stopping Denzel, is it?
    (Cloud doesn't reply again)
    Tifa: Or... do we have to be a REAL family for that to happen?
    (Cloud looks at her)
    Cloud: Tifa...
    (Tifa looks over at Cloud)
    Cloud: I'm not fit to help anyone. Not my family, not my friends. No one.

And when she says, "Or do we have to be a real family for that to happen?" I think it means that they're not a REAL family (like related) but they could be engaged or married. Any thoughts?
    INFO: Here's what's really been said in Nihonggo:

TIFA: It's called 'geostigma', isn't it?
    (Cloud is silent)
    TIFA: Do you think it's okay for you to just die like this?
    (Cloud's still silent)
    TIFA: So I'm right.
    CLOUD: There is no cure.
    TIFA: But Denzel's doing his best, isn't he? Don't run away, don't you want to fight this together with us? Let's do our best and help each other out.
    (Cloud is silent again)
    TIFA: We aren't your true family, so I guess it's hopeless.
    CLOUD: I think I'm not going to be able to save anyone. Not family, not friends. No one.

And just to answer your question, nope they are not engaged/married. At least nothing in AC shows that they are. But they ARE romantically involved/have been romantically involved. After watching the movie about 10 times now and mulling things over, that's one of the things I discovered. After all, Cloud DID live together with Tifa and the kids before he went on his own and he even made his office at the 7th Heaven right? And from the look of the place, there isn't much room in there. If memory serves right, I saw just 3 (or was it 2?) doors at the corridor. Meaning, one is for kids, the other for the office and another room for Cloud and Tifa (or the office/bedroom for them both). And if you're thinking for even a second that nothing's happening between them, think again. ^_^ And I've been here in Japan long enough to know how these people's minds work. And if the look Tifa was giving Cloud near the ending was an indication, then things are definitely on the works for them. ^_^

If you have other questions, please feel free to ask. hehehe.

Ja ne! ^_^

Default <.<

I'm just going to do my best to HOPE that Cloud and Tifa AREN'T engaged or married.

Cloud cant get engaged with tifa. Even though she's dead, cloud will never stop loving aeris

Quote Originally Posted by PontiusPilate
    Cloud cant get engaged with tifa. Even though she's dead, cloud will never stop loving aeris
    I DESPISE people who make claims like this and never provide a scrap of evidence for their claims, as I've said several times already. You, my friend, are the proverbial straw. As such, I'm throwing the guantlet.

What this entails? You are expected to PROVE IT.

Prove Cloud ever considered Aerith romantically, especially in light of his recalling, and then later declaring in her presence (His meeting with his mother during the Nibleheim events) that he was not interested in Older girls who were the mothering type, and that his dearest memories were of Tifa, not of Aerith. And in light of his words to Tifa immediately post FF7 (in Case of Tifa), their living together, the cloudy wolf ring, their adopting of a child, etc. In short, PONY UP and provide evidence, taken IN context, to support your claim that Cloud was romantically interested in Aerith, much less that Cloud and Tifa will never get hitched because the Chocobo headed fool will pine eternally for the flower girl.

Feel free to make a seperate thread on it, as it might be somewhat off topic for this one, but definitely adress the challenge, or consider your claim conceeded.

Default Tifa and Cloud arent married

Tifa and Cloud arent married... and they almost never will...:eek: but maybe in the future SquareCnix might make another movie with Tifa and Cloud getting married... but for now, they arent married... In the movie when the children are getting a dip in the holy water, Tifa smiles sooo cutely and then Cloud gets a imagination... He sees Zack and Aeris behind Tifa or himself... i dont remember cuz its been a long time since i watched the movie... :love:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze
    I DESPISE people who make claims like this and never provide a scrap of evidence for their claims, as I've said several times already. You, my friend, are the proverbial straw. As such, I'm throwing the guantlet.
    I may very well love you.

I like Tifa better, so yes Cloud and Tifa are married. You want evidence? Tifa said "zuruzuru" to him...that obviously means they are married.

On a serious note...Similar to how Link will never talk because Nintendo fears their fan-base, Cloud will never choose one of his ladies because Square fears being burned alive by their fan-base.

Cloud is too busy saving the Planet and wearing black for girls anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver
    I like Tifa better, so yes Cloud and Tifa are married. You want evidence? Tifa said "zuruzuru" to him...that obviously means they are married.

On a serious note...Similar to how Link will never talk because Nintendo fears their fan-base, Cloud will never choose one of his ladies because Square fears being burned alive by their fan-base.

Cloud is too busy saving the Planet and wearing black for girls anyway.
    Cloud is traditionally too conflicted to pick either of them anyway. If you look at the Character Map in the Ultimania Omega guide, there are "Romantic" arrows going from Aeris, Tifa, and Jessie to Cloud, but he doesn't have any pointing back at any of the three. In a lot of ways, Cloud's not able to let himself hit that level because he's got a lot of things to get through on his own, first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryushikaze

What this entails? You are expected to PROVE IT.

Prove Cloud ever considered Aerith romantically, especially in light of his recalling, and then later declaring in her presence (His meeting with his mother during the Nibleheim events) that he was not interested in Older girls who were the mothering type, and that his dearest memories were of Tifa, not of Aerith. And in light of his words to Tifa immediately post FF7 (in Case of Tifa), their living together, the cloudy wolf ring, their adopting of a child, etc. In short, PONY UP and provide evidence, taken IN context, to support your claim that Cloud was romantically interested in Aerith, much less that Cloud and Tifa will never get hitched because the Chocobo headed fool will pine eternally for the flower girl.

Feel free to make a seperate thread on it, as it might be somewhat off topic for this one, but definitely adress the challenge, or consider your claim conceeded.
    Quit whining. I was just saying it as a suggestion. I actually want to change my statement. Theirs about as much proof that cloud loves tifa as there is that she loves aeris and that is none.

If you want honest opinion. I think Tifa and cloud are NOT engaged. Their is no substantial proof that they are and the vague little snippets information, that if people tried really hard, could be twisted into making it look like Cloud and Tifa have "something" between each other.

Now tell me, did cloud flirt with tifa at any point in the movie? Didn't think so. I'd hope that when you have a girlfriend that you would flirt or something to show you like her. Flirting is a much bigger sign then random wolf rings or other such items that could suggest something between tifa and cloud. And if i do turn out to be wrong. Judging by how much they dont flirt, i'll give them about a year till they divorce.

And when u say "evidence" or "proof" to back things up im assuming u meant cold hard evidence, which neither you or anyone else here can seem to give. For example. Cloud and Tifa holding hands or kissing would be cold hard proof. Their is more cold hard evidence that they arent engaged. The fact that they dont flirt, touch or do anything romantic IMO already outweighs any other evidence they are together given. IMO they are not officially together until you can prove that they are (i mean real proof), not the other way around
    Last edited by PontiusPilate; 05-25-2006 at 01:43 AM.

Quit whining. I was just saying it as a suggestion.
    THIS is a suggestion?
    Is a rather solid declarative

I actually want to change my statement. Theirs about as much proof that cloud loves tifa as there is that she loves aeris and that is none.
    Except for first hand testimonial- such as his words to her right after Holy's success- notable courses of actions- abandoning a just hired to position as a bodyguard to go chase after her- his dearest memories are of her, he left town and changed his entire life in order to become someone good enough for Tifa, he friggin decided to adopt a child with her, for crying out loud. Nope. Not a scrap of proof. ::rolls eyes::

If you want honest opinion. I think Tifa and cloud are NOT engaged. Their is no substantial proof that they are and the vague little snippets information, that if people tried really hard, could be twisted into making it look like Cloud and Tifa have "something" between each other.
    That's because romance is honestly NOT important to the plot of either FF7 or AC. It's a side element- a fun one, but it takes secondary precedence to the main stories (Cloud's mental issues and that whole world saving thing).

Now tell me, did cloud flirt with tifa at any point in the movie? Didn't think so. I'd hope that when you have a girlfriend that you would flirt or something to show you like her. Flirting is a much bigger sign then random wolf rings or other such items that could suggest something between tifa and cloud. And if i do turn out to be wrong. Judging by how much they dont flirt, i'll give them about a year till they divorce.
    Tell me, was Cloud suffering from a wasting, fatal, incurable disease during this movie? Had he not sent himself into an exile from his family in order to protect them from this and to find his penance? Yes. He did. Not quite the best mood or circumstance for flirting.
    On the other hand, shortly after, in Reminiscence, in a not more than minute long phone call, Cloud and Tifa are back to actually talking and laughing with each other.

And when u say "evidence" or "proof" to back things up im assuming u meant cold hard evidence, which neither you or anyone else here can seem to give. For example. Cloud and Tifa holding hands or kissing would be cold hard proof. Their is more cold hard evidence that they arent engaged. The fact that they dont flirt, touch or do anything romantic IMO already outweighs any other evidence they are together given. IMO they are not officially together until you can prove that they are (i mean real proof), not the other way around
    Do not attempt to twist the burden of proof onto me, child. I'm not the one who made a declarative statement with neither backing nor hedging.
    As for evidence, try Cloud's own words. He flat out said that he intended to spend his life with Tifa by his side at the start of CoT. Not evidence that they are engaged, but worthwhile declaration of intent. Corroborated with Tifa wearing a unique and named ring which follows a naming scheme that refers to Cloud, and allowing for the idea that the creators intend for something the actually focus on a couple times in this movie to have some signifigance (plus it being on the ring finger where an engagement ring would go), and you can make a case that Cloud proposed sometime before the disease got to him.

Of course, there is also the fact that the concept of Cloud being engaged to the girl he decided to change his entire life to impress and has plainly said he wishes to spend his life with is orders of magnitude more parsimonious than the concept of Cloud eternally pining for the dead Aerith.

It's also mentioned in Wikipedia that Square's afraid to put a verdict on the Cloud-Tifa-Aeris love triangle for it might cause a massive uproar among the fans. I remember years ago that Tifa and Aeris fans had an epichal online war.

But then again, put Aeris aside in Advent Children!
    1. She's dead.
    2. She already has Zack (her former boyfriend) in the Lifestream to live happily ever after with!

@Ryushikaze: What's CoT again?! XD I sort of forgot.
    Last edited by Yliette; 05-26-2006 at 03:34 AM.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Case of Tifa. A Novella written by Nojima which deals, from Tifa's point of view, about some of two year period between FF7 and AC. A link to it exists further back in this thread.

It also contains a scene which seems to imply that Cloud and Tifa share a room.

Addendum: Just for future reference- Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Never cite it. Ever.
    Last edited by Ryushikaze; 05-26-2006 at 06:26 PM.

Default T_T;;

Tifa's a whore! x.o;;; i dislike her. that UGLY B****. -twitch- X333 im going to get hurt. -stares at all the Tifa fans then looks at the small amount of Tifa haters to support him- D: -gonna die-