Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FFXII OST Opinions.

Default FFXII OST Opinions.

Im pretty disappointed with the music in the game. There are a few stand outs, some are very good. But the others are very similier and boring.
    I dont know what the names for each song because they arent mentioned on the torrent I downloaded.
    I would of thought FFXII would have a great soundtrack, after FFX's amazing soundtrack, Im very disappointed.

Hm... Care to elaborate some? Without song-titles, I guess that'll be a bit hard, but... maybe some comparison to previous FFs? What's the general mood? What about instrumentation, is it a full symphony orchestra or various synthesized thingies?
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

I haven't really heard any of it yet, but wasn't this one of the Japanese complaints, the lame-like tunes? That can't be good at all, no at all ^_^ Well I like the Tactics' games soundtracks so I'm sure it will work out in the end. Besides I bet it's not horrible compared to other games, maybe just not up to par compared to other Final Fantasy games. No Battle Theme n' such can make it seem less stand-out-y perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Warrior
    Hm... Care to elaborate some? Without song-titles, I guess that'll be a bit hard, but... maybe some comparison to previous FFs? What's the general mood? What about instrumentation, is it a full symphony orchestra or various synthesized thingies?
    The songs usually build up to a big orchestrated set piece, they all pretty do this the same.

Some of the songs feel old and bland at times, like the music was made for an SNES version of final fantasy, but its just is getting used now.

However, it still does have some good music to it. When Baltheir (I think I got his name right) and crew leave in the airship, that song is very well done.

It's awesome and very nicely fitted to the scenes/places/characters etc. A few too many variations of some themes, but that's kinda like an FF thing, if you look at the other soundtracks.

Gogo Sakimoto!

Quote Originally Posted by ughhis
    It's awesome and very nicely fitted to the scenes/places/characters etc. A few too many variations of some themes, but that's kinda like an FF thing, if you look at the other soundtracks.

Gogo Sakimoto!
    One example, listen to Aeris' theme, and then listen to the end theme of FFVI. They are almost identical at many parts.
    Support Final Fantasy Heroes!
    FFHeroes, an online card game based on the Final Fantasy games.

I wouldn't say the music is bad, but different from the other FF games.

The songs in this FF12 game is not heavily Wagnerian as did all other games where each song would have specifically described a character or an event. That was what get me interested in FF music, too ^^
    Because Nubuo Uematsu-san has successfully incorporated the drama into music, rather than being just absolute melody, so even if you aren't playing the game, you would have a pretty good idea what's going on just listening to the tracks.

But, you can do that (sort of) with the tracks in FF12, too. I really like the theme they have when they fight the summons!

BTW, I think they were intentional in making Aeris theme the same as the ending theme of the FFVII game because Aeris, after all, plays an EXTREMELY BIG ROLE in the game. Actually, they have been using the themes of the heroine as the ending themes for the game series since FFVII to FFX (Aeris-Pure Heart, Rinoa-Eyes on Me, Garnet-Melodies of Life, Yuna-It's Beautiful, Isn't It) <-I guess I was just disappointed that Ashe didn't get her own song

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Of course it's different. It's made by the Tactics composer. (Of course, whether you like it or not is up to you. )

Quote Originally Posted by Hiraku
    BTW, I think they were intentional in making Aeris theme the same as the ending theme of the FFVII game because Aeris, after all, plays an EXTREMELY BIG ROLE in the game.
    I didnt say FFVII, I said FFVI. Here, let me show you.

FFVI Ending

Sounds familiar, doesnt it?

Actually, it sounds like it has parts like two songs...Aeris' theme, and something else...I was thinking balamb garden's song, but it doesnt seem right...
    Support Final Fantasy Heroes!
    FFHeroes, an online card game based on the Final Fantasy games.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Epilogue for FFVI contains remixes of every characters' lietmotif, depending on who you got. However, Celes' theme sounds very much like Aerith's theme, that's what you mean. Along with the beginning of the ending.

Yowda, breathing life into this topic just to say I watched some gameplay videos and Vaan running around a city, and I really liked the music playing in the background. It wasn't melody-catchy like Uematsu maybe, but it just sort of... Fit the game to me. I dunno, but I liked it first impression.

And I went and out found Kiss Me Good-bye and I found it acceptable if not just sort of average. Actually, I've had good first impressions about the whole title, the feel, mood, music, characters all that stuff. All looks and sounds groovy to me. The chocobo theme is back too, which is all that truly matters in life.

But anywho... This game's been getting lotsa heat, so I thought I should spread some sugar around and say something positive >.>'

It's probably a good idea to play the game before you listen to the soundtrack. A large part of what makes soundtracks to great games so listenable is the great memories the tunes and songs bring back from the game. Without having the experience of first playing the game this musical arrangement is for, I think I'll pass on listening to it.

Quote Originally Posted by wandererwillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiraku
    BTW, I think they were intentional in making Aeris theme the same as the ending theme of the FFVII game because Aeris, after all, plays an EXTREMELY BIG ROLE in the game.
    I didnt say FFVII, I said FFVI. Here, let me show you.

FFVI Ending

Sounds familiar, doesnt it?

Actually, it sounds like it has parts like two songs...Aeris' theme, and something else...I was thinking balamb garden's song, but it doesnt seem right...

I enjoy Final Fantasy VIs version of the "aerith theme" or whatever much better, I like the singing in it. The ending sounds like some of the final battles songs in FF8 but a little more twisted. Either way, majority of the songs in the Final Fantasy series are done very well.
    I've come to be forgiven. "You show me how to see, that nothing is whole and nothing is broken..."

FFXII's OST didn't stand out over the others, but there were a few tracks I quite enjoyed.

FINAL FANTASY (FFXII Version) - a better remake of FF4's Prologue, and you hear it very often unlike the same piece of music in other FFs.

Giza Plains - nice open field music

Esper battle and Esper summoned music - very good battle theme

Kiss Me Goodbye was alright

and of course... MAJOR SPOILER
    [SPOILERS]Clash on the Big Bridge (FFXII Version)[/spoilers]