Thread: Weapons

Default Weapons

i read somewhere that any characyer can equip any weaopn is that true and is there any special requirements?
    URL=http://ff-fan.com][/URL]
    Which FF Character Are You?
    Cloud give me the black materia so i can become god!!!!!:fencing: :fencing: :fencing:

(Spoiler warning..ish : Don't read this if XII's systems are a surprise to you and you want it to stay that way)

Like abilities, weapons and armor are learned on the License Board, and once you "purchase" them, you can use them. You kill enemies, earn LP, and then buy things. A square on the License Board gives you access to the four square's around it, the one above, below, to the left, and to the right.

So think of it like moving and getting access to Rods, Cure, Cloaks, and +10 to MP (this is a random example I made up, for the record)... If Rods cost 200 LP you use up 200 LP to buy it and that person can now equip Rods... And as all stats in this game are weapon based, meaning you can be level 99 but with a crappy weapon you'll just have lots of life and no damage, this person is very swayed in the "white mage" direction. Now this character can equip rods and get a +40 to magic or something of that nature.

Move to a new square and get access to Daggers, Steal, Light Armor, and +3 to Strength and so that's very thief type, buy the daggers use the daggers yadda yadda I'm sure we're good.

In short, anyone can use any weapon as long as it is Licensed.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 04-30-2006 at 09:26 PM.

So does that apply to any character to any weapon.
    e.g.if you got fedup with penelo's double edged rod (what ever it is) you could change it to a bow or even a sword
    URL=http://ff-fan.com][/URL]
    Which FF Character Are You?
    Cloud give me the black materia so i can become god!!!!!:fencing: :fencing: :fencing:

If she has spent the required License Points to learn Bows or Swords then yes she could, if not then no.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

i think some characters would have higher starting stats to make them better at certain things but if you dont like those you could make them good at other things if you wanted.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Word is all stats come from weapons... So no character's will have "base stats". Leveling only increases your hp/mp and nothing else.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

characters need base stats and always have them. E.G. basch may start out with 20 strength and vaans may be 18. although these dont increase by level up they will still be base stats.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah you are probably right.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

So that's why I can't equip a rod to Fran? hmmm.......
    (SPOILER)The most hardest things to obtain is GIL!!! enemy don't give gil, you have to sell something....:kaocry2:

License board is like Sphere Grid.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

I love having everyone use knight swords except Ashe the tank who uses sword/shield.

I've never actually checked to see if character's stats improve as they level up. I just assumed they'd increase per level.