Thread: A Few Questions... (Spoilers)

Default A Few Questions... (Spoilers)

Okay I have seen the movie around 5 times now and am just wondering a few things

1.What did Kadaj do the water at the forgotten city and why did he want the children to drink it.
    2. Why Loz and the Other Guy to take the children back to migar after the forgotten city incident.
    3. Are Aerith and Zack alive in the ending?
    [leeza]At 204 kb, this is way over our 50 kb filesize limit. It's also way over the 250 pixel height limit. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

1. It allowed him to control them... Didn't you notice the way they seemed drugged, or had the same EYES as him.

2. They went back to midgar to pull the statue down, the kids were sort of standing guard around them...

3. They weren't...

Remnant of Sephiroth Oasis Writer's Avatar

The questions had been answered, but I'll give my two cents.

1) He was using them to control, and to help enhance the Geostigma, giving the return and reunion of Jenova stronger.

2) Too what I was thinking, they wanted them as guards, but they also used them as a circlulation for the stagma, make it easier to control Behemute or something like that.

3) No they weren't, all of that was sybolism showing Cloud was better.
    I want to sail the darkness of the Cosmos using this planet as my vessel

All questions concerning Advent Children can be answered using the following rules:

Rule 1: Because it's cool.

Rule 2: Because he wants mommy to love him best.

Rule 3: Because she can.

Just repeat them to yourself anytime a misunderstanding pops up and one of them will fit your question like a glove.

I'd like to add my own perceptions...

1. I think the answer's in Kadaj's speech before he made the children drink the water. You know how easy it is to manipulate children with words... and I'm too lazy to post Kadaj's exact words. ^_^

2. Sephiroth said something near the ending about the thoughts of those who died from geostigma joining the lifestream and devouring the planet. Since Kadaj thought he would start 'the beginning of the end' and finish it right there, I think he actually wanted the children to be killed. Why else would they leave them at the monument when they knew Bahamut would destroy it, right???

3. Nope, Aerith and Zack are DEAD. I think what Square wanted to relay is that they're finally together in the afterlife(w/c I think is the way it should be since they're the ones who're meant for each other, not Aerith/Cloud) and they were saying goodbye to Cloud because in actuality, they never had the chance to.

That's all, I hope that kinda helped. Ja ne! ^_^

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by FaTaLfURy
    3. Nope, Aerith and Zack are DEAD. I think what Square wanted to relay is that they're finally together in the afterlife(w/c I think is the way it should be since they're the ones who're meant for each other, not Aerith/Cloud) and they were saying goodbye to Cloud because in actuality, they never had the chance to.
    And to show that she doesn't actually want to be revived. At least, that's the message I got.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifthom
    1. It allowed him to control them... Didn't you notice the way they seemed drugged, or had the same EYES as him.

2. They went back to midgar to pull the statue down, the kids were sort of standing guard around them...

3. They weren't...
    I'm agree
    :temigi: FiNaL fAnTaSy:tehidari:

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by PresZidane
    Okay I have seen the movie around 5 times now and am just wondering a few things

1.What did Kadaj do the water at the forgotten city and why did he want the children to drink it.
    It was liike he exuded something into it - his willpower, some people say. He was basically triggering the kids' Jenova cells, transforming them into puppet-like zombies he could control.
    2. Why Loz and the Other Guy to take the children back to migar after the forgotten city incident.
    They thought Jenova's remains were hidden inside the monument, or somewhere in the city; they'd need everyone there for a complete reunion.
    Nope, just their spirits dropping by to say "hi".

Quote Originally Posted by PresZidane
    When Sephiroth returns at the end of the movie, he is able to literally evoke a "Dark Lifestream"--the corrupted Spirit Energy of those people who died from Geostigma--and blacken the sky. At various times in the movie, Loz and Yazoo are also able to use this Dark Lifestream; in such cases, they summon up the Shadow Creepers. Presumably, Kadaj would also be able to control it. That being the case, it was most likely that Dark Lifestream which blackened the water. This makes even more sense in light of the fact that it was a combination of water and Spirit Energy that purged Cloud's Geostigma, whereas the Black Water intensified Jenova's effects.

In addition to being "siblings" to the SHM and thus would-be participants in the planned Reunion, Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo also intended for the children to lead them to the "head of Jenova." Since the SHM did not know where it was, and the Jenova Reunion Theory states that Jenova's cells will come back together, they believed that the children would head to it, and thus lead them to Jenova. This was why Kadaj had them drink the Black Water at the Forgotten Capital--it activated their "Reunion instincts."

No.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune·1600

In addition to being "siblings" to the SHM and thus would-be participants in the planned Reunion, Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo also intended for the children to lead them to the "head of Jenova." Since the SHM did not know where it was, and the Jenova Reunion Theory states that Jenova's cells will come back together, they believed that the children would head to it, and thus lead them to Jenova. This was why Kadaj had them drink the Black Water at the Forgotten Capital--it activated their "Reunion instincts."
    So it was the children that lead them to the Shinra's Statue or they finally use their brain like Reno said?

The children presumably led them to the statue. Given that Jenova's head wasn't actually there, though, they probably weren't thinking too hard even if acting independent of the children.

Quote Originally Posted by FaTaLfURy
    I'd like to add my own perceptions...

1. I think the answer's in Kadaj's speech before he made the children drink the water. You know how easy it is to manipulate children with words... and I'm too lazy to post Kadaj's exact words. ^_^

That's all, I hope that kinda helped. Ja ne! ^_^
    his exact words were

kadaj: mother has given me a very special gift the power to fight... against a planet that torments humanity she gave this gift to all her children. that's right. you and i are brethren.brothers and sisters chosen when we inherited mothers memetic legacy through the lifestream but the planet doesnt aprove of that at allit's doing everythig it can to hold us back thats why it's racking our bodies with pain and filling our hearts with doubt now i shall heal you and we will go to mother together we will join as a family and strike back at the planet!!!
    turk power!!!

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

some sort of manipulating and mind control. what he did to it was some sort of magic. notice how anyone who drinks it has their eyes changed so their like kadaj,yazoo and loz.

some sort of threat. probably to try and get jenovas remains back.

their not. their energy in the lifestream lives on but i think the game describes it better than i can.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Dude, wtf? The topic was answered a month ago.

1: He peed in it.
    2: 'Coz they felt like it, and how else would that fight scene be there?
    3: I'm confused there. In another thread someone suggested that Cetra can bring themselves (and others) back into the physical world whenever they feel like it. But, quoting Aeris's last words in ff7;" I'll come back when it's all over", it might mean she just wanted to see him in the flesh one more time before she went back into the Lifestream with Zack, but she wasn't ready to come back fully yet. Or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    Quin is wrong and LALA is right.