Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running FFVII on Windows XP

my friend lost one on ebay a while back but cant find it again

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsal
    ok I got the tool went into System Database --> Applications and clicked on Final Fantasy VII

For some reason the Fix button is not highlighted, I tried clicking all the files and the fix did not light up. There are actual items on the list that say there are 2 fixes, but im not sure how to initiate them.

When I click run on ff7.exe the game boots up and the video starts to play but it is super slow and very choppy, it took over 2 min for the first logo to show up, and it also seemed like I was zoomed in so I could only see 1/4 of the logo.

It doesnt look like I applied the fix to the program, am I missing something?
    make sure you removed all traces of the program when u uninstalled, maybe traces of your old, wrong patches are interfering, and don't forget to tinker with the config program as well, the "zooming in" could be the rendering method you have chosen.

the fact that you can get it loaded and see the logo proves were getting there

*Divide By Cucumber Error - Please Re-install Universe And Reboot*
    What is the Animal in You?
    I'm a Fox: http://www.animalinyou.com/Fox.htm

I tried this last night..

I uninstalled, deleted the entire directory, re-installed..

Then I tried the compadibility tool, there is only one rendering mode possible, so there isnt any tinkering I can really do. All I have is the three different resolution modes, and the only one that shows the 1/4 screen logo is the first one. The other two resolutions play music but just display a black screen. I then tried the 1.4 patch and nothing changes...

At this point im about to throw it out the window, its very aggrivating trying to get something working for hours without luck.

I really do appreciate everyones help, but I think its just not going to work.

I hear the Final Fantasy VII Ultima Edition doesn't have any problems.

I bough Final Fantasy VII for computer six years ago and haven't been able to get it to work on XP so I just gave up.

Im having problems too. Everything works fine, the beginning animation works...but when it gets to the main screen that says "New Game or Continue" the hand is pointing at the continue button but it freezes and I cant do anything? The Windows XP patch on the main page of this site says "sorry but this installation program cannot install on the Windows NT 5.2 Service Pack 1 Platform".

HELP

Edit: haha, nobody told me FFVII uses the numpad as the controls. I finally started hitting random keys on the keyboad and the hand moved up to "new game". Sweet, now I can finally play. Hopefully it doesnt crash at the chocobo races.

Still having problems with any XP patch Ive tried so far. I get the same error message as above.
    Last edited by Guernica; 05-07-2006 at 08:31 PM.

Hmm, I really don't know. The Ultima Edition does work, but it means downloading 2 CD images off the net (I think).

haha that could be it. I have the original game that was released, not the Ultima version.

I need to get my hands on that. IF anyone has a good price or whatever please PM me.

No no no, the Ultima edition is like a fan-edited version that runs from 2 discs (using compression) and is more compatible with XP.

It's for download I believe, don't know the site. Google it.

I have the Ultima edition and I must say, it runs just fine. I'm actually able to play FFVII on my PC with Windows XP without it crashing.

I haven't really played thought, because I can't get ff7music to work. I don't like the Midis, so I'm trying to use the music from the FFVII OST. Everytime I try, the game wont run. It's really weird...

kevinsal - If you still need it and can't find it then let me know. I can hook you up.

ok I was able to get a copy of Ultima Edition...

Unfortunately the same thing happens.. The movie starts playing slowly and it takes 2 min for the movie to play.

the compatibility tool doesn't apply the patch again it doesnt see the recognize its installed.

PATH

C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII

Don't know if this will make any difference but, I know the game has all sorts of issue if your video card is set to either force AF or AA settings. FFVII doesn't like either of those settings and you will get all sorts of graphics issues with them turned on. Make sure you set those to application preference before trying to run FFVII.

Perhaps you can try to use the true-motion filter patch found here http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/final...l?mode=patches

Also, maybe you could try unchecking the NVIDIA checkbox in your settings, even though your card is an NVIDIA one.

Use the FF7-Universe Patch Pack here http://www.ff7-universe.com/Download...Patch_Pack.zip

There is also more info here: http://www.ntcompatible.com/Final_Fantasy_VII_c522.html

Don't use the FF7 Windows XP Patch 1.4 floating on the net as I heard that replaces system files.
    Last edited by Master Katarn; 05-11-2006 at 09:02 PM.