Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dawn of Souls - How is it?

You could ignore high potions, eithers, all those other items, Don't level up very ofen, and only save at inns to simulate the difficulty. Besides Shinryu and Omega will probably send you straight to hell. I can hardly remember how many times I had to go through those 20 floors. Also, they did ramp up everything's HP.

I Liked It But I Didn't Get The Chance To Beat Final fantasy I because My Friend Stole it

Some friend >_>

You should ask for it back. If not, beat him up

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

LoL,he's Alittle On The Heavy Side And Has A Bad Temper,,,Thats Why I Dont Ask For It Back.......haha....I Think He Needed The Money,I Can't zblame Him For Needing The Money,For The Love of God,He Works At Mc.Donalds..LoL...But I can Blame Him For Steeling it.

I have a problem with DoS and Origins. I can not beat those games, I can beat every other FF game but those two. I dont know why but they are extemely hard and I have been trying to beat them ever since I first started playing FF games which was when I was like.....5. LOL...
    Soon I will have a link to my book called: The Sword of Darkness: Book 1 of the Shadow of the Night Trilogy. Thank You for being patient.:mog:

dude they're pretty easy once you get started off.... Ask me if you need any help , with DoS anyway..... I'm almost at max lvl for everybody and going back to get revenge on shinryu

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Garland pretty much put it there for me, though I will say that the (confusing) time loop ending is still timeless.

It's great to play when you have nothing else to do, and for nostalgia. Play for the secret bosses of FFIII-VI in the four bonus dungeons, but don't play it for challenge, oh dear no. Still, it's nice for a new school person to play FFI, if they can't seem to pay fifteen dollars for a copy of Origins...

I beat FFIDoS in a day, so no, you won't play it for the challenge.

Holy ****ing crap....a day!!!!
    Soon I will have a link to my book called: The Sword of Darkness: Book 1 of the Shadow of the Night Trilogy. Thank You for being patient.:mog:

dude i did in a day and a half...... Its a really easy game thats fun once you pick it up

a day is a unholy sin against god himself I played DoS for a while before playing the NES one followed by origins after I bought it and it works like this
    DoS=
    Pros=its fun not tedius and you will probably never get pissed off and throw your controler,faster levels,and the new dungeouns are nice
    Cons=Every pro is a con minus the dungouns depending on your tastes

Original=
    Pros=classic,the feeling of accomplishment when you finish a dungoun or certain battles,and the diffuculty
    Cons=pretty much like DoS all the pros can be cons depending on your tastes

People complain that FF1 and 2 on the gba are way too easy: Monsters drop items, mb system, hp goes to 999 (or was it 9999?) etc. Didn't you guys notice that these kind of things are also on FF7-X and nobody ever complained? The gba version were ment for the people who liked the newer FF games and want to try the older games. That's what I think atleast.

FF1 is pretty easy, but the extra dungeons (4 of them) are alot harder.
    Also FF2 is harder then FF1 and after you finish FF2, you get and extra story from the characters who have died in the game in the dead world. And this mode is also very hard.

After you finish the games, you also get a music player to listen to all the music that you have heard in the game. And you can always view a monster bestiary if you like.

I think that you should go for the gba version, since they are 2 games in 1 and you can take them on the go.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

one thing i have noticed is that the people at the top of the list of characters on the battle screen have a higher HP growth and the one at the bottom has a slower HP growth im quite sure. if you play a game with 4 fighters im sure you will notice they have very different health stat. im quite sure this is correct for the DoS.

as for what rpgN saida bout FF7,8,9,10 and 10-2. there is nearly always a way to abuse RPGs to make things easy. on FF7 there is KoTR and omnislash which is why people say safer sephiorth is an easy boss. he isnt so easy when you dont have either but some people have never tried to beat him without them. in FF8, its easy once you know how to junction and refine. you can get 100 megalixirs from the bahamut card. im not sure about FF9 but there are loads of abilities thats do an instant 9999 damage. in FFX you can spend hours leveling up like mad and completing the sphere grid. the only thing thats different about FF1 DoS is that its easy nearly no matter what you do. you dont have to abuse it to make it easy.
    Last edited by boys from the dwarf; 08-15-2006 at 07:32 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

My favorite version is Origins. DoS is as everyone has already stated, ridiculously easy. On the NES and Origins i think the Black Mages misses at least half the time whereas with DoS he's hitting around 90-95% of the time. Both my thief and fighter were getting 2-hits from the start and by level 5 they were doing 3-hits.

The music in DoS is pretty much the same as in Origins, but let flashy in order to get it to run on the GBA hardware. The nice thing about Origins is that you can choose to play Hard Mode, which makes the gameplay closer to the original NES (things are more expensive and your magic level max out at 9).

Graphics-wise Origins and DoS are very similar, though I do think the characters in DoS are a bit squished relative to their Origins counterparts.

That's my take on it. DoS is nice if you are always on the go, but I much prefer Origins.

Origins will actually allow you to fully readjust the difficulty so that it's just as hard as the NES version; play on Normal Mode and turn off all the little things like redirection of attacks when your target dies and so on.

DoS is, as everyone else is saying, too darn easy, but that in itself adds fun to it so you can try some more new parties out as you complete the game quicker and think "Right, so that was two white mages and two black mages... next, four thieves. Uh oh..."

Has anyone else cottoned on to the fact that the reason you can save everywhere in DoS is because it's on a battery-operated console?

Quote Originally Posted by Psi View Post
    Has anyone else cottoned on to the fact that the reason you can save everywhere in DoS is because it's on a battery-operated console?
    yeah, that seemed obvious to me. that, and because it's intended for when you're on the go, you might have to put it away suddenly. it's maybe done better in FF4 advance, where you can save any time. but when you reload your "quick save", it will be deleted, meaning you can't dive into a dungeon head first knowing you have a restart point.