Thread: Suddenly my team sucks... what the?

Default Suddenly my team sucks... what the?

Well I'm near the end of the game by the looks of things, just got Xcalibur, my team (3x Knight and a Red Wizard) are all Level 24 and 25, last night I was unstoppable, trekking through the Sky Fortress and owning every random encounter the place had to offer (didn't see Warmech unfortunately).

This morning, I fire up my PS2 to finish off the game, and suddenly my characters suck. Despite being Level 24 and 25 and having weapons with high accuracy, at least 50% of my physical attacks miss all of a sudden. And oddly, it doesn't even say "Miss" when I swipe my swords, it just swipes and doesn't do any damage or say anything. Is this something in the game? Or does it sound like my PS is playing up? I've tried a whole manner of things to fix it... soft reset, hard reset, unplugging, loading another game, loading a DVD, changing my equipment in the game, nothing seems to work.

How am I supposed to complete the game when 2-3 out of every 4 turns completely misses? (Without even saying "Miss".)

Anybody else experienced this?

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Try checking your Config. If Auto-Aim has been disabled, enable it. In the original version of the game, if you chose to target an enemy that died before you could attack it, your character would swing at nothing and waste a turn that way. It's called the Ineffective feature, and it can be toggled on and off in FF Origins.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Blog Entries

That'd be funny. If you were playing with auto-targeting, and then accidentally turned it off. HAHA!

But if your game is screwed up, then that's really bad. I hope Sephiroth1999AD is right.