Thread: How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria?

Default How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/4957478.stm

This is mostly to all the UK'ers around and anyone who is interested in Musicals.

What do you think of the idea of casting parts for stage performances in musicals, with the use of reality tv?

Do you agree with it? Do you feel it gives more people the opportunity to become what they want to be without struggling to get there?

I was also wanting to see if there was anyone on the forum who have actually auditioned for this show in one of the previous citys, such as Belfast / Cardiff. I'm actually auditioning this Thursday & Friday, as performing in the Musical Theatre is my dream career. Any advice from those who have auditioned and again your idea's on it.

My thoughts are: when a normal Musical is cast, it's always usually famous people or people who have gone through proper professional training in high-class university's or colleges. Not everyone can afford that sort of training. Which is why I think this is quite a good idea. Not everyone can sing/perform, which is the whole point of eliminating people etc. So it's not like the winner would be the worst person ever.

It's a great opportunity for everyone to grab. Whether they get through or not it's experience, and experience looks good to people.

So, any thoughts?
    Last edited by Lenna; 05-03-2006 at 02:37 AM.
    I'll figure it out later...

Whilst it allows people with no fame to rise to the top, I inately disagree with them. Reality tv grinds across my mind. By the way, good luck Lenna!
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"