Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't anyone give this game credit??

Quote Originally Posted by ZidaneAndGarnet
    Zidane: It's a tail...this is the greatest game in the world, bar none. Thank you!
    While I disagree with that its the greatest final fantasy ever.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
    Still, anyone who doesn't like this game shouldn't ever call themselves an FF fan.
    Amen.

Blog Entries

I've always considered FFIX my favourite. I love every little thing about it, and I don't really care what people have to say about it.

According to Wilpedia FFVII sold something like 8 million copies and FFVIII roughly 7 million. Whereas FFIX only sold 5 million which I think didnt do the game justice. I think it may have been because of the slightly cartoonish characters.

5 Million x 50$ = 250,000,000 dollars :O Sounds good enough to me >_< Not that every copy is sold for 50 dollars I know.

Yeah IX is severely less popular then it's two playstation predecessors, but it's not like it bombed either like a certain Final Fantasy movie.

The director of IX is a cinematic cutscene director for XII I think ^.^

I love VIII and VII and IX all equally though... No need to go hatin' now >_>;

Quote Originally Posted by Cless
    FF9 doesn't get the credit it deserves because the protagonist quite clearly has a huge wang hanging out of his arse.

Good game though.
    A completely uncalled for comment. Not in any way does his tail look like a 'wang.'

Quote Originally Posted by Slim
    FF9 doesn't get the credit it deserves because the protagonist quite clearly has a huge wang hanging out of his arse.

Good game though.
    A completely uncalled for comment. Not in any way does his tail look like a 'wang.'
    Zidane: I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraAngel623
    Seriously, this is my FAV ff game...and no one gives it credit! I like it a bit better thatn 7 even, and whta do you see? They are making all these sequals to 7? I think they should give this great game more credit and a sequel with more Beatrix! (And Steiner as the cherry on top!)

I mean even a cruddy game like 8 gets more acclaim, and that is SAD!
    well, I think they're going to make 7 FFVIIs. But I'm not sure about a sequal to 9. Maybe a film wqould do.

What I use in an areguement is, "FFVII was so porely designed the only kind thing was to do it all again" no offense to any 7 fans

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Fan
    What I use in an areguement is, "FFVII was so porely designed the only kind thing was to do it all again" no offense to any 7 fans
    No offense taken, however, consider the timeframe in which it was built. Never mind the fact that it was released in 1997, note that it must have been in production for years beforehand.

1) Tetra Master
    i usually hate mini-games, but as long as i can win and win some more, then i'll be happy.

2) Chocobo
    sure, it's a lot of work, but worth it. if i could do the same thing in MMO, why should i need an airship pass ?

3) Music
    if Final Fantasy VIII is first, then this is second...

Not even the newest ff games can come close to being as awsome as 9.

Oh come on, lighten up people! My comment was clearly tongue in cheek. In no way was it intended as a thinly veiled insult towards FF9, nor do I believe that Zidane's tail resembles a phallus. I apologise if my sarcasm didn't come through. I do believe, however, that the tail, and the chibi graphical style in general, did perhaps make some gamers take this game less seriously, and wrongly so.

FF9 is one of my favourite FF's. I practically cried tears of joy at the ending!
    Casteal is my little sister!

Beatrix rocked, and I do think this was the best game of the series, also with the best music!

Seriously, this is my FAV ff game...and no one gives it credit! I like it a bit better thatn 7 even, and whta do you see? They are making all these sequals to 7? I think they should give this great game more credit and a sequel with more Beatrix! (And Steiner as the cherry on top!)

I mean even a cruddy game like 8 gets more acclaim, and that is SAD!
    Yes it may be your fav, but it isnt everyones. I guess a reason it doesnt get credit is because of its style and characters. FF7 & 8 stood up and made people take notice of the series, when 9 appeared, maybe because it didnt have the sci fi theme of the last 2 games it was shunned? I dont know. IMO its the worst and I love 8 mainly because it was the first FF I experinced.

Oh come on, lighten up people! My comment was clearly tongue in cheek. In no way was it intended as a thinly veiled insult towards FF9, nor do I believe that Zidane's tail resembles a phallus. I apologise if my sarcasm didn't come through. I do believe, however, that the tail, and the chibi graphical style in general, did perhaps make some gamers take this game less seriously, and wrongly so.

FF9 is one of my favourite FF's. I practically cried tears of joy at the ending!
    Okay, I will apologize for my aggressive reply. I thought you were being serious. IX kicks the 'crap' out of VIII. VIII sucked monkey ballsack. (Not Zidanes, an actual monkey. Like chimp and everything.)

[leeza]Slim, please try to use some language that is less on the crude side. ~ Leeza[/leeza]