Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't anyone give this game credit??

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraAngel623
    And besides if you ask me, FFIX is much better than VIII in every way.
    I agree except on one point, VIII's main Female was much sexier than IX's.

I think Dagger looks better than... whoever that girl is in FFVIII( Forgot her name)

Rinoa, though yes, I do like Dagger.

Oh yeah I remember Rinoa, she wasn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraAngel623
    Seriously, this is my FAV ff game...and no one gives it credit! I like it a bit better thatn 7 even, and whta do you see? They are making all these sequals to 7? I think they should give this great game more credit and a sequel with more Beatrix! (And Steiner as the cherry on top!)

I mean even a cruddy game like 8 gets more acclaim, and that is SAD!
    It took me a while to decide whether to join this forum or not. For a FF9 fan like myself, I thought this was a gold mine because asking around I found many so called FF fans thinking FF7 was better.
    I stuck to what I believed because I thought FF9 had the storyline going for it and the character design was great. Body proportion is a poor factor to be used to determine how good a game is or not, especially in FF9.

Put it simply, bad timing, bad sale methods on Square Enix's part, and others you can find in Wikipedia on FF9 explain why FF9 as a game had its great potential wasted. One reason mentioned in there which I found ridiculous was because Zidane's cheerful character was a break from the moodiness of the main characters of FF7 and FF8. I think that is crap because Zidane's personality reminds us that those who look on the bright side of things go a long way. In his case, he got Queen Garnet's heart at the end. Could a guy ask for more?

Or how about where the new generation of players not exposed to the first few FF games thought the modern style of FF7 and 8 were the way to go. So when FF9 came out, its medieval feel disappointed them. Talk about suffering from 'closed mind' disease.

If there was a movie to be made of FF9, it needs to be done carefully to reclaim what was lost. Though I doubt it. I was so impressed by the gripping storyline I have tried doing a fanfic about it as well, but I doubt it will see the light of day.

Oh yeah and I always believed that General Beatrix is the most beautiful female character of any console game ever. I first saw her in two FMVs using music from U2: Elevation and Tal Bachman's: She's So High where she opens the door for Garnet, and she just blew me away.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker
    Rinoa, though yes, I do like Dagger.

Ooh yeah I did prefer Rinoa. Though I guess she, and the other FF8 characters, looked more human than the old-school cartooniness of FF9.

Still, if they were real, I wouldn't say no to either

The hands of the FF9 characters, agreeably, were a little too big, so I guess its up to the Doujinshis to set them right.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Raven
    The hands of the FF9 characters, agreeably, were a little too big, so I guess its up to the Doujinshis to set them right.
    I kinda thought that too. But if they remake it for the PS2/3 then they'll notice that mistake and make the game look a whole lot better! Graphic and Sound wise.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Can't really get much better with music though...and voice-overs, I reckon, would ruin the game. *thinks of FF10, shudders*

I love Garnet. She's my second favorite FF female after Rinoa. I love them both so much.

Um....maybe it's just me, but I found the music in FFIX to be the weakest in the series (next to FFV). Only a handful of tunes are truly memorable. In my opinion, it doesn't come close to the music of VI or VII.

And Tetra Master is.....really annoying. I prefer the simplistic Triple Triad over Tetra MAster, which seems to have no real logic to it. More powerful cards losing to piss poor weak ones for no reason? Exactly how does that work? Thanks, Square.

Those are really my only problems with the game, though. This is my favorite entry in the series. The story is amazing, and it hooked me like no other had (well, FFX came awfully close).

I prefered Tetra Master in 9 to it in FF8, although Ive been ripped at by people saying they are the same game. OK! Ive just had more wins in Tetra Master then the card game for 8! Thats all.

Use the LunarStrategy to win at Tetra Master:

1)Get some cards
    2)Randomly place cards everywhere
    3)Win the game

Works everytime for me *smokes pipe of wisdom*
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 05-06-2006 at 07:28 PM.

I seriously love Final Fantasy IX.

I even remember the first day I got it; I even thought Zidane was a girl and changed his name to a girl's name. It wasn't till Dali that I realised that he was a boy and I restarted the game. XD

Good times...
    "Vivi pwns your ass."