Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: Why doesn't anyone give this game credit??

If you make a thread about why nobody gives credit to FFIX in an FFIX forum then your obviously going to get comments like "I love this game its the best!" It was a good game I'll give it that but I'm unsure if it was the best FF.

The cutscenes in this FF were much less moving than in the other Final Fantasies. FFX had some great parts, for instance, the ending, in macalania forest, and at Yuna's wedding. FF8 also had some touching moments where Squall rescues Rinoa, or when they are on the Ragnarok, or when Edea throws the snowball at Squall. FFIX had a few decent cutscenes but the game in general lacked some moving parts.

Also the sidequests were worse than other FF's. The card game was annoying, even if your card had higher stats your opponents card can flip it? The FF8 card game is much more straightforward (aside from the regional rules part). And the chocobo mini-games in this version were all luck and grinding. Just hitting buttons and trying to find treasure in the same forest for hours straight and then going and finding chocographs. The breeding and raising and racing system in FFVII was much better.

Also the way characters learn abilities was kind of annoying. You might have to equip weak armor/weapon in order to learn an ability if you missed it and this would make it difficult to win battles and gain AP.

By all means, this is a great game. But VII, VIII, and X are all better imho. At least we can all agree that X-2 is still the worst game :P.

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Namelessfengir View Post
    question: why doesn't anyone give this game credit??
    answer: because nobody gives a rats ass about it!!!!
    Most everyone on this thread loves FF9. I believe this contradicts your statement that "nobody" cares about the game.

You just got LOGICED!!!

Special thanks to dark_lord for the sig!

^I think its called rounding down to the nearest % of the people in the world. Therefore 0% of people in the world give this credit. XD.

The cutscenes in this FF were much less moving than in the other Final Fantasies. FFX had some great parts, for instance, the ending, in macalania forest, and at Yuna's wedding. FF8 also had some touching moments where Squall rescues Rinoa, or when they are on the Ragnarok, or when Edea throws the snowball at Squall. FFIX had a few decent cutscenes but the game in general lacked some moving parts.
    Thats ridiculous. What about the ending, the dialogue is all brilliant. What about when Alexandria is getting destroyed and then Alexander come? What about Kuja!?

Look at this scene. It creates an atmosphere IMO that no other FF Ive played creates. And its by no means my favourite.

YouTube - Final Fantasy IX FMV - 1-18 Kuja

Also the sidequests were worse than other FF's. The card game was annoying, even if your card had higher stats your opponents card can flip it? The FF8 card game is much more straightforward (aside from the regional rules part). And the chocobo mini-games in this version were all luck and grinding. Just hitting buttons and trying to find treasure in the same forest for hours straight and then going and finding chocographs. The breeding and raising and racing system in FFVII was much better.
    FFVII and FFIX have the best chocobo side quests IMO. Tetra Master is simple and addictive. You need less than half a brain to play it (although its hard to understand it fully). The flying chocobo is awesome.

Also the way characters learn abilities was kind of annoying. You might have to equip weak armor/weapon in order to learn an ability if you missed it and this would make it difficult to win battles and gain AP.
    Uggh, better than hours of drawing magic in FFVIII.

At least we can all agree that X-2 is still the worst game :P.
    Thats a given.

Quote Originally Posted by *~Dagger Trepe~* View Post
    That was a while ago. I love FFVIII now, as you can see by my username.
    Glad you came over to the Light side, young padawan.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Don't post in threads which have been dead for a year. It just aint cool.