Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Around The World In 80 Posts.

Germany, oh man. Nice people, crap place (sorry Germans). Only saw Berlin really, and a few good statues. Since I spend most of one day inside a nuclear bunker, guess how much i liked it.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

New York City-It's a big city. I've seen the musicals Wicked and Hairspray there. Anything short of excellent would not describe how much I loved being down there.

Rhode Island (Narragansett)-This is by far the best beach-going place I've ever been to. Body boarding is good for here. The beach is wonderful...well, except for getting sunburnt.

Sadly, I have not been able to leave the USA. I have been to some different states though. When I was really little I went to Hawaii and Massachusetts, but I was too little to be able to remember now. T_T I've also been to Georgia, it was alright. Nothing special really.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Canada! Cold in the winter.
    United States, Florida! Sunny and warm, it was nice there.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

I've never wanted to go abroad. A friend of mine wants me to go to Bulgaria with her though.

AMERICA: I went to New york city. I've been everywhere.

I have never been to any other countries.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by RPJesus
    These people who think Glasgow is so interesting. Becuase they're foreign, and they've neevr seen it before. I just don't think of it as a holiday... place. It's good, but... it's Glasgow. It's over there. Oh, look, there it is now! Quick, before you miss it! Get the net! Quick, before it escapes!
    Glasgow isnt that great.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

India and Nepal was quite the experience. Calcutta was horrible, to be honest. There was rubbish everywhere, people pooped in the streets, there were sick and homeless people who couldn't get any help or care, like families of children where the eldest looking after them was about 8 or 9. It wasn't really very pleasant. Nepal was a lot better. The people were awesome, the country was beautiful, I was with a lot of my family that i'd never met before, and best of all it was a spring festival for a week which is celebrated by getting lots of dye and putting it in waterbombs and pelting the crap out of each other until you're all sorts of ghetto colours. That was mad fun times. I went to Canada once, lovely country, at least what I saw of it. The people there were awesome, too. Had a lot of fun that holiday. I've been to Lanzarote a couple of times, but I don't remember much 'cause I was all inclusive and quite pissed the whole time. Edinburgh is a nice enough city I guess. Not really a fan of cities, though.

Thumbs up This is a great thread idea.

Let's see here - I've not been to very many countries, but the ones I've been to I've thoroughly explored, with the exception of Canada and France, so yeah.

USA - I live here. I've lived just about everywhere here. I was born near D.C., I moved two years later to Idaho, two years later to Atlanta, Georgia (hopped around in suburbia there), moved to Davis in Northern California, then San Diego in Southern California. My parents then moved to Houston, Texas and I go to school in SoCal still. California is easily my favorite state, although I go back and forth on which part I like more (usually the part I'm living in at the time).

I've taken a lot of road trips as well (in fact, I have one more to announce - separately). I've traveled the entire California West Coast, and I've visited Seattle as well (still need to do Oregon). I've also traveled across the Southwest, seeing the Grand Canyon and the chain-link Mexican border. I also did some traveling when I was young in the Southeast - hopped borders to Tennessee to buy fireworks illegal in Georgia, and visited some caves in Virginia. Also visited Bar Harbor, Maine, which rocked, and Glacier National Park in Montana (that's the northwest US). The States are a lot of fun - there is so much to do there. Being away from the USA has made me appreciate it a bit more.

India - I've visited three times with every intention of returning. Mostly I visit my family in Gujarat state, but I've also seen some amazing temples in Gandhinagar and Surat, as well as Fathepur Sikri and the Taj Mahal in the Agra area. I've been to Delhi and Mumbai as well, but never really experienced city life as I was with do-gooder family members. Walking around Amdavad (or Ahmedabad) and Vadodara (Baroda) is always an eye-opening experience. Part of my family is well off, and part of my family is still quite poor. Being Indian, I can see India as it is, not as it appears to be for Western tourists. That, and I get Indian discounts on stuff.

New Zealand - Where I'm currently studying now. I'll be here for four and a half months. I've been to just about every city now, and done a lot of cool one-day hikes and stuff. While there are some pretty majestic sights to behold, the only two distinctive features of New Zealand are Fjordland (I refuse to spell it Fiordland, stupid stupid Brits) and the fact that you'll get a great view no matter what major highway you drive on. The third distinctive feature is that there is an acute lack of work ethic among its population, and I find it difficult to motivate myself back into my goal-oriented mindset.

Australia - I visited Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Surfer's Paradise, Byron Bay, Nimbin, and Sydney. The only good part of Sydney was the Opera House, which is stunning. The rest of Sydney is just like any other urban city - the same multicultural and globalized culture, which I tire of after living in Auckland. Brisbane was cool, but it's cooler because it's near so much neat stuff. Byron Bay was really pleasant but expensive. Nimbin was the best.

Canada - All I've visited is Vancouver, during the winter time, for 5 days. It was a pretty sweet city, but five days was enough. The first night was magical because it was the first time my friends and I could legally drink and we just went to town and had a blast. It was cold, but not too bad.

Switzerland - I visited this country for a week while my mother was giving a lecture at an international conference in Bern. We saw Zurich, Bern, Geneva, and Gruyères. It was a pretty sweet place - I really enjoyed Bern and Geneva. Really idyllic, peaceful places. I would have liked to spend more time actually in the Alps, but I was young, so of course my mom didn't let me.

France - I visited this around the same time as Switzerland. All I saw was Paris, and while it was cool to say I visited Paris, the people weren't that friendly or helpful and it was during the World Cup, so it was kinda raucous. I was fairly young too and trying to practice my French to get by.

I haven't really visited any other countries, other than stopovers in their airports, which doesn't count.
    Last edited by -N-; 12-05-2009 at 11:42 PM.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I went to Tennesse before, and Tybee Island, Georgia.

Signature by rubah. I think.

England - I live here...so...yes...lots of things.

Holland - Went here on a hockey tour when I was 13. Mad fun...we lost a lot of games.

France - Used to go here loads on holiday when I was a nipper. Want to go across again to stock up on nice French food and visit friends.

Spain - Went here for a Spanish Exchange. Played Harry Potter 1 for a whole week and was ill. My exchange collected pens and didn't go out much. Still, on the visits I went on with the school it seemed amazing. Want to go back.

Italy - Been here twice, love it. The food is great. Second time I went was wild....went to Sorrento in the middle of their Mardi Gras with my school. Didn't realise its custom to throw eggs, flour etc at people there...we beign English were prime targets. Not understanding that it was all in good humour we responded in a typical English person abroad manner and attacked them. Oh the fun. Can you picture a group of 50 girls, plus teachers (I went to an all girls school) chasing after Italians and attempting to beat the living crunchie out of them? Heh, it was good. You can take the girl out of england......

Hong Kong - Been there Three times now...want to return. I love it there, feels like a second home. My boyfriends family lives out there..best memories are sitting the top deck of a junk in the ocean listening to Sublime. Or floating in a life-ring in the (shark infested) ocean with a can of Fanta Soda...or maybe wandering up a mountain in Lantau Island and climbing up a stream and bathing in the rock pools? Too many to mention.

Thailand - Wild wild place...only went to Bangkok for a week...the red light district is great. Full of prostitutes, sleaze and ladyboys. Plus many cheap gay bars. Took a bit of getting used to at first and I'm sure we (me and boyfriend) stuck out, wandering aruond eyes and mouths wide open. Still, by the end we had a blast. Also getting conned out of 100baht (£1.20) was fun...mad tuk tuk ride around the city. Essential Thai experience. Also having a random Aussie bloke buy us a proper meal...he was funny.

Belgium - I've only visited the war graves at Yrpes there....very very solemn. You can never support war after seeing all those un-named graves.

America - I've only been to New York but I really liked it...big city, so similar to the UK yet so different. LOved getting up and going out and buying breakfast....no-one does that in the UK. Galleries were amazing too. Yay culture.

I want to go to Austrailia, more USA, Peru, New Zealand, Scotland and Bhutan next.

I give you stick-pokies!
    Livejournal~Elfwood Gallery~

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I went to South Korea when I was younger. It seems personal space (arms length away! arms length awaaay!) doesn't exist in Korea. And I ate dip-n-dots for the first time at an indoor amusement park called Lotte World.

I'm jealous of you people who've traveled so much.

USA - Well I live here in Ohio. Yeah. Well at least Arizona and California are cool states to be.

Canada - Went to Niagra Falls. Didn't really experience Canada, it just seemed like more of the United States.

Mexico - Don't remember much of Mexico except I went to a beach. Oh and it was hot.

I really really really want to go to Japan. If I can't go there, I'll settle for a trip to Western Europe instead.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Living in England, I've seen quite a bit of it. Some of the cathedrals we have are amazing works of architecture, and if you only come here for one reason make it to see some of them.

I've lived quite a bit in Northern Ireland as well, pretty much every school holiday until I was 17 in fact. Mostly in Newtowards, which is a nice little town if mostly quiet. Millisle is a tiny seaside village, which was in decline last I visited, but there is a pub there which makes the best chips, beans, eggs, and sausages I have ever eaten. Also a nice ice cream place, and there were a couple of amusement rides and an arcade before those closed down. I think there are still a couple of arcades, though. And there's the beach itself, which isn't too unpleasant. Belfast is a wonderful city, I love the place, despite all the troubles over the last decades. There's just something vibrant about it, to me, it feels the way a city should feel. I've visited many places in the North and quite a few in the South, though those were when I was younger so I don't remember very well. There was a beautiful waterfall near Sligo, though.

I've been to Scotland three or four times, though it was always when I was very young and thus I remember very little. There was a place with an amazing view, but it was all the more amazing because of the mist, which obscured pretty much the perfect amount to strike a balance between view and mystery.

I've visited Wales on several occasions, and Newtown has an absolutely brilliant little gaming store. Mostly videogames, but they have a few CCG things and collectable figurines and the like, too. The only place in the UK I've seen the Gameboy Final Fantasy games. Anyway, I was always there with my grandma visiting my uncle, but he was hardly ever there because he's so busy, which meant I mostly played videogames. Nice place, though, friendly and just about big enough to have stuff.

The USA is possibly my favourite country on Earth. At least it is of those I've been to so far. It's just... lovely there. I love it. I've always suburby places near St. Louis, so I don't have a view of much of the place, but the places I have been I mostly adore. I just like the way of life. Being able to just up and buy something from DQ and hang out at the park at 11pm, or the way driving somewhere 10 miles away ain't no thang, all of it. Well, no, there's stuff I dislike as well, but nothing deal-breaking.

I want to visit more of the US (The Southwest, especially.), China, and possibly St. Petersburg and/or Moscow.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    I went to South Korea when I was younger. It seems personal space (arms length away! arms length awaaay!) doesn't exist in Korea. And I ate dip-n-dots for the first time at an indoor amusement park called Lotte World.

I'm jealous of you people who've traveled so much.
    Yeah, you should go to the moon, it's crazy there.

The world's boring.