Thread: Chain of Memories Ending (spoilers?)

official beerpong champ Stayin Dizzy's Avatar

Default Chain of Memories Ending (spoilers?)

Will someone explain the ending to me please? I beat Marluxia or whatever and my game freezes up every time. If anyone has the fmv, or even the dialog, or a quick explanation I'd be very appreciative

Ashy Larry-Marcy Projects-Marcy son WHAT!

asdfghjkl;'

Sora's...thanx! That was the shortest ending to any game ever!!!! How weak. there must be more before that fmv...or a whole lot of text. What happens to the toy Rikku? What happens to the organization? Wheres King Mickey? How do they get thier memories back? How do they escape castle oblivion?

Theres just too much left unanswered

After defeating Marluxia, before the FMV....

Sora runs to the previous room, and uses his keyblade to lock the door. Naminé and Replica Riku walk into the screen.

Sora: Are you okay, Riku?

Replica Riku: I'm not Riku. I'm fake. I can't remember when I was created, or why...
    *sad face* All I've got left is you and Naminé. But those memories aren't real...

Goofy: Naminé, can't you put Riku's memory back to normal?

Naminé: *sad face* It...It doesn't work that way.

Replica Riku: *turns around, sad face* It's alright. Don't worry about me. *walks away*

Sora: Wait! *runs to Replica Riku, who pauses* Who cares if someone made you? You have your own heart. *happy face* Those feelings and memories are yours and yours alone. They're special!

Replica Riku: *turns to Sora, sad face* Sora, you're a good person. I don't have to be real to see how real your feelings are. *somber face* That's good enough for me. *turns and walks away*

Sora: Riku! *pauses, sad face* Riku... *he returns to the others*

Donald: *to Naminé* Can you fix our memories?

Naminé: Yes. Just because you can't remember something doesn't mean it's gone.

Goofy: What do you mean?

Naminé: Remembering one thing leads to remembering another, and then another... You're memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together. *sad face* I don't destroy memories. I just take apart the links and rearrange them. *happy face* You still have all your memories.

Jiminy: So you can put them back together?

Naminé: *sad face* Yes, but first I have to undo the links I made. *normal face* Then I have to gather up the memories scattered in your hearts and reconnect them. It will take time, but I think it will work. *happy face* No, I'll MAKE it work. It's my turn to help you out.

Sora: *happy face* Alright. We're in your hands.

Jiminy: Hey... Wait just a second! You said you'd have to undo the links you made. But that means—

Naminé: *sad face* Yes, Jiminy. You won't be able to recall what happened in this castle.

Sora: *shocked* Not even you?

Naminé: *turns away, sad face* I'm sorry. It's the only way. *walks away a little, sad face* You have to choose, Sora. You can lose your memories of this castle and reclaim your old memories... ...or keep your memories here and give up the memories that you've lost.

Sora: *sad face* I have to choose?

Naminé: *sad face* Yes.

Sora: *pauses* Put me back the way I was.

Naminé: *turns toward the group, happy face* Okay, I understand. Who needs false memories, right? Especially when you have real memories of people who are really important to you. *sad face* Anyone would say the same.

Scene shifts to everyone walking into a room with a sleeping chamber.

Donald: We have to sleep in these to get out memories back?

Naminé: *happy face* You'll be fine. It might take a little time, but I'll take care of you.

Goofy: *sad face* But when we wake up, we won't remember you anymore...

Donald: *sad face* How are we going to thank you later?

Jiminy: *happy face* No problem, Donald! I'll make a note of it in my journal: "Thank Naminé."

Donald: Of course! Why didn't I think of that.

Goofy: Good night, Naminé.

Namine: *happy face* Good night. *Donald and Goofy walk off screen* You too, Sora.

Sora: Okay. *Jiminy jumps into Sora's pocket. Sora walks towards sleep chamber*

Naminé: *happy face* It may have started out as a lie, but I'm really glad I met you, Sora.

Sora: Yeah, me too. When I found you... Even when I remembered your name, I was so, so happy. *turns to Naminé, happy face* The way I felt was no lie.

Naminé: *happy face* Goodbye.

Sora: *happy face* No, not goodbye! I'll find you again after I wake up. And we'll be friends for real. Promise me, Naminé.

Naminé: *happy face* You'll only forget.

Sora: I won't. Even if you take apart the chain of memories in my heart, the links will stay there. *happy face* This memory will always be inside me somewhere.

Naminé: *happy face* I guess you're right. Let's promise then.

Sora: *happy face* I'll see you again, Namine. *walks to Naminé, they shake hands. He then jumps into his sleep chamber*

Naminé: Sora... The loose links will sink into the darkness in your heart. You won't be able to just reach in and pick the one you want. But there's another promise you made— —a promise to someone you could never replace. She's your light. The light within the darkness. If you can remember her... ...all the memories lost in the shadows of your heart will come into the light.

Sora: Another promise...

Naminé: Look at the good luck charm. I changed its shape when I changed your memory. *happy face* But when you thought of her, it went back to the way it was. You're remembering... *Sora pulls out his lucky charm*

Start FMV.

After FMV, credits and pictures from the game followed by cameos of the various sprites in the game are shown while the credits are rolling, all to the tune of Simple and Clean.

After the credits are over, there are shots of Sora sleeping in his chamber, and then a poem...

fading memories
    reconstructed memories
    and a dream—
    a dream of you
    in a world without you
    Last edited by SeeDRankLou; 05-08-2006 at 07:41 PM.

You totally rock and have made my day totally sweet. If theres ever anything I can help you with PM me and its yours!