Thread: FFVII For PSP

Default FFVII For PSP

I suggest that Square Enix should release FFVII for the PSP with no improvements. I think it would be top and is certainly do-able.

By the time square makes a new final fantasy, the psp would've already died.

Puppy Dog!

If they tried to put ff7 on the PSP it would require more than 3 UMD discs to put the same game on with no improvements or cutbacks, hence the game would break off at different parts of the story that wouldn't work as well for the game

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Storage space would be a problem. An UMD disc can't fit 3 CDs. They would have to reencode the movies with a better encoder. That's completely doable though, cause unlike the PS1, the PSP has the processing power do decode a (relatively) powerful encoding method. I'm sure FF7 would fit onto one, maybe two CDs with XviD or something. Keep in mind the PC version of FF8 had twice the resolution in movies, and still fit them on the same number of CDs as the PS1. Not counting the installation CD though, but you didn't have to install more than about 200 MB anyway.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Currently Playing: FFXIII Stunt's Avatar

Well, technically soon, it will be on the PSP. Because they are launching that new service were they allow PS1+PS2 games to be downloaded & played on your PSP (for a price). So you can download FFVII on the PSP & play it anytime you want.

STUNT

Looking at Wikipedia, a standard CD-ROM, ala FFVII, can hold 650 - 700 MB. A UMD disc can hold almost 2 GB. Apparantly, the FMVs were what took up most of the space anyway. So with better compression, they could probably fit it all onto 2 UMDs no prob.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I thought UMDs were 1.5 GB. Oh well. If it's 2 GB, then it will be no problem to fit it all on one UMD, you wouldn't even need to compress it. 3x650MB = 1950 MB. I'm pretty sure the CDs weren't filled up completely either.

Stunt: Have fun emptying your pockets buying a 2GB memory stick then :p. You can't write to UMDs yet.
    Last edited by Mirage; 05-05-2006 at 03:44 PM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

^ Good point. How in the world are they going to make downloading of such large games practical?

Quote Originally Posted by Amaru
    ^ Good point. How in the world are they going to make downloading of such large games practical?
    With todays internet speeds, 4 gigs and under isn't that big.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKolkster
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaru
    With todays internet speeds, 4 gigs and under isn't that big.
    It was more the actual saving of these games on the PSP that I'm concerned about.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator