Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Da Vinci Code material

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
    Hi, nobody is treating the Da Vinci Code as a new Bible. THere aren't followers of it. It is a work of fiction. It's not going to convert you to Vincism. It's a story. Catholics can read it. Anybody can read it. It is not Satan. It is a fairy tale.
    I thought for sure that there were people that did believe the Da Vinci Code material.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Rain
    Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    Someone here has obviously failed high school history.
    Hope that wasnt aimed at me. And is that what Americans call Religious Studies? History? History to us is a completely different subject, well in my Catholic school it was.
    It's the same way in the US. I think that was aimed more at Evastio.
    I was exaggerating slightly. In high school, I elected to do Extension History which was a lot more rigourous than normal textbook history. We had to gather sources as well as authenticate the validity of the author and whether what he wrote was worth taking to heart or not.

Strangely enough, this kind of history isn't really encourage in University, probably because most of the secondary sources we come across are much much more reliable and we take more of an "yeah, the historian is probably right here" kind of mentality.

My original point still stands, read all you can about the subject if you're truly interested in uncovering the truth.