Thread: Final Fantasy VII: Last Order-English?

Default Final Fantasy VII: Last Order-English?

I apologize if this is in the wrong section, as I figured this would be the most fitting place considering this is connected to AC. I don't want to classify this as spoilers, considering we see these things in the game, but I'll do it anyway.

(SPOILER)In case anyone didn't, when the Japanese DVD of AC came out, it came with the bonus one-shot anime titled FFVII: Last Order. It was a 25 minute anime that featured two past VII events: Cloud and Zack on the run from Shin-Ra and the crisis at Nibeheim when Sephiroth lashed out at the town with rage. To many fan's disappointment, Square did not release this with the English version and it wasn't even dubbed.

My question: is there a possibility this could eventually be released to the States dubbed? I thought it over and figured there could at least be a chance. Since they're dubbing, the only thing they will maily concern themselves with is voices for the characters. Looking at Last Order, quite a few characters in it are also voiced in AC. If they could hire these VAs to return for this anime, there would only be a few voices they would have to concern themselves with.

Possible Returns:
    Steve Burton as Cloud
    George Newbern as Sephiroth
    Rick Gomez as Zack
    Rachael Leigh Cook as Tifa
    Quinton Flynn as Reno
    Crispin Freeman as Rude
    Bettina Bush as Elena
    Ryan Yu as Tseng

Characters that need voices:
    Hojo
    Zangan
    Truck Driver
    Tifa's Father
    Various Turks (Most had one liners)
    Random Shin-Ra soldiers and townspeople

Ok, assuming the VAs for the top characters return, that would leave only the bottom few to cast. I keep up with a lot of voice acting news and their actors and actresses, and I can say with confidence most of these VAs would be happy to return. Naturally, they get paid and most have done other things with their character.

Still a big "IF" of course, as there can be a number of reasons why one wouldn't return, but I'd bet a majority would. A usual recording session can last anywhere from 5 hours to even a day depending upon the character (lines) and takes. Usually though, a 20 min episode of most anime can be done in a few days providing they work in this cycle. In
    this case, I'd wager LO wouldn't take much longer and could be ready to go in a few months.

Really, right now would have been a good time to releae it, as very much anything that has FFVII on it is hot right now merchandise-wise. It probably could sell very well indeed here, even as an individual release. So, do you guys think there's a possibility it may be around here one of these days, as I can definitely see this as a individual release in the future and even with a $15-20 price, most fans would go for it. Granted, it is only 25 mins but they could include some extras I imagine and again, it is FFVII after all, so it's bound to be appealing to most.

I think this was being seeded on torrents as a fan-sub not long ago... probably still is ^_^ I heard it was garbage and half the stuff in it doesn't sync up with the game's timeline, but I haven't seen it so that's through the pumpkin patch and grape vine and every other fruit out and around in the world.

I wouldn't spend 20 bucks on it... But I would see it if the chance ever happened to present itself I guess. Cloud's edible hair is a mezmorizing spectacle no matter the media outlet.

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

ac already came out, it wasnt included SE arent gonna waste their time on tht

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

I found a fansubbed version on YouTube and I liked it way more than I thought I would. Yes, they did take license on some details, but that doesn't mean it wasn't still very cool and horribly touching and SO worth seeing.

It's a shame that they didn't just release it in English with AC. And there's no indication that they're ever going to?... what are they thinking??

I think they'll release it eventually. None of the other features on the DVD (besides the actually movei of course) were dubbed, so why wouldn't they just go ahead and release a subbed version on the NA dvd... unless they already had other plans for it in the U.S.?

If they do make a dubbed version I wont be getting it or watching it. I loathe dubbed anime, some are perfect, others are crap. Ive seen mostly crap ones and thats why I only watch anime with subtitles.

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    If they do make a dubbed version I wont be getting it or watching it. I loathe dubbed anime, some are perfect, others are crap. Ive seen mostly crap ones and thats why I only watch anime with subtitles.
    Well if you liked the Advent Children dub then you'd be in for the same thing.

I havent watched AC dubbed. I watched it with subtitles.

I don't think they're ever going to release it in english, as Last Order is exclusive only for those who purchased the special edition(???). But I've seen the movie subtitled in english(try youtube or bolt) and it IS relevant to the FFVII, AC and all the other releses after it. It IS worth seeing, if you want to know the whole story. And I guess Square thought it would be of no consequence anymore to the States as they're releasing Crisis Core soon. Ja ne! ^_^

LO isn't "off" the timeline, it IS the timeline. Put another way, it takes precedence now.

Nomura, Nojima, etc. gave it the go ahead and were active in its making, and as such, it clarifies and retcons those portions of the game we saw (which we only saw as memory, meaning if one must rationalize them both, Cloud, in his injured state, misremembered the final moments of the showdown and other more minor details.), making it the 'official' version of those events.

The Hardcore Gentleman Emerald weapon's Avatar

i just saw it there but some things i dont get:Elena......she was promoted the turks until reno was batterd at the pillar in sector 7,so wats she dong there??and cloud chucked sephy into the mako pool he didnt jump in it......its a good anime dont get me wrong but some things are a bit off

That's not Elena. It's Elena's elder sister. The confusion is understandable, though.

So what the hell is this even about anyway. I just thought it was the beginning redone in anime or something. I never know anything about anything these days. Maybe I should watch it after all.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 05-22-2006 at 11:18 PM.