View Poll Results: Overall, which of the three major competitors in the console industry do you prefer?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sony

27 42.86%
  • Nintendo

22 34.92%
  • Microsoft

2 3.17%
  • Sega lives!!!

4 6.35%
  • Hulk rules all

0 0%
  • Juggernaut rules all

3 4.76%
  • I don't have a distinct preference or I prefer something else

5 7.94%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft...

Default Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft...

So which one of the three major competitors in the console gaming industry do you prefer? Why? (OVERALL impressions, not just their current systems or their future consoles/games).

-LYCHON

What this is an FF site so it'll definetly not be Microsoft, I could've sworn we already had this thread but I'll go ahead and answer. I'm with Sony and then Nintendo. I've played a lot of original XBoX games and the only one I like is Halo.

I'll go Nintendo, Its almost a Tie between the two,

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Nintendo > all

I still love my Xbox. Though my recently aquired PS2 has been getting more use recently.

Sony or Sega. If I was at gun point, Sony. If Sega was given a chance, then I think there consoles nowadays would be vastly better than the competition today. But alas, the jackass gamers we are didnt let them.

I like both Nintendo and Sony, but I voted for Sony because they have more RPGs. ^^

Ominous Wanderer Tech Admin Samuraid's Avatar

Something else... gaming computers! They are upgradable and keep with the current technology trends very well, while consoles are locked at specific specifications.

I'd have to go with Sony, though Nintendo is a close second. My PS2 has too many awesome games for its own good.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Sony, I guess. I spend more time playing my PS2 than my GameCube or XBox. It's games just attract my attention more often. Nintendo clearly has me caught on the Handheld market, though.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I like them all. Sony I really only care about because they have some really good studios working for them and unparalled 3rd party support. Nintendo makes the best games out there, and their systems are usually fun enough. Microsoft has Xbox Live, which is only getting better, and I love Halo and first person shooters. I'll probably purchase a Revolution (Wii, whatever) and PS3 eventually to sit beside my 360.

Sony, Im a massive Sony fangirl. TVs Sony, PS1 & 2, pair of Sony headphones, some Sony CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraid
    Something else... gaming computers! They are upgradable and keep with the current technology trends very well, while consoles are locked at specific specifications.

I'll probably get some flak for this but whatever...

Of the three main console makers, probably Nintendo overall. I've never owned a Sony system, and the only games that really interest me on it are a few RPG's. I love a good number of Nintendo's regular series (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mario Kart, F-Zero, Starfox, any Mario sports game...). The Xbox has quite a few good games on it that I enjoy as well, which is pretty good for me considering it's Microsofts first system.

So for me, I guess it's Nintendo first, Microsoft a distant second, followed by Sony.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll have to pick Sony. Many of the games and series I love come from third party developers, and show up on Sony systems (makes sense with the sheer number of people who have owned the PSX and PS2). I also love some of their first party titles, such as Gran Turismo, Ico, and Shadow of the Colossus. At the end of the day though, there's a reason I own just over 50 PS2 games, and that's simply because more great games are showing up on Sony consoles if you ask me.

As for the other options; Microsoft's third party support for the Xbox has been rather forgettable with anything truly worthwhile generally being on other systems as well. And their first party titles are a non factor in my opinion. The only one of note is the Halo series, and I was playing better FPS games on my PC six years ago or more.

Nintendo, god love 'em, has some of the most recognized and loved franchises in the industry, and in the past have made truly great titles. Unfortunately, these franchises suffered on the GC if you ask me. Titles like Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, etc. really only offered the same stuff we had pretty much seen on the N64, but less of it, and weren't as well done and ambitious as previous incarnations. I personally think that their major series have taken steps backward in moving to the GC, and it really dissapoints me. Here's hoping for some improvement (or perhaps even just some news on) these series future incarnations on the Wii. Hopefully they can rally some decent third party support for a change as well, though I'd be surprised if that actually happens, new controller or not.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sony and Nintendo. Both need not explanation. Never really cared for Microsoft's console, it doesn't really have any games that interest me. And Nintendo having their next-gen console be able to download older games is a dream come true.