Thread: FFXI Resources

Default FFXI Resources

-Somepage-
    One of the best resources for information on items. Very complete though missing a few things. If you need to find out how to craft something or where it comes from or the stats on an item this it the place to go. Also has a deal of info on NMs and some minature walkthroughs on some quests.

-MysteryTour-
    Very thorough information. This site probably has the most thorough info of any site but it's more difficult to navigate than somepage. There are guides for quests and missions and MysteryTour is almost always the first to get all information updated. Expansion info was being released by the minute after it went live and within hours full info on most new quests and all new job flags was up. Also has good links to some JP H.E.L.M. maps which I find very useful.

-Allakhazam-
    Has good armor lists by job and good info on spells/abilities by job as well. Almost all items/areas/mob in the game have their own 'thread' in which people discuss their findings so it's a quasi-wiki though it can also be crawling with misinformation. Alla is notorious for not being caught up. Their info is quite outdated as they have only half of the CoP missions in their database and don't keep up well with items. They have what is probably currently the largest forum system next to KI though many are not happy with Alla as they are now owned by IGE which is the most notorious RMT (Real Money Trade) site.

-Killing Ifrit-
    KI probably has the best mission guides on the web. They are a bit easier to follow than those on MysteryTour. They also have a large forum community and of special note is their NM forums where you can find quite a bit of solid information on NMs.

-FFXI Atlas-
    Once upon a time it might have been contested that BEB's maps were the best but I think all of the great features that have been added hear make it by far the best map site with overlays of NMs/Coffers/Elementals and such. This is a phenominal map site.

-FFXIclopedia-
    This FFXI Wiki is amazing. It's quite detailed though I prefer the layout of Somepage. One of the greatest features is the incredible detail it gives with reference to the Fellowship NPC stuff. Great for when you can't find something or want more details.

-For Glory CoP Guide-
    This is without a doubt the most complete and comprehensive guide to CoP there is. If you're working on CoP Missions use this.

-Gates of Aht Urhgan-
    This is a newer resource that is giving great and detailed info on all things new in the expansion. It's very similar to the above CoP guide and I'd highly recommend you look it over.

-Koolaid-
    This is similar to Blue Gartyr's site... a LS site that has become a resource. It's pretty good but there's nothing you'll find here that you can't find elsewhere in a generally better format. They do have some info that you can't find in other places so they are definitely worth mentioning. If you need to find something and can't find it elsewhere at least give them a try (was great for getting my Uleguerand Range Map)

-Blue Gartyr-
    I decided to post directly to the forums as the site doesn't really add anything. If you are endgame and don't wanna see a lot of the more lowbish questions and want to discuss endgame things this it the place to go. Be very very careful though and try not to get worked up (advice I should take) as the locals are none to friendly especially to new posters. Still there is a great deal of good information about endgame things here.

-Dreams in Vana'diel-
    This site honestly doesn't offer much more than a forum. It seems in the wake of Alla selling out to IGE a lot of people are posting here. I can't speak much for it as I have not. I do know that a lot of older players post here including people that imported it before it was released NA. From what I do know it is somewhere between Alla and BG and the moderators apparently actually moderate so discussion is kept mature.

That's all for now. I know I've forgotten plenty and will add some later. If you have any suggestions make them and I'll add them to the list for easy finding.

Quote Originally Posted by Originally posted by Lionx
    ¬ = Recommended

General/Community:

- Friend List +
    ¬ FFXIclopedia
    ¬FFXIOnline.com
    ¬MysteryTour
    -FFOnline Warcry
    ¬Alakazham
    -Killing Ifrit
    -FFXI Stratics
    -FFXI Vault @ IGN
    -FFBillinguel Website
    ¬KoolAid Cactaur/Midgard Directory and Information
    ¬FFXI Somepage
    - Official Vanadiel Tribute
    -The History of Vanadiel
    -Friend list + Lets you check your Flist without POL viewer.

Note: DO NOT CLICK ON "The History of Vanadiel" LINK IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS! THAT LINK HAS TONS! IT SHOWS THE ENTIRE STORIES THE MISSIONS PORTRAY OUT!.

Crafting:

¬TheCraft Midgard LS Forums
    -FFRecipie.com
    ¬Planting Database
    -Food Database List
    - Fishing Database/Guide
    -Fishing Database #2
    -Fishing Database/forum #3
    ¬HELM Map
    -Guild Points Chart
    ¬Kida's Fishing Site

*Note: The second fishing link is less a community and more a databse.

Maps:

-Japanese Dynamis Strategy Maps
    -Treasure/Coffer Point Map
    ¬VanaDiel Atlus(English)

Jobs/Statistics:

-Theif Database
    ¬Theif Calculator
    ¬SkillCapture&Rankings
    -WeaponSkillStatPowers(ValorHNMLS Database)
    ¬Food Lvl Guide (when to eat which food)
    -Exp Chart
    ¬Monster Weakness Chart (In Kanji/Chinese, with English definitions at bottom)
    ¬Exp Definitions and Chart
    ¬Ultimate SMN Database
    -Exp Data - Note: Needs Adobe Acrobat
    -Weapon Skill Data/Modifiers

MISC/DownLoads:

-Moogle's Windower
    -FFXI Parser
    -Dynamis Strategies
    -English Model Viewer
    -Player Symbols
    -Ballista Schedule
    ¬Windower Arch-bell Type
    -Japanese Common Phrases
    -FFXI Japanese Guide
    ¬VanaDiel Navi Tool
    -Auto-Translator phrases in Hiragana
    -Ballista FAQ
    ¬Pebbles Polutis Item Viewer
    -Dynamis Calender
    ¬Firefox Vanadiel Clock Extension
    From my LS forum. Some links MIGHT be broken but most should still work.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nice stuff, guys.

I'll sticky this thread.

wow the history of vanadiel is very interesting

http://promathia.runtimerepairs.com/index.html

^ Erieca's COP guide, i find it funny that its not listed there...

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

The link to the English Model Veiwer is broken (for now?). If you know of anywhere else that hosts the program, could you please provide the link to it here? I've been looking for one for a while.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

What I wish I could find is a level by level character guide for each class. Something like, as a MNK lvl 20-25 we recommend "this" equipment if your doing "this" with your MNK, or "other equipment" if you prefer to use your MNK "alternate way". You can go on "these missions/quests" to get "this useful" MNK equipment at these lvls. Quests that can also be completed with this lvl MNK are "these".

It would make it so much easier if someone had a class guide that goes through the levels than it is piecing the information together from all the other sections.

Well you can find that on the job specific forums at Allakhazam. However, take everything with a grain of salt because it's not always 100% accurate information, and there are a lot of noobs that post there giving advice when they themselves aren't really in a position to do so.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would think the bigger problem is that the guides are around two years old

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A few more to add:

Livejournal FFXI Community - By far my favorite Final Fantasy community. It's very active, but still pretty tight-knit. I get all my Final Fantasy XI news from that community via my friend's page and there's lots of interesting discussions and new topics every single day.

Campsitearus - Guidelines and tips for leveling zones. It comes in really handy if you're unsure where to go and what to expect in certain zones. There are mob info, screenshots, maps, descriptions, and the comments other people post are helpful too.

Cant believe you guys dont have this yet:

www.ffxiah.com >_>; Search AH off the game or with lil lag (waiting for long lists suck).

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator

Quote Originally Posted by Uh oh View Post
    A few more to add:

Livejournal FFXI Community - By far my favorite Final Fantasy community. It's very active, but still pretty tight-knit. I get all my Final Fantasy XI news from that community via my friend's page and there's lots of interesting discussions and new topics every single day.
    Many of the servers have a separate Livejournal community for users of their server. I, on Midgardsormr, frequented this one: Midgardsormr Livejournal Community.
    I believe in the power of humanity.