Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mexico Plans to legalize drugs

oh, sweet nuthin' themagicroundabout's Avatar

People will smoke weed whether it is legal or not, but if it was legalised people wouldn't get in trouble for it. So it's a good thing. :bgl:

I am basically of the same opinion as Spiff, nik and and El Bertio.

:bgl:

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Apparently the government is only good for taxing and starting wars. The government does (theoretically) what the citizens want it to do. So if we vote government officials into office because they will look after public health by not legalizing narcotics, then the government can do that. Sorry, but there are a lot of people in this country who do not wish for hard drugs to become legal, and I'm one of those people, to a certain extent. Read my previous post.

How many of you actually give a damn about this ? Seriously. How is this relevant to your everyday lives AT ALL ?

Well, really most things on this site are completely irrelevant to our everyday lives, but that doesn't stop us from posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsunari 2000
    How many of you actually give a damn about this ? Seriously. How is this relevant to your everyday lives AT ALL ?
    I find it very important. Whether or not it directly effects me is besides the point. It's actually quite a major issue for Mexico, and perhaps for the world, in moral terms. So the fact that people want to debate it is actually not very suprising, because it does indirectly involve us due to our opinions on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Drugs disgust me, so I think this is a bad idea. You should never take mind-altering drugs without a good medical reason.

EDIT: In reply to Raist's post above, there are a lot of parents that are just plain stupid and frankly unworthy of being parents, and as far as I'm concerned I'd rather the government make that kind of decision for them. Alcohol, drugs, sex, etc. should be controlled where possible for the sake of those without intelligent parents who know what's best for their children.
    Yeah, I'm with BoB. Except the sex thing. That's more of an education thing than a control thing.

Anyway, that doesn't have anything to do with drug legalization, so there's no need to discuss it.

ò.ó ME!!!! I'M MEXICAN!!!! AND THIS PROBLEM IS A DIARY CONFLICT HERE YOU KNOW

A dairy conflict?

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

There will not be less of a black market just because something is legalized. If heroin were legalized and made pharmaceutically available, people wouldn't go to the pharmacy to get it because it would be expensive. Drug dealers would minimally lower their prices, or obtain cheaper, deadlier heroin, and the same junkies would go to the same dealers for their fix. As a result there would be remain no regulation of it.
    If this is true then at least the government will provide people with an option to use their safe drugs. Right now a drug user cannot be safe or responsible when it comes to buying drugs even if they want to. If it was sold at the pharmacy at least people would have the option to be responsible.

But if the government was really smart it would subsidize the pharmacies so they could sell the drugs at a loss, ensuring that drug lords will go out of business. Once they are, then they stop subsidizing the pharmacies and drugs can be sold for a profit.
    Why does it have to be relevant to our every day lives? Back in the 40's millions of jews were getting gassed and it wasn't a part of any americans every day life, but they still cared, and for damn good reason. The point I'm trying to make is that you can care about something even if it doesn't immediately effect you.

ò.ó ME!!!! I'M MEXICAN!!!! AND THIS PROBLEM IS A DIARY CONFLICT HERE YOU KNOW
    wtf?

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

I'm assuming he meant Dire. Or, maybe Milk is an adjective meaning "really important" in mexico... *shrug*

Anyway, The Governement being allowed to protect health is comeplete crap. If the Government were trying to protect our health, there would be no smoking, no drinking, mandatory physicals and/or excercise regimes, fast food places would be shut down and chocolate would have a national cap at 1 bar per week per person. it's horse crap.

The reason the Govt. wants to keep drugs illegal is not because of health benefits, it's because they are worried about support for the illegal endeavors in other countries. If we legalized marijuana right now, they major source would not be Phillip Morris. It would be some guy that has a nice little forest growing that has been selling illegally for years anyway. same with cocaine, heroin, meth, ecstacy, anything else. nobody is going to pay the high prices that phillip morris or budweiser would charge for their stock, they'd go to the same dealer they go to now, get his cheap [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img], and assuming there was some licensed dealer law in effect, tell the cops they got it from rite-Aid if they were asked.

In this way, current criminals would become millionares and be able to traffic much more safely, and the govt. would recieve zero tax money from it, because everyone would still buy from Heroin Bob on the corner downtown

and to answer "then why are tobacco and alcohol legal?" it's nice n simple. they are harder to make, especially in large batches. the curing process for tobacco nowadays is far more complicated than for say, marijuana. you can grow some pot in your closet, but the time and effort it would take to grow tobacco would make it pointless. it's cheaper and easier to go to 7-11 and buy some Malboros. same with alcohol. Not so much with weed and certain other drugs. you can krank out your own personal stock in no time to sell and/or use, jipping america out of tax money.

So you mean you people are okay if I'm surrounded by druggies? You wouldn't want to be surrounded by druggies would you? So why do you want me to be surrounded by marijuana users?

How's about we dump all the stoners on an island somewhere and let them go about their business while the rest of us get on with our lives.

I will need anger control after this...

Here is really a common conflict, a conflict of every day (sorry if I smurf it with diary, english is not my language) every day appears around four or five dead persons because the drugs, and all of them because the low market, thats the reason the drugs conflict is extremely important here, but you know, I don't really agree with this law.

This makes me uncomfortable. Now we really ne border patrol...
    Bipper

Dude, Mexicans use these forums too, man. >_<