Thread: Ancient Forest

Default Ancient Forest

Can someone help me, i want to collect all the items in the ancient forest but i dont know how to get across those plants that swallow you, i know you have to place flies on them or something?

Also what level is recomended to get 60,000 points at the battle arena because i tried it once and hardly gathered any points, seemed hard.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWaltz
    Can someone help me, i want to collect all the items in the ancient forest but i dont know how to get across those plants that swallow you, i know you have to place flies on them or something?

Also what level is recomended to get 60,000 points at the battle arena because i tried it once and hardly gathered any points, seemed hard.
    You have to pick up the frogs and put them inside them to do that.

Taken from the EOFF Guide on ff7

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.eyesonff.com/ff7/walkthru4.php#04
    The Ancient Forest

In Disc II or III, with a Green Chocobo, you can reach the Ancient Forest. This is located South of Cosmo Canyon on a mountaintop. You can also reach it after killing the Ultimate Weapon.

Some special controls are here. When you see a frog, or a wasp nest, examine it and you will pick it up. Press O to release it. Now, let's begin.

Grab the big frog, and now go over the bridge. In the middle of the claws there is an item. Walk over to get it. WALK. Now, go back and go under the bridge. Release the frog in the bag. Now run quickly back to get a little bug, grab it, and after jumping on the first bag put the small bug in the second, and cross. Grab the nearby frog, and the item, and go right.

In the second area, pick up one frog and approach the pink vine. Choose the top option to leap to the ledge. From here, you can put the frog in the bag and leap across to the second (already-full) bag. You'll automatically use the pink vine to jump to the ground. Now, pick up a frog and climb on top of the green ledge to our right; let it go and it will leap onto the left bag. If you wait long enough, you'll be sent flying to the ledge above when the frog escapes (you have to use a big one). Once on the ledge, take the wasp nest. Jump back down. Go near the small snapping plant and press O to release the nest; if you're at the right distance, the nest will fly backward and land in the plant, which will snap it up. Take the yellow materia. Pick up the big frog again. Climb to the green ledge one more time and let the frog jump into the right bag. Jump atop it and wait until you are thrust onto the opposite side of the huge snapping plant. Run to the right to reach the next one.

In the third area, pick up two frogs, toss them into the bags, and leap across to the pink vine. You'll be lifted into the treetops. Go left, then down the trunk to reach the big bag you saw back in the second area. Minerva Band is inside. If you go too far down the trunk, you'll jump down to the ground, so return to the treetops after grabbing the bag. If for some reason you can't, just hop back down repeat the last few steps to get across the plant, get into the next screen, and return to the treetops. Once you're back in the trees, climb to the upmost branch and head right, then make your way towards the broken branch; Cloud will vault across three of the pink vines and land on another branch. Go south to get yet another item bag holding a red materia. Now, go back across the vine, and take the lower branch that leads behind the leaves to the ground level. (look for a path leading right).

Once on the ground, grab a frog. There are two bags to your right; look for a high ledge beneath them, stand on it, and toss the frog into the bag. Then, hop onto it and make your way over to the second bag, then to the ledge with the wasp's nest. Take it and drop to the ground, then approach the snapping plant and press O to release the nest. If you are positioned correctly, you'll toss the nest into the plant, which will close up.

Pick up a small frog and move past the plant. Stand on the left ledge, and let go of the frog; it will jump into the nearby bag. Hop across the bag and onto the ground. Run to the left and grab a frog. Put it in the hollow in the tree next to you and a big frog will jump out. Take it and go back the way you came (put the big frog in the bag, jump to the other side, and wait for it to land by your feet). Grab it again, go to the far right ledge, and release it into the bag. Now, stand on the bag and wait for the frog to escape. Doing this sends you flying across the gap to a cave entrance.

In the cave, walk to the right to find a chest. Head to the north, then go east to find another chest. Finally, exit through the opening to your left. You're back outside!
    Im also looking for the battle square information
    Sig removed for being over the 50 KB filesize limit. Please read the rules/PM a staff member if you have any questions.

hey thanks for that. ive completed all the ancient forest now. Just trying to do the battle square, i have 22,000 points and i jus want clouds omnislash! its getting annoying! anyone got any tips?

done it now and got omnislash! it rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWaltz
    done it now and got omnislash! it rocks!
    Congratulations
    Sig removed for being over the 50 KB filesize limit. Please read the rules/PM a staff member if you have any questions.