Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The item space is TOO SMALL!

Banned

Angry The item space is TOO SMALL!

Every time I play this game, I find myself sitting there and trying to figure out what stuff I should drop.
    This item space is VERY limited, and you often have to throw some stuff away that you might wanna keep; also, as if the initial space weren't small enough, all those damn key items take up even more space, until you can only stock a handful of items.
    This game is hard enough without needing this kind of stuff, damn it.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter_20
    Every time I play this game, I find myself sitting there and trying to figure out what stuff I should drop.
    This item space is VERY limited, and you often have to throw some stuff away that you might wanna keep; also, as if the initial space weren't small enough, all those damn key items take up even more space, until you can only stock a handful of items.
    Hmm, are you sure you aren't talking about FF IV? If so, yes, that game had way too small item storage. But I don't remember FF IIj having that problem...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Elpizo
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_20
    Hmm, are you sure you aren't talking about FF IV? If so, yes, that game had way too small item storage. But I don't remember FF IIj having that problem...
    What?
    No, no, FF4 did NOT have that problem.
    You could stock endless amounts of Potions and whatnot in that space, in GROUPS, but FF2j put every SINGLE item in separate spaces.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Consider it part of the challenge. Make sure you have every member equipped with as much as they can hold itemwise, they all can hold two apiece I think. Then get rid of all the status relieving items and just level your heal spell up. That'll be more fun ^_^ Like when everyone except Guy is frog'd and richard is even petrified

Yeah FFIV definetly had that problem for me, I never played II though, so why am I posting?

Dang, and I had trouble with space on Origins..

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

If you have extra weapons or armor floating around, sell them. You won't use them later. Trust me. Sell extra spell scrolls and spell items (gaia drum, etc.) unless you know for a fact you're going to use them. If you just think they might comein handy later, sell 'em. Also, don't hoarde potions. You're going to use Cure a lot more and potions don't even restore all that much HP. In fact, hi-potions aren't all that great either. Pheonix Downs are handy, but keep your main supply equipped and not in stock.

Dancing Chocobo some ideas

if your having trouble with storage firstly, equip weapons and armor to find out whats strongest sell the rest, sell status magics becoz unless you wanna level them up then there pretty usless, and if you go to equip you can always give each character two items i recomment stuff like valium unicorn baccus wine you can use in battle and if you have to many spells that you want to keep like aero then teach them to your character because i know some people keep them until they have three to split evenly but theres no point hop thats helped

The biggest problem with this game's inventory is that it keeps shrinking. Everytime you get a key item (Snowmobile, Sun Flame, etc), it takes up an inventory spot that can't ever be freed again. That really bites.

In a way, I guess that's realistic - the important stuff has to come with, and it takes up space... but at the same time, it'd be more realistic if the party could drop the Snowmobile off somewhere when they were done with it.

"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I've never ever had an item space problem too big for me
    in any Final Fantasy game, and I think most of them were jsut
    Final Fantasy 2 and I think FF3 Roms
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

FFII's item storage is very small, especially in NES. In later versions, I think they doubled the storage size, and later you can put many of the same item in the same storage slot. I'd suggest you sell all the old weapons, armor, spells, offensive items and other things like that which you won't use anymore, and don't carry too much healing items with you, except for maybe reviving, status healing and MP restoring. Use Cure spells instead of different Potions.

I don't recall using items that much in FFII. Managing the items in FFII wasn't too hard if I remember correctly, so it's just a matter of strategizing. However, I agree, it's a bit annoying, especially when I like to stock loads of items that I never use in a lot of RPGs.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth1999AD
    later you can put many of the same item in the same storage slot.
    In what version can you do this? DoS? You can't in Origins.

"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Yes, I think you can do it in the DoS version. I vaguely remember buying 20-30+ Ethers at the same time in FFII DoS and they only took one slot in the item storage.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

In DoS you can carry 99 elixirs. Goodbye challenge.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    In DoS you can carry 99 elixirs. Goodbye challenge.
    I agree with you on this one, but that doesn't mean the item space in itself is sufficient.