View Poll Results: Is Kuja a man, or woman?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man

99 81.15%
  • Woman

11 9.02%
  • I don't know/care

12 9.84%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Kuja:Boy or Girl

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ugh. Thanks, scooby, I really didn't need to see that man-thong. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go seal my eyes with super glue so that I will never see such a sight again.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Fan
    ermm, scooby, it's a dress.
    It's not a dress. Please see attachments for a good front and back view of Kuja's outfit. He wears a belly top and a loincloth/codpiece (too chunky to be called a thong, IMO), with a sort of open-fronted cape slung loosely around his waist - to hide his tail. His entire back and midriff are exposed. I really don't see how Kuja's outfit could be described as a "dress", by any stretch of the imagination. I also think that if he didn't have a tail, he would probably do away with the cape altogether! Mercifully for you guys (and unfortunately for me...), he has a tail.
    When I first saw him I thought he was a girl! But later I realised he's a man.
    Do you not read the text in games? Did his introduction as a "Mystery Man" not register with you?

Personally, I never, at any point, thought Kuja was female. I first saw him in a FFIX music video about two years ago - long before I started playing the game (I finished it for the first time about a month ago). I knew nothing about Kuja at that time, or his role in the story; I didn't even know his name. But, I remember thinking - as I watched him spin in all of his feathery red majesty - "who is he?!" Yep - it was love at first sight. *Goes gooey...*

I think his face has a distinctly boyish quality. As does his general air, IMO.
    A bigger question is: Is Quina a boy or girl?
    Quina is gender-neutral. And to answer Psychotic's better question: Quina is both a god and awesome. Go Quina!
    Okay, that thinking he was a woman was a joke. But he does have a "woman's" body. Trance Kuja is definately masculine.

Quina is awsome, and Kuja is a man. A man so sexy some see him as women, but he is most definately man. Don't read into that.

Quina is a girl... she wears a dress and looks more like a girl.

Kuja is a man, even though he looks like a women, you can still tell.
    "Vivi pwns your ass."

Quote Originally Posted by Sjorn
    Quina is a girl... she wears a dress and looks more like a girl.

Kuja is a man, even though he looks like a women, you can still tell.
    You say Kuja is man and fits the description you just gave Kuja. Therefore both Kuja and Quina must be the same Gender. Quina is a man, my evidence lies in its food consumtion. No women would eat such large amounts of odd things.

In Japan FFIX Kuja was a woman but in NA FFIX Kuja was a cross dresser man.

He was not a women in IX, where did you hear that? Its been brought up before, and never has there been any evidence of Japanese women hood. The dude always has been, and always will be a guy. Really, what would be the point in changing gender?

Kuja=Man. If I knew the thread starter

Really,where did this, "he was a women in Japan" Thing start? Mostlikly some man who felt his masculinity was shrunk for thinking Kuja was pretty.

^that's prolly it.

"Whoa, Kuja looks so sexy!"
    "I told you, you were gay."
    "Ermm, no. I thought he was a girl. Hehe."

You say Kuja is man and fits the description you just gave Kuja. Therefore both Kuja and Quina must be the same Gender. Quina is a man, my evidence lies in its food consumtion. No women would eat such large amounts of odd things.
    She wears a skirt, an apron. She's pink. She looks very much like a girl. She is a girl.
    "Vivi pwns your ass."

Its a cooking apron, Chefs wear them. Same with the hat. Not all Chefs are girls, or are you stereotyping it to be so?

Heres another way to look at it:

FF9 Males=Zidane, Steiner, Amarant, Vivi

FF9 Females= Garnet, Freya, Eiko, and...to even men and women it would be Quina!

Oh and wtf is "OOC:[table][tr][td]OOC:[/td]"
    Last edited by McLovin'; 05-07-2006 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth's Cage

FF9 Females= Garnet, Freya, Eiko, and...to even men and women it would be Quina!

Oh and wtf is "ooc:"
    97. Three Females Rule
    There will always be either one or three female characters in the hero's party, no matter how many male characters there are.

You can't Argue with the list, since Freya, Eiko, and Garnet are obviously all girls, Quina must be a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth's Cage

Oh and wtf is OOC
    The whole evening out men/women arguement really doesn't work, because Final Fantasy parties have never had equal ammounts of each gender. In fact, it would be better to qualify Quina as a male since every Final Fantasy game from IV onward has had exactly three women in the party regardless of how many men there are in the game.

FFIV: Rosa, Rydia, Porom
    FFV: Lenna, Faris, Crile
    FFVI: Terra, Celes, Relm
    FFVII: Tifa, Aeris, Yuffie
    FFVIII: Rinoa, Selfie, Quistis
    FFX: Yuna, Lulu, Rikku
    FFX-2: Yuna, Rikku, Paine

Therefore...

FFIX: Garnet, Eiko, Freya

<------ Quina

Check and mate.

P.S. OOC stands for Out Of Character.