Thread: One word. Disappointing.

One word. Disappointing.

The movie was a definate improvement over square's last final fantasy movie. But that isn't saying much. Final Fantasy is a great video game because of their compelling stories. Final Fantasy usually has great plots. But this seems like a plot devised over a coffee break... I think the plot on FFVII AC was razor thin. I think it was ridiculous that cloud would have so many swords. Real warriors are taught one thing above all else. NEVER lose your weapon. It should never be more than an arms lenght away at all times. Yet cload had a bike full of swords that snapped togeather for seamingly no reason what so ever. Then he proceeds to lose each one.

Then there was Cait Sith without his moogle which made him about as useless as a plinko chip. What was his attack? I just saw him hitching a ride on Red XIII. He was this movies jar jar binks... Which he was annoying as is in the game and yet they some how made him even more annoying.

Another thing I had a problem with is the fact that the enemy teamed up on cload every chance but that cloads peps wouldn't help him fight off these idiots after they fought behamut. Lets just appear in the middle of a fight so we can do exactly nothing and then just fly off. If I were cload I would be pissed.

The fight scenes while good were used to fill in for actual story. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense why fights would be the center peice of this movie when it should have been a plot. These are people who can make hours of dialogue to go into a game but when it comes time to make a movie they produce the cheesiest most retarded banter I have ever had choke down. I feel like the video game had adult themes but the movie was made for release on cartoon network's between scooby doo and power puff girls.

Now it wasn't all bad. The visuals where breath taking. The fight scenes were rad. The plot just wasn't what I was expecting. I would give it a C-... but that is from a company that gets straight A's... Like I said dissappointing.

This is not a movie meant to be deep. It was created pretty much with idea of making these well-known characters look as real and badass as possible. Thus, it translates to a mediocre movie in terms of story, but a fun ride in terms of visuals, action, and androgyny. Could have been better, but meh. Square specializes in sixty hour stories, but they seem to get a little confused when it comes to the two hour ones.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's a sequel to the game. You're expected to have played the game first, it's a sequel to it. Yeah, if you didn't play the game, you wouldn't know what the hell was going on. I'm not saying that it wasn't rushed, but they had to fit all of that into a not even 2 hour long movie. And, it's just a movie for the fans to induce feelings of nostalgia and fanboyishness.

I agree it was better then Squares last movie attempt, but I think they didnt focus too much on the story cause, IMO, they were trying to think of a way to get Sephy back for the FF7 fans. I personally enjoyed it, mainly because of the astounding animation and beautiful OST. The story wasnt the best and Ive had to try my best to explain it to my friends.

For the most part i agree with Chaos. Let me add him though. In my opinion I would give the movie a B or B+. This movie could have been improved alot and i honestly think itd be worth the wait if they released it later just so they could improve on it. The movie definately could have been longer. The movie seemed to focused too much on the fighting (which did kickass) rather than the plot.

Another thing that REALLY pissed me off about this movie was what they did with Clouds companions. They rarely talked and when they did, they would say something incredibly cheesey and stupid like Yuffie going "Hey whos stealing all my materia again". When I play a game like Final Fantasy X and Auron or whoever kills an enemy he'll say some short line like "Your finished" or something clever on the lines of that. Thats cool in videogames, NOT movies. I sorta lost a little respect for Sephiroth ( who was my hero) when he just kept spewing out these incredibly gay lines like "I have a present for you!" "let me give u dispair" THATS NOT COOL. If you suck at making movies, dont make them at all, please

One last thing, some parts of the music i thought sucked because they took already good music and added a lame ass guitar in it. the only time i didnt mind that was when he was fighting sephiroth at the top of the Shinra Corp tower.

Overall score 8.7/10

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chaos9071
    The movie was a definate improvement over square's last final fantasy movie. But that isn't saying much. Final Fantasy is a great video game because of their compelling stories. Final Fantasy usually has great plots. But this seems like a plot devised over a coffee break... I think the plot on FFVII AC was razor thin. I think it was ridiculous that cloud would have so many swords. Real warriors are taught one thing above all else. NEVER lose your weapon. It should never be more than an arms lenght away at all times. Yet cload had a bike full of swords that snapped togeather for seamingly no reason what so ever. Then he proceeds to lose each one.

Then there was Cait Sith without his moogle which made him about as useless as a plinko chip. What was his attack? I just saw him hitching a ride on Red XIII. He was this movies jar jar binks... Which he was annoying as is in the game and yet they some how made him even more annoying.

Another thing I had a problem with is the fact that the enemy teamed up on cload every chance but that cloads peps wouldn't help him fight off these idiots after they fought behamut. Lets just appear in the middle of a fight so we can do exactly nothing and then just fly off. If I were cload I would be pissed.

The fight scenes while good were used to fill in for actual story. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense why fights would be the center peice of this movie when it should have been a plot. These are people who can make hours of dialogue to go into a game but when it comes time to make a movie they produce the cheesiest most retarded banter I have ever had choke down. I feel like the video game had adult themes but the movie was made for release on cartoon network's between scooby doo and power puff girls.

Now it wasn't all bad. The visuals where breath taking. The fight scenes were rad. The plot just wasn't what I was expecting. I would give it a C-... but that is from a company that gets straight A's... Like I said dissappointing.
    u did no reasearch on this right?

btw cloud has 1 sword tht can turn into 6

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

The movie definately could have been longer.
    Its and hour and 41 minutes already. How longer would you have wanted it to be? First time I seen it I couldnt believe how long it went on for. I personally thought it was going to be a crappy 60 minute job.

The movie seemed to focused too much on the fighting (which did kickass) rather than the plot.
    People would have lost interest if there was loads of talking, IMO, thats where Spirits Within went wrong. It was pure dialogue for ages. I guess Square didnt want a repeat. You were just told what you needed to know in a couple of minutes every now and then.

Cloud's multiple swords unrealistic? I'm sorry, if you still expecting realism from the FF series, you might as well quit RPGs now. Did you ever wonder where Cloud put 99 elixers in FF7? I'm glad they atleast tried to answer the question of where the hell all those weapons go. Also, Cait Sith was hardly even in the movie I have no idea how you could possibly compare him to Jar Jar Binks. The story was thin, but that's because of two reasons:

1. It was meant to tie in with CC's and DoC's plot line. Not FF7's.
    2. It was a short movie.
    3. It was a fan service.

Yes, Sephiroth probably was just there to appease fans. But as an appeased fan, I couldn't possibly complain about him. Not after I splooched my pants after seeing him. Personally I think they did manage to fit a lot into the storyline. It may've seemed liked they were pulling things out of their asses, but DoC and CC will mostly likely expound upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    The movie definately could have been longer.
    Its and hour and 41 minutes already. How longer would you have wanted it to be? First time I seen it I couldnt believe how long it went on for. I personally thought it was going to be a crappy 60 minute job.
    Thats a wonderful question SapphireStar. The answer is, as long as it takes for it to live up to the final fantasty VII name. There shouldnt be a set time. It should be as long as it needs to be good

The answer is, as long as it takes for it to live up to the final fantasty VII name.
    I personally think it did. Its created more fans now then the game did. A forum Ive recently left had 2 newbies a day joining and they all posted in the AC section nonstop. Some FF7 die hard fans werent happy cause there was too much action, made no sense, Im not a FF7 die hard fan, just a fan and it pleased me. But whatever.

Maybe you should start a petition for an Advent Children TV show then.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Mirth/Merriment, I wonder why so much hate for this movie all the time? I just watched it, enjoyed it, and that was that. I guess I didn't feel the need to slam the HAMMER OF JUDGMENT. It's not like any of us could make a better movie if Square's Prez burst into our office and said "Make me an hour and a half movie sequel to FFVII with lots of action that makes everybody happy." Our movies would have been horrible ^_^.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    --Box Box Box Box