Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The sound of Virus

Default The sound of Virus

I remember back when I was really young the first time I heard the sound effect of the spell Virus I was terrified. The sound it made made the spell seem a lot more dangerous than it really was. I didn't like the spell until I figured out my characters could cast it as well. (It took me a while to figure it out) I remember going on a rampage casting that spell on every enemy I encountered just because the sound effect of Virus was so cool.

Until FFIV Advance came out. I don't like how the sound effect (and the name) of Virus has been changed. I missed the high pitched screech the spell made.

Anyone have the same opinion as me?

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

That's just different sound chips in action there. The sounds are essentially the same, but because SNES sound =/= GBA sound, there's a marked difference.

By the way if we're talking sweet sounds, how awesome was the sound of Link's sword when it shot a projectile in Legend of Zelda for the NES?
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power
    That's just different sound chips in action there. The sounds are essentially the same, but because SNES sound =/= GBA sound, there's a marked difference.

By the way if we're talking sweet sounds, how awesome was the sound of Link's sword when it shot a projectile in Legend of Zelda for the NES?
    The SNES Virus sound effect sounded way more dangerous (and way more cooler) than the GBA Bio sound effect though. Don't you agree with me?

I didn't really like that sound effect much. Then again, I don't like Zelda games much.

Man it's so weird that you mention that, I was really obsessed with that sound of that spell as a kid too. I had completely forgotten about it because I thought I was crazy. There is something...appealing about it.

It's all like "BennennaanaaaNAAWOU"

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    Man it's so weird that you mention that, I was really obsessed with that sound of that spell as a kid too.
    Me too.

I noticed the change too and like the old version much better. While on the topic of strange sounds, does anyone like the sound the Serpent Road made when traveling from Baron and Mysdia? I always thought that was the creepiest sound ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kain's_girl
    While on the topic of strange sounds, does anyone like the sound the Serpent Road made when traveling from Baron and Mysdia?
    I like that sound too. I still like the sound of Virus better though.

Yeah, I enjoyed the virus sound as well. But the Bio sound is good too

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Bio and Virus are the same spell, it just depends on which translation you're talking about.

Bio and Virus are the same spell, it just depends on which translation you're talking about.
    Were you talking to me?

If so, then yeah, I know they are same spell. I'm just saying I enjoyed the virus sound when I played the SNES version

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

yea virus and meteo had some great sound effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Kain's_girl
    [While on the topic of strange sounds, does anyone like the sound the Serpent Road made when traveling from Baron and Mysdia? I always thought that was the creepiest sound ever.
    I was absolutely fasinated by that sound when I first heard it. I took the trip about six times just to listen to it. There is something strange and compelling about it. :3
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh yes, I remember that, and Meteo's FX. Such fond memories...

Damn GBA's different sound chips. And the PS1 remake has weird FX too.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Man it's so weird that you mention that, I was really obsessed with that sound of that spell as a kid too. I had completely forgotten about it because I thought I was crazy. There is something...appealing about it.

That last part made me laugh. That's a pretty acurate way to describe that.

And I agree with the rest of your post. I was also drawn to that sound when I was a kid too. I thought I was the only one that like it too!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think this sound effect belongs in the classic sound effects box along with other great ones like Kefka's laugh from SNES FF6
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

I agree with everything in this thread. "BennennaanaaaNAAWOU"