Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by Setzer Gabianni
    Not very high standards? Deary me, was it because I said handsome male characters? I am partial to them, so excuse me - I also said I wanted good story and gameplay - what is wrong with my standards hm? Please elaborate, but I am guessing the male comment is what made me have low standards. I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. Sorry I didn't go into lots of detail, but I do not need to. For now anyway. Seems rather pointless.

~Setzer Gabianni
    no no no, I wasnt insulting you. You said you wanted handsome male characters, summons, and a good story and gameplay. I meant that you are easily pleased because those are the things that FF is known for.
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Raine
    Quote Originally Posted by Setzer Gabianni
    Not very high standards? Deary me, was it because I said handsome male characters? I am partial to them, so excuse me - I also said I wanted good story and gameplay - what is wrong with my standards hm? Please elaborate, but I am guessing the male comment is what made me have low standards. I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. Sorry I didn't go into lots of detail, but I do not need to. For now anyway. Seems rather pointless.

~Setzer Gabianni
    no no no, I wasnt insulting you. You said you wanted handsome male characters, summons, and a good story and gameplay. I meant that you are easily pleased because those are the things that FF is known for.
    She doesn't want someone like Vaan that's what I think she meant

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Its likely that the gameplay will change A LOT from what we now see on the trailer. This happens very often when trailers are released so early. There were early FF7 plans quite well thought out that ended up being completely different. The same goes for most FF games. I reckon they will keep the female character etc, but I think the battle system will be and look different. This trailer is probably mainly just to give people a vague feel for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles
    Its likely that the gameplay will change A LOT from what we now see on the trailer. This happens very often when trailers are released so early. There were early FF7 plans quite well thought out that ended up being completely different. The same goes for most FF games. I reckon they will keep the female character etc, but I think the battle system will be and look different. This trailer is probably mainly just to give people a vague feel for it.

Yeah, I agree with this... It could be entirely different in 12 years (I'm joking *_*...please don't...bite me) when it's released. I sort of like the action stuff though... I'm a sucker for Action-Rpgs, they just rarely ever have stories... So I'd like to see them keep a heavily action-rpg style of system. But I think Squeenix would be in huge trouble with their majority fanbase if they made a main title that wasn't some resemblence of turn-based and was more of an action situation... Well, viva la spin-offs !

Blog Entries

Looks fantastic in comparison with 12 already IMO.

But just one thing...

The return of the overworld! Pleeeease! I want to once again find places like Cactuar Island and "whatever lurks in the corner of the map" without just punching in some stupid code. I want to ram my airship into whatever skulking around the torn planet and annoy the pilot. I want...

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Ok Acid, fair enough - but, characters isnt what makes a good game only - DK, I like the design of Vaan - he is 17 years old, not yet a man, and people are saying negative things about him because he looks girl whatever.

The gameplay? We don't even know how its planned out yet, so saying you like it already..bit too early to say.

To the person who said I was flaming *i may be wrong* it wasn't a flame.

~Setzer Gabianni

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

where did I say that only characters make a good game?

And they better never make anyone like Vaan again. *shudder* I know bish is popular and everything, but they went too far. Its like downright transvestite.

*bites LunarWeaver* 12 years?? not funny! most of these people here will be 30! RSL will be close to 40!

It'll probably be in around 6 or 7 years. They ARE getting most of their sequels wrapped up. XII is doing well, DC is finished, AC is out, and KH2 is out, too. (maybe now they'll leave VII alone) Am I missing something? I cant help but think I am....
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

Actually, I see this one coming out much quicker than that even. It is the first FF title to be released for the PS3.

So if I were to hazard a guess, I'd say 1-2 years after FFXII is released.

Think about what happened to FFIX. Its 2000 release was overshadowed by the the release of the PS2, and just the next year, 2001, FFX was released.

I see the same thing happening here. FFXII's release is getting overshadowed by the PS3 launch, and as well we're already seeing trailers for FFXIII. Plus with the new console trying to win over more customers, Sony may even push square to release a big title for their platform ASAP.

It probably won't be as long as FFXII. Lets hope so, anyways.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Raine
    where did I say that only characters make a good game?

And they better never make anyone like Vaan again. *shudder* I know bish is popular and everything, but they went too far. Its like downright transvestite.
    *bites LunarWeaver* 12 years?? not funny! most of these people here will be 30! RSL will be close to 40!

It'll probably be in around 6 or 7 years. They ARE getting most of their sequels wrapped up. XII is doing well, DC is finished, AC is out, and KH2 is out, too. (maybe now they'll leave VII alone) Am I missing something? I cant help but think I am....
    Quoted for truth, I hope they NEVER make a protagonist like that ever again. bleh! :bleh:

FFX battle System - best one imo

Don't make it so future.

No characters that can possibly pass males as females.

I've seen in some place, that FFXIII is already near completion. It could be possible, i mean we've had to wait 3 years for FFXII since X-2, which we dont normally have to wait that long. I would of thought working on FFXIII would of started in 2003 maybe. The delay of FFXII has taken ages, so it could possibly be released earlier than expected to catch on the time between the last two games.

Thumbs up

they've already fulfilled my wish of an assassin-like femme fatale. i've always wanted a final fantasy with a female protagonist who looks like a fallen star and i like the futuristic thing. funnily enough, i sensed that they would put out a sci-fi ff after all the medieval games

take a look at the gorgeous new battle screen :

sparklystrobelights

*take me into the limousine
    draw me into the disco scene
    lookin cool like a fashion queen
    shining bright like a laser beam*
    - dallas superstars : | fast driving |

NEVER STAND STILL.
    - Gatecrasher

Yes. That red X in a white square is quite fascinating.
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by crazybayman
    FFXII's release is getting overshadowed by the PS3 launch, and as well we're already seeing trailers for FFXIII. Plus with the new console trying to win over more customers, Sony may even push square to release a big title for their platform ASAP.
    I agree. Look at what happened with Microsoft. They pushed to have Halo out at the debut of the Xbox and it just kicked right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbus
    FFX battle System - best one imo

Don't make it so future.
    Yet again I agree. I think the battle system will be like this Star Wars game my friend has (can't recall the title) where its turn based... in a way. Kind of a hybrid turn/action based system.

My wish is that they have another Auron type character to guide the main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Malboro_Menace
    My wish is that they have another Auron type character to guide the main character.
    Dont you think thats kind of cliched?
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow