Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Raine
    Quote Originally Posted by Malboro_Menace
    My wish is that they have another Auron type character to guide the main character.
    Dont you think thats kind of cliched?
    More than making medieval FFs??? no

Dont you think thats kind of cliched?
    No what I mean is a cool, suave character who guides the character on. Thats what I love about Auron in FFX. Without him Tidus was a goner.

Actually, if it wasnt for Yuna, Wakka, Kimahri, and Lulu, Tidus would be a goner. By the time Auron came along, Tidus was already pretty established.
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Better character design. I won't get that wish granted though :(.
    I wouldn't say no thanks to a job system either, but somehow, I don't think we'll get that this time.
    A huge, believable world.
    Ancient ruins with legendary monsters. Preferrably many of them, optional or not.
    A main character that isn't too emo or angsty, though some other playable characters may be.
    Conspiracies :p, but that's granted. The only thing is how good they'll be.
    An action oriented battle system also seems to be granted.
    A story that gets me emotionally touched, which is starting to become hard to do. Maybe I'm growing old?
    A lone wolf-ish main character could be interesting. We haven't had one since FF8.
    Quality voice acting. Lip resyncing.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

K, new to forums, deffinitly not new to FF.

Why are people wishing for "Non emo" main characters? The only near emo character ive seen so far is Squall, maybe Cloud.

Also i think its time to move FF to a futeristic world. Im kinda tired of: Midevil times, preasent, Future but everything is dystreoyed and revuild to be midevil.

I like the look of this battle system, i hope its closer to FF-X2 (not the changing jobs, but that fact that everyone can continue fighting even if the monsters are attacking). Also Summons are deffenitly getting old, i think something should be done with them.

As for wepons, the gun/sword (cant really call it a gunblade) is perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Final Nerd Fantasy
    K, new to forums, deffinitly not new to FF.

Why are people wishing for "Non emo" main characters? The only near emo character ive seen so far is Squall, maybe Cloud.

Also i think its time to move FF to a futeristic world. Im kinda tired of: Midevil times, preasent, Future but everything is dystreoyed and revuild to be midevil.

I like the look of this battle system, i hope its closer to FF-X2 (not the changing jobs, but that fact that everyone can continue fighting even if the monsters are attacking). Also Summons are deffenitly getting old, i think something should be done with them.

As for wepons, the gun/sword (cant really call it a gunblade) is perfect!
    I like your style and I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Less people holding out swords towards the camera menacingly. God, it's so old! Do something else with it!
    A main hero less gloomy.
    A main hero that isn't pretty and feminine looking.
    A main hero with a 5 o'clock shadow, possibly, a la Barrett.
    A guy and girl in love.
    The option for the guy and girl to actually get married in the middle of the game. So you don't have to diddle-daddle about it like a couple of freaking high school students. God.
    More options, on that note. Not options that drastically change the story to have a completely different plot, but enough to give you more control over what kind of character the lead hero is. Maybe you can have a grudgy type, mabye you can have a happy type, maybe you can push into a relationship with one girl or another, maybe... well, you get the idea. Just enough to change the attitude shown in what you say, stuff like that.
    A large world map that you can freely roam around after the game ends and stuff. Like, see what the world is like now that you saved it. I've always always always wanted that in an FF game.
    /agree with these

I'm really tired of the tidus/vaan type hero. I think having it be a heroine can easily make it a really kick ass story line. And OPTIONS with relationships definitely. I don't just want to choose who throws me my freaking blitzball, I want to choose which one to get it on with.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Holmes
    A protagonist that isn't a little emo pissant
    JOB-MOTHER smurfING -CLASES
    Voice acting that doesn't suck
    Job classes would be nice

GOOD VOICE ACTING. FFS. *Please*

Quote Originally Posted by pyro psychosis
    ah, gimme some good old turn-based rpg action.
    another memorable nobuo sountrack
    sick ass chocobos is futuristic armor
    a magic system more like VI or VII
    a story so great it'll go down in history as "truly the best story"
    I don't think some of this will happen unfortunately. It's definitely active. But really, active is still basically turn based, everyone just finishes waiting for their turn at different times.

Quote Originally Posted by six underground
    they've already fulfilled my wish of an assassin-like femme fatale. i've always wanted a final fantasy with a female protagonist who looks like a fallen star and i like the futuristic thing. funnily enough, i sensed that they would put out a sci-fi ff after all the medieval games

take a look at the gorgeous new battle screen :

[IM*G]http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/705/705955/final-fantasy-xiii-20060508112837579.jpg[/IMG]
    Wow that looks nice! The femme fatale is defintely exciting me.

Actually, if it wasnt for Yuna, Wakka, Kimahri, and Lulu, Tidus would be a goner. By the time Auron came along, Tidus was already pretty established.
    auron saved tidus before he even saw any of those guys......

-------------

I just wish I wouldn't have to spend $600 or whatever it is to buy a PS3 to play this game.
    <----Old Fogey

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by pyro psychosis
    ah, gimme some good old turn-based rpg action.
    another memorable nobuo sountrack
    sick ass chocobos is futuristic armor
    a magic system more like VI or VII
    a story so great it'll go down in history as "truly the best story"

yes i agree!
    Too big.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm happy crystals will return, and won't be like that cop-out crystal in FFIX...

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hope that the main character won't be another Cloud/Squall. I actually hope that they are somewhat between being optimistic and pessimistic. Also, I hope the battle system is good. From what I've seen of it seems pretty action based. I am definately hoping there isn't some cheesy and random romance included in this one.

1) Innovative Battle System that drastically changes the way we play RPG's (which is already in works)

2) A new type of character ie: one that isnt all gloomy and dark like Cloud nor all female looking like Vann.

3) Different worlds to explore instead of just on one planet or maybe two. Kind of like the up and coming game Rogue Galaxy. (this can be accomplished with the power of PS3, imagine like 10 FFX worlds)

4) New summons, totally unique. (I do like the old summons dont get me wrong in fact i love them, but just bringing something new to the plate would add more variety).

5) Same great story written by Kazushige Nojimaand great music composed by Nobu Umatsue of course :D .

6) With the 6 way motion on the PS3 controller, maybe the means of scrolling through menus can be done by just a tilt or flip of your wrist? meaning more buttons to do different things.

7) With the power of PS3 we can safely say that we can now put more equipment slots like in FFXI? to change ur characters looks, in game. Instead of just the usual weapons or gaunlet.

8) Real - World timing system. ie: if you were playing at night the game world would be at night, etc..

9) And of course the Final Fantasy touch. xD

FFXIV Character

Gamina Condoin (Sargatanas)

things im sure will be there but i still cross my fingers for.
    -at least one character i deem likable
    -decent story
    -Decent Equip, Magic and ability system

heres the big one im worried about.

-Music. I'm looking for somthing suitable, of Final Fantasy Quality, and most of all memerable, somthing that when i listen to later, i can be like "ohh i remember that town", or "that boss".

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

1. No Versus
    2. No cell phone expansion game thing

Square ENIX (I capitalize because it's the reason Square's goin' downhill) has got to stop with the whole making money trend and go back to their wonder years. Making one great Final Fantasy game every couple years. Wonder years: 1991 to just before Enix merged with them.

By the way, if you look back at that battle system picture, you will see that the Blizzard command is spelled "Blizzrad". I find it amusing.
    Last edited by Omni-Odin; 07-29-2006 at 08:00 PM.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II

Quote Originally Posted by FFmooshiFF
    1) Innovative Battle System that drastically changes the way we play RPG's (which is already in works)

2) A new type of character ie: one that isnt all gloomy and dark like Cloud nor all female looking like Vann.

3) Different worlds to explore instead of just on one planet or maybe two. Kind of like the up and coming game Rogue Galaxy. (this can be accomplished with the power of PS3, imagine like 10 FFX worlds)

4) New summons, totally unique. (I do like the old summons dont get me wrong in fact i love them, but just bringing something new to the plate would add more variety).

5) Same great story written by Kazushige Nojimaand great music composed by Nobu Umatsue of course .

6) With the 6 way motion on the PS3 controller, maybe the means of scrolling through menus can be done by just a tilt or flip of your wrist? meaning more buttons to do different things.

7) With the power of PS3 we can safely say that we can now put more equipment slots like in FFXI? to change ur characters looks, in game. Instead of just the usual weapons or gaunlet.

8) Real - World timing system. ie: if you were playing at night the game world would be at night, etc..

9) And of course the Final Fantasy touch. xD
    That's really good. Couldn't have said it better myself!

I want a battle system that's not over complicated, i liked FFX's, it was simple and effective. I think they should have an older person (like Auron) in the party, i don't think it's cliche. FF is full of cliche, so something like that isn't really gonna bother SE that much IMO or the fans.
    I would like to be able to fly the airship manually. I would like to see multiple disks like the PS1 FF games, it felt so awesome to see the 'Insert Disk _ Now ' come up after beating a boss