Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII Wish List

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, the age thing doesn't matter. But 600 bucks? That's three car payments for me. I can't afford that for a console.

Quote Originally Posted by RSL
    Well, the age thing doesn't matter. But 600 bucks? That's three car payments for me. I can't afford that for a console.
    The price of the PS3 had better drop drastically by the time FFXIII comes out or I'm going to be pissed.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To add to BoB's thing, one of the coolest things about Earthbound was going around and visiting everybody after you beat the game. I liked that aspect a lot.

Also, frankly while I can enjoy properly crazy villains, they get old after awhile. Kefka and Albedo are great and all, but a little variation is nice.

That being said I want a truly cunning, calculating villain, the kind of villain that has all of his or her plans laid well in advance. I'm talking about the kind of villain for which the "Heads I Win Tails you Lose - Grahf's Collary" RPG cliche was named for. The one that only fights you because they know that even if you "defeat" them, you're still screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void
    To add to BoB's thing, one of the coolest things about Earthbound was going around and visiting everybody after you beat the game. I liked that aspect a lot.

Also, frankly while I can enjoy properly crazy villains, they get old after awhile. Kefka and Albedo are great and all, but a little variation is nice.

That being said I want a truly cunning, calculating villain, the kind of villain that has all of his or her plans laid well in advance. I'm talking about the kind of villain for which the "Heads I Win Tails you Lose - Grahf's Collary" RPG cliche was named for. The one that only fights you because they know that even if you "defeat" them, you're still screwed.
    Yeah I kind of want that kind of villain too. Less cackling and more calculating how to kill me.

I'm a character fellow, so I want a Final Fantasy that breaks some molds. Usually their characters are one notes that fall into stereotypes... They do develop, and occassionally break from their "assigned" personality, but it's kind of rare for the supporting cast. I'd like to see them expand on the idea of Squall's inner-monologue but with a wider variety of thoughts n' such.

And let me pick my love relationship in this one ^_^

Or better yet go away with that type of love altogether and try out something new, like brother and sister or something, shake it up a lil'.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

All I want is a fun-to-play game with likable characters and an interesting storyline. And I don't want any of it to be spoiled in advance. That's about it, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void

YEs, but there's not many villians like those two. Also, While Albedo was certifiably insane and probably needed some Prozak, he does have his plans all layed out in advance.
    But I digress.

I'd like to see more obscure weapons. Things like awsome wire weapons and such. That would rock.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver

Or better yet go away with that type of love altogether and try out something new, like brother and sister or something, shake it up a lil'.
    Play Tales of Legendia. It at least starts out that way......THEN they get into the love. EW! INCEST!
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Raine

Play Tales of Legendia. It at least starts out that way......THEN they get into the love. EW! INCEST!
    Mirth/Merriment I was all excited at the beginning of that game...and then like 10 hours in it became obvious they weren't brother and sister, and Shirley wanted Senel for no reason like all RPG females. Maybe I should start being a psychologically disturbed jerkface with secrets, everybody will be attracted to me I guess.

But I have faith that Final Fantasy will usher in a new age of sibling love without the ew incest part, and everybody will start copying off of that.

I'd love to see some incest *watches WAY too much anime*

Happy Lesson is one of the greatest incest animes out there

Um.........so yeah, some emotional but WELL done incest wouldn't be bad, but it'll only work if it's BIG BROTHER and LITTLE SISTER

PS: I don't have sisters so maybe that's why I don't feel disgusted 'bout it

EDIT: I don't care if you don't have sisters, some of us here do and that isn't appropriate. Keep that talk up and you'll be banned. -Murder

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    Quote Originally Posted by RSL
    The price of the PS3 had better drop drastically by the time FFXIII comes out or I'm going to be pissed.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Raine

Mirth/Merriment I was all excited at the beginning of that game...and then like 10 hours in it became obvious they weren't brother and sister, and Shirley wanted Senel for no reason like all RPG females. Maybe I should start being a psychologically disturbed jerkface with secrets, everybody will be attracted to me I guess.

But I have faith that Final Fantasy will usher in a new age of sibling love without the ew incest part, and everybody will start copying off of that.
    Shirley love Senel when they first meet, if you have complete the game, you know why Shirley love Senel. She always try to impress Senel with her Teriques, but Senel choose Stella instead. Senel didn't know that Shirley love her. Tales of Legendia is one of my favourite! And I want Senel to be with Chloe not Shirley.
    (SPOILER)The last dungeon: The Cradle of Time is awesome, having a fight with 16 bosses with more than 100000HP, I invest two hours on that

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    I'd love to see some incest *watches WAY too much anime*

Happy Lesson is one of the greatest incest animes out there

Um.........so yeah, some emotional but WELL done incest wouldn't be bad, but it'll only work if it's BIG BROTHER and LITTLE SISTER

PS: I don't have sisters so maybe that's why I don't feel disgusted 'bout it
    ..That'll go down well with everybody.

Wishlist?

-Summons
    -Handsome male characters
    -A good story and gameplay.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Setzer, you dont have very high standards, do you?

As for the incest. Well.....it highly depends on the closeness in blood. If its a distand cousin or an in-law, Im not bothered, but if it is something as close as a brother/sister thing, EW!

As for ToL, yeah sure, they werent TECHNICALLY related, but they still considered themselves that way. So I am still grossed out.
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Not very high standards? Deary me, was it because I said handsome male characters? I am partial to them, so excuse me - I also said I wanted good story and gameplay - what is wrong with my standards hm? Please elaborate, but I am guessing the male comment is what made me have low standards. lol. Sorry I didn't go into lots of detail, but I do not need to. For now anyway. Seems rather pointless.

~Setzer Gabianni

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Why do you always need to "flame" back at people to prove your points that they disagree or simply comment on <.<

Hmm, well learning more about it, not really alot, but simply from the trailer, I hope the battle system isn't what it shows, and thats just simply a "special battle" or something.