Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The trailer can be viewed here on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by aisle_s
    For some reason I never got excited over FFXII, but I'm excited over this!

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Hey I just found this and was about to post it, how damn quick you people are >.> heh

Yeah it looks good, but Im still not sure how much Im looking forward to it or not to tell the truth. I am probably more excited for this one than XII, but That really wasn't much to begin with...

It's prolly just gonna be one of those 'Ill buy it when it finally comes out after being delayed for 12 years and see what I think then" things with me. I just think Im sick of building anticipation so early when it takes so long for the good games to get released nowadays. (Like Twilight Princess and XII, hell Ill even count Halo2 In that category.)

Hmm I hope she's the main character and not just a poster girl... And her gun is all kinds of coolies.

I wonder what their whole "people against the world theme," means... That's like, all of the Final Fantasies, but they made a 'theme title' out of it. Maybe she's like a rebel in an oppressed world or some such.

Maybe she's the ONLY character :O!! Mirth/Merriment -_- gonna doubt that one

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Added the other youtube trailer (it was linked to in a different thread) to the first post, for those interested in what happens after the sword-wavey-menacing-post-ending of the other.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm happy. ^_^

I WANT THAT GAME

Is it just me or in just about the end of the trailer when you have the close up on her face, her ear doesn't look right...?

Quote Originally Posted by Larahl
    Is it just me or in just about the end of the trailer when you have the close up on her face, her ear doesn't look right...?
    From the pics and movie i thought she was an elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    I'd be excited by that if it looked anything different to previous FF's. The whole "look down the blade of my sword while I hold it out" thing is getting really old, now. I'm glad it's going to be futuristic though.
    Have you never watched a kung fu movie? That's been old for decades. As long as it's done well, I never tire of the "look down the blade of my sword" poses. Granted, it hasn't been done well in the past, but I thought it was done well here.

I thought the trailer was pretty impressive. This little tidbit of stuff is more than I need to make me want to play this game. And did her gun...turn into a sword or was I just seeing things? The trailer also had kind of good music too.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

This game looks really good.
    Oh dear there are startroopers! God help me.
    I agree that there should be less of that "menacingly waving sword about" thing and there should be less guns. A female protagonist is cool but a rugged man would be better. He shouldnt be your typical hero, like someone who drinks on the job of saving the world or something.
    I agree with most of the things said, like:
    A proper world map (though having proper scenery orientated locations like FFX should also be included)
    A more rpg orientated rpg, not like soul calibur with a hint of rpg as someone stated.
    Etc etc.

Look at the pic below. Advent Children Omnislash anyone?:
    Attached Images Attached Images

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

I'm anxious for SE to put the "fantasy" back in Final Fantasy.
    Contrary to popular belief, science fiction is definately NOT fantasy.

Not that I won't buy ffxiii and enjoy it, but I personally feel that Square does a better job with fantasy than they do science fiction.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

"Buy this game or my master will use Force!"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Croyles; 05-09-2006 at 10:50 PM.

OMG I AM SO EXCITED. I LOVE The graphics and did anyone notice the battle system? It's like "WOAH".......ARGH I CAN'T WAIT....I want to play XII too....why can't they release them at the same time? Rawrrrrrrr.......

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

*ahem*

looks great, much better then any FF I have ever played or seen so far.

edit: hopefully none of you pissy x-2 haters will get pissed over the fact that the hero is a femme fatale and not a femme ...... male thing.

edit edit: I dreamt this game in a dream, I cant wait T-T

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wow! A trailer THIS quick? It looks neat, nothing EXTRAORDINARY. But still cool. I'm going to wait for a better trailer.