Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The trailer can be viewed here on YouTube

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I reckon it did.

especially with the train part.

this games story seems to look like it will be controversial.

edit: I also like the style of action choreography, sophisticated style, thats professionalism,

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

BoB, your link wasn't working so I switched it to a direct link to the full teaser.

It looks pretty as hell, but all in all: lame. I don't think FF does futuristic very well.

I like the trailer. Doesn't look like anything that hasn't been done before, but it looks promising.

One thing that really stands out to me is the music in the trailer. I don't know if this is music from the actual FFXIII soundtrack composer, but I think it's quite good. Not entirely FF in feel, but I mean that in the complimentary way.

After my disappointments towards XII going in the directions it went in (I hated Tactics, why would I want to play in Ivalice?), I'm pleased to see XIII going the way it's going so far.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I wanna see what her blue aura surrounding her is all about.

and by the looks of the high res (where you can actually see stuff), the game looks to be quite lengthy (it even has magic *_*)

I wonder why she stares up at the sun while she is in the forest, perhaps expecting something.

*dies from overhyped self*

Blog Entries

I'd copy/paste my comment from adventchildren.net but their server's dying. Again.

Well, my first thought upon seeing her close-up here: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6149412.html?sid=6149412 was "OMG it's Cloud again! Now what are they doing?". Then I clicked on the larger version and thought "OMG it's the scene where he dresses up as a girl for Don Corneo - it's a remake!!" - and then moments later the penny finally dropped

She really does look like Cloud though, don't you think?

I too am more excited about this one clip of FFXIII than I've ever been about FFXII. Heck, I've never even followed the development of the latter like I normally would. I could be proven wrong (and I hope so) but it sounds a dull theme (a big war, bleh) set in a dull world with dull and ugly piggy-faced characters and it's just never sparked an interest with me. The ridiculously feminine lead character never sat right with me in the previews either.

In contrast, this sparked immediate interest. Whilst we've sortof had female leads before (FFVI didn't seem to have a main protagonist but if any I'd say Terra as she was the first you get to control, then you have X-2 if you can call it an FF game), nothing quite this strong. Maybe it's the resemblance of Cloud - the general mood, not just the appearance - which makes me think it'll be the next FFVII in terms of greatness. I'm not sure. Something just tells me it's going to rock to grand proportions.

On the other hand it resembles FFVIII a lot (the gunblade, the city that looks like Esthar with a similar travel system, etc) so it could go either way

Yep, new girl = Cloud. Mwahahaha

Please don't double post. Use the 'edit' button instead. - Miriel

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane

Yep, new girl = Cloud. Mwahahaha
    So you're saying that 40% of caucasians are twins too??? They all look the same to me.

Anyway, shouldn't Cloud be the one to blame, he abviously has a female jaw

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Cloudane, I *so* agree with you.

It's funny though, cause I think this girl looks more manly than Cloud.

*starts crying* it's buteaful =p

anyway, most of it will (sadley) be changed SOMEWERE in production...

but it was cool!
    I LIVE!!!!! AGAIN!

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yuffie the Dragon Ninja
    I WANT THAT GAME

Gosh she does look like Cloud!

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

Cloud? In the alternative universe where everything is backwards? (nearly dies laughing imagining Cloud in a dress)

And what's wth the startrooper?

I am speculating from the trailer that..
    1. if the battle after the train happened in real time, then (a) there's gonna be some time-tweaking features or abilities, or (b) there are hyperspeed skills/items to be used.
    2. from the looks of it, the storyline should be somewhat like a rebellion/oppression situation.
    3. on the train, the lead girl does some Matrix-like moves. Will there be jumping? If there is, then YESS!!! (I completely hated the X2 jumping scheme, I couldn't get to that treaure chest in besaid but we're off topic.)
    4. she DOES resemble cloud. However, the area looks nothing like Midgar, so a story set in a different time era in Midgar is unlikely... Or is it?

Whatever happens, I hope square doesn't mess up the arrival dates again like its done for Xii...

If darkness does not exist, then neither will the light. If light does not shine, then we will not know the meaning of darkness. Neither can exist without knowledge of the other.

At the end, her left eye looks like it starts to tweak out.

Anyway, yeah, it's a pretty video, but until there's some more concrete facts about it, I wouldn't get too excited.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Might aswell post tis here.

I found the same trailer on another FF forum, but it's didnt play properly,
    so i reduced the res and changed format and it's in high quality.

Also the video in in High Definiton, so nothin goes a miss.

Final Fantasy XIII Trailer

Enjoy

Well hopefully they will put chocobos in there...someplace...somehow.

But seriously it does look like a great game. Graphics are M3G4L337H4X0R. Hopefully the gameplay will be too (shudders at FFX-2 battle system)