Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The trailer can be viewed here on YouTube

I think we all know that its just Midgar in the near future, and that Cloud knocked up Squall, I mean Tifa. Now its time for Cloudette to kick some ass while her clothes become skimpery and skimpery. Also, it clears up that fact that, Final Fantasy does take place in the Star Wars Universe as Cloudette and Rebels ban together to destroy the Death Star.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Holy sh- crap, that was god damn fircking amazing.

George Lucas is gonna have Nomura's ass for this. Hehehehehe.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

I like the female character design.
    She has pink hair.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Considering the girl has a pinkish creamy color, and cloud is blonde, I don't think they look alike, that picture of the girl is edited(hair wise) to make it look more like cloud.

As for the trailer, watching it again and paying more attention to it is amazing, that battle system seems very unique. The seemed to have put the old battle system(choosing a command(like fire, fire II, attack, etc) and add in an active motion "fighting scene" instead of taking turns fighting back and forth, however, that could just be a special scene and the battle system could be completely different, but you can still hope I suppose.

The game reminds me of SO:3, "aerial" attack, and the other attack that hit all surrounding enemies, which is when the screen showed a bunch of numbers with "combo", basically, as probably most of you know, there is area attacks, but not just with magic(since we haven't really seen much magic attacks yet) but with kicks and physical type things, which is pretty cool.

Apparently, from what I could see in the trailer, she used a physical attack, and then combined it with "fire" which then spread out with melee contact on her weapon and did the "combo" attack hitting all near targets. So, if I had to guess, I would say the battle system combines options and makes them much more "realistic" so you can basically make your own combos, much like a fighting type game.

Example: Attack > Ice = melee attack with an ice attack hitting all near targets
    Attack > Fire = melee attack with an ice attack hitting all near targets(from the trailer)

I watched it yet again to try and gather some more details about the battle system, though there is no definate facts given from the creators, its fine to assume things for now.

What I noticed this time is there is an action type bar

|Attack| |Firaga| |attack| |Vstrike| etc, etc, so.. judging from that, you select options and basically a "movie" plays while you select your actions, depending what you do, things can probably combo, much like in the movie when you see the explosion, which is firaga mixed with either an attack or "vstrike". What happens if you don't insert a command before the "action bar" has another choice to use? I'm not sure, maybe its already pre-set outside of battle and you insert the options you want, say:

|attack| |ice| |aerial| |attack| |ice| |aerial|

and it will continue to use those attacks, however, that seems like it would get quite boring and repeative, so I'm sure there is something I'm not getting, though I'm probably looking into this too much and it is, after all, just a teaser trailer.

Though this is just speculation, and could easily be changed, I would say its safe to assume judging from the movie that this is how the battle system will be, for now.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Graphics: +++
    Music: +++
    Battle System: Looks like a +++

Anyway, it looks freakin' awesome. I really wanna find out who composed that theme. I'm glad that FF finally has a female character that looks respectable, I've been waiting for a character like this since Celes (I liked Tifa alot, but she didn't have the...uh, "I can handle this myself").

Femme Fatale indeed, I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley.

As for the look and feel, it definitely doesn't scream FINAL FANTASY, but a strong departure isn't a bad thing...so long as it retains SOME ff stuff...say Chocobos and Moogles and all the other staples (cid).

The battle system sort of looks like a rail shooter...and if you don't input a command in time maybe you'll stumble/lose pace. It definitely looks interesting.

Yoshtaka Amano <3

FFXIII > FFXII.

wow. it looks so good! can't wait!!!i just watched it with my mouth slity open. lol
    dose any1 no if theres a clip 4 ffv13?, the 1 with the guy in it, man! he's SO HOT!, MINE!!!haha!!
    Photobucket
    cheak out my art at http://missmaxx.deviantart.com/

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I was going to link to a 12 MB version, cause the youtube quality is the suck, but then Russelloyd linked to a much higher quality clip. Not really HD, but better than what I had already.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by ughhis

I like the female character design.
    She has pink hair.

pink hair's the CUTEST thing ever, next to black

cloud is way purdier than that chick!!!!!

I dont really have a huge problem with the female protagonist, but i just hope that thier will be some strong male characters aswell!! I enjoyed x-2 but it lacked male presence, i hope they dont make that mistake again!!!

so far it looks cool!! does look quite futuristic, but i hope that, that will be balanced out by some good ole fashioned magic!!!

verdict: jury still out!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage
    I was going to link to a 12 MB version, cause the youtube quality is the suck, but then Russelloyd linked to a much higher quality clip. Not really HD, but better than what I had already.
    When i found it, the res was in 1200x720, or about that, im not sure but those are the res of High Def vids, so i assumed. I haven't got HD screen, so cant really tell but the quality is so amazing, you can see everything on the video that you basically couldn't see on the youtube one.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Well, at 100%, the video was a bit more than half my screen width, and my resolution is 1280x800 :p, making the video probably 720 pixels wide. I guess that counts as HD, my bad :p. I guess I just assume 1080 or more when I hear "HD". That being said, I sometimes have problems decoding very high def videos propely :p.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Well i found this codec that encodes to HD called "Connect HD" which i can only use for 15 days. I encoded to that which produced the video to 500mb odd, then re-encoded to XVID HD, which kept the detail of when it was using the same HD codec and got it down to that fizesize. When i encoded as normaly before, it was darker than the original, so i like to think it's in HD.

I need to win a HD TV...

The music in the [second] trailer is.... interesting. Kinda FF-ish, still somehow new.
    You don't hear the symphony I hear...

Default more details

head over to, http://ps3.ign.com/articles/708/708994p1.html

there are a few scraps of info that wasn't mentioned at e3! also deres stuff on versus xiii, and the mobile entry!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Anyone notice how theres sparks flying around everytime she lands somewhere?

And I just noticed her gun is like a sort of flick gun/sword, its a gun at first and then flicks into a sword
    Last edited by Croyles; 05-19-2006 at 02:56 PM.