Thread: Chrno Crusade

Default Chrno Crusade

I remember seeing this in manga form last year and didnt think anything of it. But Ive been seeing it around more and did some reasearch on it. Thought it sounded ok, so I purchased the complete series. Ive only watched a couple of episodes so far, but Im really getting into it and enjoying it.
    It does remind me of Hellsing, but it has a comedy factor along with the horror. It hasnt scared me ... yet, so its mainly comedy at the moment. The odd bit of gore, but nothing OTT just yet.

Synopsis:

The story takes place in the year 1920 in the United States of America. Paid to exterminate demons, Chrno and Sister Rosette are professional exorcists from the Magdala Monastery. They travel between various places to prevent demons from taking possession and haunting various things that come from outside the U.S.A.

Im not going to say anymore then that because I myself havent gotten to the huge storyline yet. So far Ive been introduced to afew characters, some weapon names and a flashback. So Im sure its really going to pick up! Sister Rosette is a great comical character, always destorying things and claims it always happens to her! Then we have her "sidekick" Chrno (who is a demon, which is badish, but you can tell hes going to unleash the ownage later on!), who bares a striking resemblence to a young Vincent from FFVII, IMO.

Try and watch an episode or two, its a great anime. As for the manga I may look into purcashing a copy or two!

I own that series, and from what I heard of the MAnga the story will get a drastic change, my favorite character would be Arch Duke Devout. No idea how its spelled, but his is plain awsome.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

I've watched most of the anime. I think there are only about five episodes or so that I haven't seen. I liked it a lot at first, but it progresses sooo slooowly. The story doesn't pick up until episode 15 or so, and I don't really like the way it played out afterward, anyway. Also, I despise the ending! XD

Aside from that, though, I loved the characters. Chrno is adorable! And Aion is pretty with his silver hair. <3<3<3

I've also heard that the manga is completely different...and better.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall banana
    Also, I despise the ending! XD
    The ending is what saved the series in my opinion. A fitting end.

I didn't really care for the series over all. I didn't like how sparatic the earlier episodes were and then how the second half was a more streamlined story.