Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graphics in 1080p!

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

Default Graphics in 1080p!

This is yet to be confirmed, althought sources says it may as well be it.

Resolution TV:

480=TV
    720=TV+1/2
    1080=TVx2.25

I=Interface=30Frame/Seconds
    P=Progressif=60Frame/Seconds

The Highest Display of High-Definition: 1080p.

3 things are happening for it to be real.
    Let's face it, with the PS3 broadband engine with it's massif SCP, Square-Enix White Engine and the importance of this game in the series. Most likely to be in 1080p, have you just seen the graphics!? It's much better than any of the other games out there either it is or isn't. If it isn't, well it's a good excuse for other compagny to say why FFXIII graphics was superior quality.

13 reasons why it will have 1080p.

-PS3 Cell Broadband Engine
    -Square-Enix's White Engine
    -20 years in the making
    -Part of Fabula Nova Crystallis Compelation
    -Square-Enix First PS3 Game
    -PS3 true real RPG (minus Enchanted Arms)
    -PS3 Exclusif
    -First Kitase Game since X-2
    -Next-Gen Game
    -First Next-Gen Final Fantasy
    -First PS3 Final Fantasy
    -Square-Enix's commitment to always push the system to the limits.
    -...Because it's Final Fantasy

Other confirmed titles who will be made in 1080p.
    None (unless Heavenly Sword)
    Heavenly Sword bythe way has a few hundreds of triggers and animation just for her hair!!!!

Released Titles:
    -Lair (Power of the motion sensor, easy to use, if you don't panic)

Let's just hope it happens, it has to happen.
    Until then, TGS.
    Last edited by Hyperion4444; 09-16-2007 at 04:01 AM.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

From your words to Square's ears!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

I'm not sure what difference 1080p is supposed to make, so I'm just gonna keep holding out for TIVs.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Not to mention that the gorgeous graphics we've seen so far are just a work in progress O:

1080p is alotdiffrent from graphics that the cutscences look so realistic...yay!!!
    Do u play rs(runescape)if u do pm me!!!

I don't know. The cutscenes do look beautiful, that's for sure, however games like Heavenly Sword are far more superior... graphics wise.

^Are they really?

What makes you say that?

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

I want to get one of these high quality tv's! Currently I have a regular 25" or 26" tv from 2000, it's just a regular one, not sure what the name of this type is. It's Samsung.

The letters on the screen blur together kinda, it's not sharp. Also, it doesn't have a headphones plus on the front, which I would like.

Currently, if I want a high quality 26" tv(LCD, Plasma, etc) it's gonna costs like $400 or something, not ready to get that yet.

When Final Fantasy XIII comes out, I should probably buy a new tv by that time.

Oh, I think Square's rpg The Last Remnant, which comes out next year in the Spring, is for PS 3. That game probably won't be too important, I checked who was designing the game, no big names really.

Which has better graphic design, FF XIII, or Lost Odyssey? That's close to me so far.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    Oh, I think Square's rpg The Last Remnant, which comes out next year in the Spring, is for PS 3. That game probably won't be too important, I checked who was designing the game, no big names really.
    That's not very logical you know...
    A game doesn't need famous developers to be good,even the famous ones started as unknowns.
    The reviews on Blue Dragon (as you have already mentioned in another topic)weren't very high and they have a "dream team" of developers.

As for the topic,yeah i'll buy a HDTV as soon as i buy a PS3 (not earlier than December 2008).
    For now i'm very happy with my Philips 20" tv.
    A friend of mine has a Thompson 32" LCD,and i can say with all honesty that my lil' tv has a sharper resolution than his

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tidus_rox View Post
    I don't know. The cutscenes do look beautiful, that's for sure, however games like Heavenly Sword are far more superior... graphics wise.
    I saw a piece on HS yesterday and while it does look really amazing with their techniques with facial expressions it doesn't look that much above the few shots we've seen so far of XIII.

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    I'm not sure what difference 1080p is supposed to make, so I'm just gonna keep holding out for TIVs.
    1080p means that the resolution of the picture is 1,920 vertical pixels by 1,080 horizontal pixels and p stands again for progressive scanning. This format works on the same principle as 720p; the only difference is that in this type there are more pixels and the resolution is better.

I guess I'll buy a 1080p Plasma TV some day.

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    1080p means that the resolution of the picture is 1,920 vertical pixels by 1,080 horizontal pixels and p stands again for progressive scanning. This format works on the same principle as 720p; the only difference is that in this type there are more pixels and the resolution is better.

I guess I'll buy a 1080p Plasma TV some day.
    Don't go with Plasma TVs for games, the picture color is off so you can't see all the Beautifull Details (Everyone Says This).
    Go with LCDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifleheim7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    That's not very logical you know...
    A game doesn't need famous developers to be good,even the famous ones started as unknowns.
    The reviews on Blue Dragon (as you have already mentioned in another topic)weren't very high and they have a "dream team" of developers.
    Yeah, I am agree. If everybody only want a senior designer, then there will be no future designers for sure. Know what I mean?

Yea a game can be great with great designers and with unknown designers. My point is that I think if you are in a situation where there are two games coming out that you like, like The Last Remnant and White Knight Story(from Level 5), it's more likely that the game from the proven high quality developers will be better. Remember how when a top game is announced and the development team is announced and it's people who are high skilled and have proven themselves to consistently make great games. That's what I'm talking about. The game The Last Remnant may be great!
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't know about 1080p but I just watched the XIII HD version on my laptop's high def screen and I have to say...

Damn...