Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII x3?

Default Final Fantasy XIII x3?

What's the deal with the 3 FFXIIIs (FFXIII, FF Versus XIII, and FF Agito XIII)?
    The things I could not do yesterday, I shall not fear to attempt today, for I shall never give up on tomorrow. - Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs Crossfire)

FF XIII is the original game for the PS3

FF Versus XIII is the sequel that is completely action based, which is also for PS3

FF Agito XIII is the prequel, which is playable only on cellphones

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

So other than buying a PS3, we're going to have to spend MORE money on these 3 FFs to completely understand FFXIII? Looks like I need to get a job soon...
    The things I could not do yesterday, I shall not fear to attempt today, for I shall never give up on tomorrow. - Alexia Lynn Elesius (Wild ARMs Crossfire)

Quote Originally Posted by Auragaea
    So other than buying a PS3, we're going to have to spend MORE money on these 3 FFs to completely understand FFXIII? Looks like I need to get a job soon...
    Possibly yes

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    FF XIII is the original game for the PS3

FF Versus XIII is the sequel that is completely action based, which is also for PS3

FF Agito XIII is the prequel, which is playable only on cellphones
    Actually, each game takes place in a completely different world, with completely different characters. Though they all share a common mythology.

"FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS, defined in Latin as "the new tale of the crystal," is made up of several different titles based on variations of the FINAL FANTASY XIII universe. However, while each title in the project features different characters, different worlds, and different stories, all are ultimately based on and expand upon a common mythos. "

Knowing that, it's unlikely you'll need to play all 3 games to completely understand FFXIII. If you want to understand FFXIII, then buy FFXIII. If you want to understand Versus, buy Versus. Agito, buy Agito.

I'll certainly end up getting the original Final Fantasy XIII and the sequel, not sure if I'll get the cell phone one though.

I'll get the 2 PS3 games, but am skipping the cell phone game. It also says that it will be a next-generation cell phone game...any idea what that means for a cell phone?
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

Would we even get the cell phone game. Didn't they skimp us on the last one coz our cell phones suck compared to Japan's or something Mirth/Merriment I dunno though.

I'm glad they make these sequels actually... I hated loving their worlds and then not being able to go back for more. I guess thaz just me

I hope Nomura's game will be an Action/Rpg and not just an action game though... But it will most likely be more like Dirge I'd think.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Our mobile phones are not capable of running the software that those games use, I think.

I don't think it would be any big loss to not have these games released.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle
    Our mobile phones are not capable of running the software that those games use, I think.

I don't think it would be any big loss to not have these games released.
    Yeah I'm not really grieving over it myself. Cell Phones game...eh.

But I am interested in the Versus game... I like all the new character designs. Can't wait for people to start making fun of them -_-

Why not have Nomura direct the main XIII title though... they gave it to the director of X-2 aheheh ^.^ Well I liked X-2 actually and I'm sure it will be handled...quite differently.

If they can release KH on a V Cast they can dumb down XIII to out tech standards.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Oh the guy from X-2 is directing it??? Oh dear this game is going downhill. I DO think the game looks good, but it DOES look like FFX-2 style to me, and even FFX-2 LOOKS good as long as you don't play it (to me anyway). Even the music on the trailer sounds like FFX-2. It sounds good by itself, but you just KNOW that the original will be some cheesy japanese pop song that gets played during the game along with the instrumental.
    I want orchestras and stuff!!
    Last edited by Croyles; 05-10-2006 at 01:12 PM.

You will probably get instrumental and it doesn't look to play like X-2 to me.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles
    Oh the guy from X-2 is directing it??? Oh dear this game is going downhill. I DO think the game looks good, but it DOES look like FFX-2 style to me, and even FFX-2 LOOKS good as long as you don't play it (to me anyway). Even the music on the trailer sounds like FFX-2. It sounds good by itself, but you just KNOW that the original will be some cheesy japanese pop song that gets played during the game along with the instrumental.
    I want orchestras and stuff!!
    bah! no concept of story.....

I have nothing else to say.......

dont you think they would have learned the "mistakes" that "fans" pointed out...

it was orchestral combined with various percussions... listen carefully

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Do they listen to fans?