Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xenosaga meets FF8

Default Xenosaga meets FF8

Did anybody get that feel from the trailer? It really looked like Balamb Garden (sp?) to me. None of it seemed very original...

But the graphics were still very sexy.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

No, I didn't. I don't speculate that much, I tend to just want to enjoy the game for what it is instead of critisizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeZipster
    Did anybody get that feel from the trailer? It really looked like Balamb Garden (sp?) to me. None of it seemed very original...

No

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Although ive never played Xenosaga the place DOES look like balamb garden. True, it doesnt look that original, it also looks kind of like X-2 to me, which was a very bad game in my opinion. But I still have high hopes for the game, dismissing it now would be stoooopit

I only played Xenosaga for about 11 hours (loved it, but some of the story was getting difficult to follow), but I noticed how the system it looks like they've chosen for XIII looks similar to Xenosaga's. Xenosaga had a really cool battle system, so this could be awesome.
    Cold in the ground, what gets me this down?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeZipster

Perhaps, but it is only logical that Square-Enix should return to Final Fantasy VIII as inspiration for future RPG's. (It was, after all, far superior to any other FF. )

-LYCHON

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic
    No, I didn't. I don't speculate that much, I tend to just want to enjoy the game for what it is instead of critisizing it.
    I am now in love with you...weird! o.o

Quote Originally Posted by SiberianKiss
    Xenosaga had a really cool battle system, so this could be awesome.
    Well....the first one did.

Doubtless they wont use it, though. Xenosaga is a Namco game. They cant use the battle system. And if they use anything besides the traditional FF system, I'll be pissed. They can tweak it here and there (like they ATB system of IV-IX, X-2) or the CTB (X. BEST in my opinion. I hate being rushed) But they should stick to it. I will forgive them for XII, but if they screw up again. GOOD-BYE! YOU JUST LOST ONE MORE PAYING CUSTOMER!
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

oh my gosh your not very open to differant types of gameplay are ya Acid Raine?

I think they will actually put in a proper platforming system this time (maybe actually being able to fall off edges, as we have seen in the forest scene, which looked extremely original detail wise), and I am a fan of ARTS battle system, or the.... White system as they put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Raine
    I will forgive them for XII, but if they screw up again. GOOD-BYE! YOU JUST LOST ONE MORE PAYING CUSTOMER!
    OH NOES! WHATEVER WILL SQUARE-ENIX DO! ZOMG!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

by the way, the "CTB" isnt a traditional battle system...

Apperanty, the battle system is called stop-fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia Article Final Fantasy XIII
    The battle system is rumored to be called Stop-fusion (whether this is for FFXIII OR FFversusXIII is not known). Stop-fusion consists of the game slowing down so the player can choose your attacks which go into the slots (which can be seen) and then you can either fuse them or let them play out. You then choose people that you want to attack (the type of attack you choose depends on how many people you hit) and then the game plays out the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa
    oh my gosh your not very open to differant types of gameplay are ya Acid Raine?
    Absolutely. Just not for FF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omecle
    OH NOES! WHATEVER WILL SQUARE-ENIX DO! ZOMG!
    -.- the sarcasm.....it burns....
    And besides, I was just being dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa
    by the way, the "CTB" isnt a traditional battle system...
    Sure it is. Its a variation of the ATB, just less rushed. Why do you feel the need to prove me wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuffie The Dragon Ninja
    Apperanty, the battle system is called stop-fusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia Article Final Fantasy XIII
    The battle system is rumored to be called Stop-fusion (whether this is for FFXIII OR FFversusXIII is not known). Stop-fusion consists of the game slowing down so the player can choose your attacks which go into the slots (which can be seen) and then you can either fuse them or let them play out. You then choose people that you want to attack (the type of attack you choose depends on how many people you hit) and then the game plays out the attack.
    O_O sounds.......confusing
    Last edited by Acid Raine; 05-11-2006 at 05:16 PM.
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

I didn't really see any Balamb Garden in the trailer....more FFX-2 though....
    [leeza]Sig filesize limit is 50 kb.[/leeza]

Final Fantasy has been different with each new Number for like 12 years now >_> I'm amazed with every single game people still go "That battle system is too risky, it's not Final Fantasy at all!" or "The world is too different, not FF!"

They're all...different o.o Why is it still suprising people.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 05-12-2006 at 01:46 AM.