Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xenosaga meets FF8

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Stop fusion kind of sounds to me like the Legaia system in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver
    Final Fantasy has been different with each new Number for like 12 years now >_> I'm amazed with every single game people still go "That battle system is too risky, it's Final Fantasy at all!" or "The world is too different, not FF!"

They're all...different o.o Why is it still suprising people.
    QUOTED FOR DAMN TRUTH

You tell 'em L.Weaver!

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver
    Final Fantasy has been different with each new Number for like 12 years now >_> I'm amazed with every single game people still go "That battle system is too risky, it's Final Fantasy at all!" or "The world is too different, not FF!"

They're all...different o.o Why is it still suprising people.
    Agreed.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Yuffie the Dragon Ninja
    Apperanty, the battle system is called stop-fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia Article Final Fantasy XIII
    The battle system is rumored to be called Stop-fusion (whether this is for FFXIII OR FFversusXIII is not known). Stop-fusion consists of the game slowing down so the player can choose your attacks which go into the slots (which can be seen) and then you can either fuse them or let them play out. You then choose people that you want to attack (the type of attack you choose depends on how many people you hit) and then the game plays out the attack.
    I'm down. Sounds good.
    Cold in the ground, what gets me this down?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Raine
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa
    oh my gosh your not very open to differant types of gameplay are ya Acid Raine?
    Absolutely. Just not for FF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omecle
    OH NOES! WHATEVER WILL SQUARE-ENIX DO! ZOMG!
    -.- the sarcasm.....it burns....
    And besides, I was just being dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa
    by the way, the "CTB" isnt a traditional battle system...
    Sure it is. Its a variation of the ATB, just less rushed. Why do you feel the need to prove me wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuffie The Dragon Ninja
    Apperanty, the battle system is called stop-fusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia Article Final Fantasy XIII
    The battle system is rumored to be called Stop-fusion (whether this is for FFXIII OR FFversusXIII is not known). Stop-fusion consists of the game slowing down so the player can choose your attacks which go into the slots (which can be seen) and then you can either fuse them or let them play out. You then choose people that you want to attack (the type of attack you choose depends on how many people you hit) and then the game plays out the attack.
    O_O sounds.......confusing
    its not a variation of atb as it isnt actively timed in the slightest way (maybe except for some of the overdrives) its more passive then anything.

its 80% differant, see, tisnt traditional.

:sweatdrop did you need to quote the entire thing just to say that?

And I'm sure its pretty different, but not 80%. It still has the three people on one side, the enemy on the other, it still has the basic layout for the command menus, and it is still turn based. But instead of a little bar filling up, it is a preset order. 80%? Are you sure?

And DUH it isnt ACTIVE timed, henced why they replaced the A with a C.

I'll ask my question again, since you seemed to ignore it: Why do you feel the need to prove me wrong?
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

And I'm sure its pretty different, but not 80%. It still has the three people on one side, the enemy on the other, it still has the basic layout for the command menus, and it is still turn based. But instead of a little bar filling up, it is a preset order. 80%? Are you sure?

I'll ask my question again, since you seemed to ignore it: Why do you feel the need to prove me wrong?
    XD! Your immense Teh Awesome leaves us with no choice but to prove you wrong until our keyboards break or we fall over into awkward death X_x'

I think this one new one looks faaast. And I like fast. I like that you can finally see the enemies on screen and not be in a line too, though ;/. It makes it more realistic to me. Like with XII, it doesn't look turn-based, but it still is. They hit you, you hit them, they die, you heal, and ride off into the sunset with your chocobo named Billy. Same ol' thing but with less loading.

So I betcha XIII will be more turnish then it looks. Maybe... I dunno o.o

And CTB totally pwned everybody with a big ass P on top... *slithers away*

Blog Entries

ZOMG! It's a girl! I'm sure it'll be exactly like FFX-2 now.

As for the futuristic look, it doesn't seem like FFVIIIs take on the future. In FF8, we see lots of bright colours and glowing auras...I dunno if I'm making sense or not...but it's rather...tranquil futurism. Whereas in FF13, we're seeing a much grittier, more metallic kind of future. It seems more mechanical overall.

The trailer didn't really remind me of anything, actually. It seemed pretty exciting and original to me. And the last thing it would ever remind me of is FFX-2. The main girl did not look like she would be bursting into a pop song and dance anytime soon. Overall, it seems way too dark to harbor any Yunap*loozas.

I'll just quote you to be trendy.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Reminds me of Grandia III's system, sort of.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

>_> I dont.

I am not proving anything wrong.

well, actually if we go off topic yes I am, but now I am sticking to the topic so yeah,

Stop fusion kind of sounds to me like the Legaia system in real time.
    Agreed and if thats 100% correct, this game is on my must have list after all.

Something in those scans kinda reminded me of Esthar...
    You don't hear the symphony I hear...

Quote Originally Posted by Kamrusepas
    Something in those scans kinda reminded me of Esthar...
    Make Vector look alittle dirtier and cluttered, throw in some Mako factory with a dash of Esthar and you got that place.