Thread: Deleted Songs

Default Deleted Songs

I've heard that there were some songs that were going to be added to Final Fantasy 2 like an Airship song and a different Battle song.

How many songs were deleted from FF2? Could someone make a list of all of them and link me to all the songs?

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Shop: Unreleased because FFII revised shops so they no longer have their own music. Sounds vaguely similar in tone to FFI's shop theme.

Airship: Probably left out to save space. Sounds a lot like FFI's airship theme.

Battle 3: Most likely to be used for important boss battles. Sounded a lot like Battle 2. Probably left out to save space.

Dungeon 2: Probably left out to save space, but was actually used in FFVI's soundtrack for Owzer's house (disc 3 track 10).

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Shop: Unreleased because FFII revised shops so they no longer have their own music. Sounds vaguely similar in tone to FFI's shop theme.

Airship: Probably left out to save space. Sounds a lot like FFI's airship theme.

Battle 3: Most likely to be used for important boss battles. Sounded a lot like Battle 2. Probably left out to save space.

Dungeon 2: Probably left out to save space, but was actually used in FFVI's soundtrack for Owzer's house (disc 3 track 10).
    Weren't there more?

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

No

Banned

Actually, here's the lost Airship Theme:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console...es/ff2jair.mid

*COPY & PASTE*

Not too special, IMHO.
    At times it's pretty good, but kinda bad on some places as well.