Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Da Vinci Code

Articles

To quote another movie that was steeped in religious controversy:

"I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. Life should malleable and progressive; working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can't generate. Life becomes stagnant."

Anyway, I finally started reading the book earlier tonight and read it for about five hours straight. It's pretty interesting stuff when taken with a grain of salt.

I am going to see it - rather excited too. Though, I hear the critics are already claiming it lacks the spark the book had - but meh. It should be good.

Bipper

What spark? The book was terrible. And so is the movie, apparently.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Spiff speaks the truth.

The book was bland, the movie is apparently even worse and it's getting reviews akin to Alexander which isn't remotely near a good thing.

I'm curious to see how the fanboys will react to the movie. I'm thinking that even after watching it and cringing through the film, they exit the theater applauding the movie and then go onto internet forums and defend this adaptation of their book to the death.

Apparently Ian McKellen was really great in his role though. The only character who managed to be interesting. But he's always brilliant so that's not a surprise.

I saw a review giving it 2 stars, meh. Guess its all hype then.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

The movie was excellent, very well done. Under rated, the problem was the 12A rating, they could of put more stuff in if it was a 15 or something.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Saw it today, while its not going to convince me of anything it was a terrific movie. Good plot, great Idea behind the story, but really just a story. Whether or not the PSion people exist or if Jesus was married is irrelevant, the point is it was very fun to watch.

Looks pretty boring, personally. I would only see it for Audrey Tautou and Ian McKellen.
    Last edited by Aurey; 05-20-2006 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    Just because the church freaked out, it doesn't mean it's true.
    Seriously, why should they totally freak out unless they are worried about Catholics rejecting their faith and believing that. They could have said what a load of rubbish and just claim it as blashemy. But instead they tried to ban it, making more people, including Catholics, want to read it more. If they have gotten so hot and bothered about the subject, why not ban "Holy Grail, Holy Blood" which gave the idea to DB in the first place?

In the end it's still just a fiction book. End of story.
    I've come to be forgiven. "You show me how to see, that nothing is whole and nothing is broken..."

I like how quickly this thread turned into a debate over the Da Vinci Code book.

Compared to the book, the movie sucked... a lot. If you read the book and went to see the movie (like myself) it will be disappointing.

The Hardcore Gentleman Emerald weapon's Avatar

i saw it today and theres nothing really to start a rukus about,yeah sure its a great film but the whole plot about Jesus's son and mary magdaline is not really convincing to get people to belive that jesus was just a great prophet and not the son of god

In the end it's still just a fiction book. End of story.
    Dont just quote me here. And dont go with its all fiction stuff. Yeah its fiction, but if people want to dive deeper what business is that of yours?

It annoyed me with all the false acusations of Paganism being Devil-Worship ... I'll never see Godzilla in the same way because of that guy.
    my real name begins with a"W"