Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Main Character?

Quote Originally Posted by al-bhed_kid0827 View Post
    Don't assume that her name is Lightning just because it says so on the screen.For all we know,that could just be the name of an attack she is about to perform.

Until Square-Enix actually confirms her name...We're pretty much in the dark,drowning in a sea of fan-speculation...
    No, her attack power is (if you see carefullly in those blue looking thingys) it says fire, so I'm pretty sure her name is Lightning. Also said in WiKi but for those who don't beleive in WiKi then the pic explains all

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

This should be in the game for all characters...

Enter Hero Name: __________

Hopefully, there won't just be one main character. (You could switch the main character if you don't like him... like FFX.)

There has been a release of a FFXIII Versus trailer(Or so I've read on the internet...), unfortunatly, it's only for reviewers.

And Lightning is the name of the Climax... (Many types of Climax, this one is Lightning Speed.)
    Normally, your name is right beside your health bar, sorry...
    Although, if it were a spell, wouldn't it be Thunder??
    In this case, it's not a spell. (Fire is a spell ''the fire ball she throws just after her runaway'')
    Last edited by Hyperion4444; 08-23-2006 at 06:51 PM.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion4444 View Post
    You could switch the main character if you don't like him... like FFX.
    ...What?
    jkhkjg

Hopefully, there won't just be one main character. (You could switch the main character if you don't like him... like FFX.)

There has been a release of a FFXIII Versus trailer(Or so I've read on the internet...), unfortunatly, it's only for reviewers.

And Lightning is the name of the Climax... (Many types of Climax, this one is Lightning Speed.)
    In this case, it's not a spell. (Fire is a spell ''the fire ball she throws just after her runaway'')
    umm...wait...who's right?

I don't think they would call her 'Thunder', maybe the Japanese version for thunder.

Hey I just noticed something. Why is the game in English?

When i 1st saw the trailer i was like "wtf!? why it in english" aswell
    Mods hate me because they know they'll never be as cooll as me!

Too many FFXIIIs. The chick from the trailer looks awesome though. But yeah, she's deffinitely doing lightning attacks. I don't think its her name. Before she blows up a ton of people you can see a bunch of lightning. So I'm guessing she's using both lightning and fire in some way. Which is why they're both shown in that screencap. As for the dude in Versus. Deffinitely dude. Deffinitely femenine. As per Japanese cliche. Doesn't really surprise me. It does make him look more emo and less badass though. He's like a dark haired whiney brat with too much power. But we'll see how it's actually pulled off

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vaincast View Post

umm...wait...who's right?

Sorry for the confusion.

Some People said that Lightning was her spell, but the Thunder spell is Thunder, this attack she uses is a Strike (as seen or your screen)
    You see, the name Lightning is the name of the ''Strike'' that changes the climax for normal to Lightning Speed.

The name Lightning is the name of the Climax.

But hell, I didn't play the game yet, and I could be totally wrong on this.
    If that's the case, my most profond sincere appologies to you.

(If you very closely, you will see the selected spell is fire, under that is Blizzard, and then there's the spell Thunder, a bit hard to see.)

As I was saying, I hope they show us the other characters.

And By the Way, I don't hate Tidus. He's almost always in my party, it just when you are training the other characters and there's someone at level 100 that you can't change, it because a hassel a bit since you can only train 2 more.
    And to continue with that, I said ''if you don't like him/her'', not ''if I don't like him/her''. Ok?

As for the climax, I think there may be more of them...
    like ex: Inferno or Flames, boost the damage inflicted on enemies.
    Artic or Blizzard, freezes your opponents.
    ect.

But, they only said about what you saw in the trailler, so again, I can't be sure about this.
    Square-Enix sure do know how to build anticipations!
    Last edited by Hyperion4444; 08-24-2006 at 03:55 PM.

The, enter hero name, is going to be hard to do.
    When you think that they must do voice over for the names.
    I know it be great.
    But it may end up like Tidus.

''Tidus!''
    replaced by:
    ''Hey, Kid!''

Female version of Cloud...
    Wait, there was a male version of him???

I'm just joking! I'm just saying that 'that' girl looks nothing like Cloud. Cloud starts off as insensitive snob who cares nothing else beside cash. Ends up wanting to save the world...
    Q: Did he succeeded?
    A: Did the meteor Fell?
    I don't hate Cloud, I just think he's highly overated... is all.