Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official FFXIII: Fabula Nova Crystallis Thread

Default Official FFXIII: Fabula Nova Crystallis Thread

FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS

An all new project comprising of multiple titles spanning multiple systems including the PLAYSTATION®3 system and mobile phones

This latest project in the multi-platinum FINAL FANTASY series will encompass the simultaneous development of original titles for numerous platforms including the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and mobile phones.

GO TO PAGE TWO ON THIS FORUM FOR SCAN PICTURES!

One myth, countless stories
    FINAL FANTASY XIII

The New Tale of the Crystal
    Like the light that shines through the Crystal,
    the universe shines with multi-colored content.

To celebrate the 13th title in the world-renowned FINAL FANTASY series, Square Enix has undertaken a colossal project involving the development of various content for multiple platforms.

FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS, defined in Latin as "the new tale of the crystal," is made up of several different titles based on variations of the FINAL FANTASY XIII universe. However, while each title in the project features different characters, different worlds, and different stories, all are ultimately based on and expand upon a common mythos.

P.S. All the names that are bolded and underlined after this are the games in the series! all info that follows these titles are ads and info for the game!

NEW FEATURES:
    "Gravity
    In a developer interview, Motomu Toriyama stated that the E3 Trailer shows what is known as the 'Gravity Bomb', known as the spell 'Gravity' in previous games. Presumably, it refers to the electrical energy field that surrounds the young woman shown in the trailer. It has some unique properties by allowing her to defy gravity, as well as allowing her to use it as a weapon.

Graphics
    The game runs on the White Engine, an all-new exclusive next-gen engine built for Square Enix's future games. It was originally planned for the PlayStation 2 but was later moved to the PlayStation 3. Realistic CGI cutscenes can be created using this engine, and the quality of these cutscene sequences has never been achieved before on the PlayStation 2 or the PlayStation.

Online Option
    While players will still get to experience Final Fantasy XIII as an offline game, Yoshinori Kitase has stated in the developer interview that players will also get to play Final Fantasy XIII online as well"-wikipedia!

FF XIII

This eagerly anticipated title takes full advantage of the PlayStation 3 system's advanced hardware, providing tangible, intuitive controls while delivering seamless transitions between real-time gameplay and stunning in-game cinematics. The latest in cutting-edge technology has been utilized in development of FINAL FANTASY XIII, thus making this newest addition to the FINAL FANTASY series worthy of the title "next generation."

New Gunblade!

New battle system! now the battle is live!

*This title is not yet concept approved by Sony Computer Entertainment America

Key Development Staff
    Director: Motomu Toriyama (FINAL FANTASY VII, FINAL FANTASY X, FINAL FANTASY X-2)
    Character designer: Tetsuya Nomura (FINAL FANTASY V~VIII, FINAL FANTASY X, FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN, KINGDOM HEARTS)
    Art director: Isamu Kamikokuryo (FINAL FANTASY X, FINAL FANTASY XII)
    Main programmer: Kazumi Kobayashi (CHRONO TRIGGER, XENOGEARS, CHORONO CROSS, FINAL FANTASY XI)
    Movie director: Eiji Fujii (FINAL FANTASY: The Spirits Within, FINAL FANTASY XII)
    Main theme: Nobuo Uematsu, SMILE PLEASE Co., LTD. (FINAL FANTASY series)
    Composer: Masashi Hamauzu (FINAL FANTASY X, DIRGE of CERBERUS -FINAL FANTASY VII-)
    Producer: Yoshinori Kitase (FINAL FANTASY series)

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII for PlayStation 3 system
    Harmony is realized in this alternate tale of FINAL FANTASY XIII

Not a merely a sequel, but a wholly independent story unfolding in a different world with different characters. This title will appear alongside FINAL FANTASY XIII on the PlayStation 3 system.

When coupled with FINAL FANTASY XIII, FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII completes the core of the FABULA NOVA CRYSTALLIS Project.

*This title is not yet concept approved by Sony Computer Entertainment America

Key Development Staff
    Director & Character designer: Tetsuya Nomura (FINAL FANTASY V~VIII, FINAL FANTASY X, FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN, KINGDOM HEARTS)
    Movie director: Takeshi Nozue (FINAL FANTASY IX, FINAL FANTASY X, FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN, KINGDOM HEARTS)
    Composer: Yoko Shimomura (LEGEND OF MANA, Parasite EVE, KINGDOM HEARTS)
    Producer: Shinji Hashimoto

FINAL FANTASY Agito XIII

The CAST!

FINAL FANTASY Agito XIII for Mobile Phones
    Yet another facet of FINAL FANTASY XIII

FINAL FANTASY Agito XIII arrives as an entirely separate entity for mobile phones, offering players easy on-the-go access to the FINAL FANTASY XIII universe. Utilizing gameplay functions only available through mobile phones, this title provides players with a unique take on a story accessible anywhere their real-life adventures may take them.

Key Development Staff
    Director: Hajime Tabata (BEFORE CRISIS -FINAL FANTASY VII-)
    Character designer: Tetsuya Nomura (FINAL FANTASY V~VIII, FINAL FANTASY X, FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN, KINGDOM HEARTS)
    Art director: Yusuke Naora (FINAL FANTASY VII, FINAL FANTASY VIII, FINAL FANTASY X) Composer: Takeharu Ishimoto (BEFORE CRISIS -FINAL FANTASY VII-)
    Producer: Kousei Ito (BEFORE CRISIS -FINAL FANTASY VII-)

All this info was from the official na SE site at the e3 section!
    Last edited by nirojan; 06-14-2006 at 01:12 AM.

Im officially excited about new Final Fantasy games.

Holy crap, yes!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Well hot diggidy damn. SE's got my attention.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

My opinions about the staff:

Director: Motomu Toriyama vs. Tetsuya Nomura - Based on the list of their games, either director could do well.

Character designer: Tetsuya Nomura vs. Tetsuya Nomura - I think Nomura will be the clearly better character designer here.

Art director: Isamu Kamikokuryo vs. ??? - We'll see, although I'm not really impressed by the list of Kamikokuryo's games.

Main programmer: Kazumi Kobayashi vs. ??? - Again, we'll seel, although the only impressive game by Kobayashi's list is Chrono Trigger.

Movie director: Eiji Fujii vs. Takeshi Nozue - Nozue's easily better, IMHO. I wasn't really impressed by TSW's cinematics or FFXII's FMVs, while Nozue has done cinematics for FFIX, AC and KH.

Composer: Masashi Hamauzu (main theme by Nobuo Uematsu) vs. Yoko Shimomura - Shimomura, IMHO. Hamauzu's work in FFX didn't feel anything to good, and from what I've heard of the samples so far, the same for DoC soundtrack. Shimomura usually makes good music, and her work in the KH series is great.

Producer: Yoshinori Kitase (FFVIII, FFX, FFX-2, DoC) vs. Shinji Hashimoto (KH series, AC) - *looks at Kitase's list... gulp!* I think Hashimoto's past work is more impressive, although Kitase has worked on more games.

With all this comparison, I might actually look more forward to FF vs. XIII than the actual FFXIII.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle
    Holy crap, yes!

I haven't been this excited for a new FF game since FF IX

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

There's so much to look forward to with what Squenix is throwing at us. Not only am I still on a major high and looking forward to FFXII, but now FFXIII! AWESOME! Can't wait!
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

wow i didn't know how much hype and anticipation was building around these 3 games! But fureal! Which game are u looking forward to the most?

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

im lookin forward to all of them, but if you asked me my favourite(so far) id choose FF vs XIII

alright i added new pictures and made the old one HUGE! Good quality now!

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Plenty of school girls, it seems.
    Last edited by Meat Puppet; 06-29-2006 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Puppet
    what do u mean? where are there school girls?

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat Puppet
    what do u mean? where are there school girls?