Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: Official FFXIII: Fabula Nova Crystallis Thread

Chocobo

just had to bring it up:
    ARE THERE 3 NEW CHARACTER OR ARN'T THERE?
    ive read both threads and it soo damn confusing!

Just a little reminder, we're only a day or so away from the Demo releasing in Japan. My pre-order status for the ACC+Demo is at 'Preparing'.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Was reading Playstation Magazine and they had an article on FFXIII. Here's a few new things I've learned about the game. WARNING!!! THAR' BE SPOILERS IN THESE POSTS!!! ARGH!!!

The jungle stage we've seen with Obera moving through is actually a part of Cocoon...

Obera skips when she runs

Lightning's "Gravity" power is a leftover from her days in PSICOM. Its not connected to her I'Cie powers.

Sahz is apparently an ex-soldier like Lightning

Apparently the bulk of the story takes place in Cocoon while the majority of Pulse may in fact be optional.

Pulse is open ended with lots of life and scenery a la FFXII...

Cocoon can be seen in the sky orbiting Pulse as you travel in game and its quite visually stunning I must say from just viewing the screenshots.

Lots of effort was put into the visuals of the game, especially the battle system.

The team hints to there being more crystals than just the two that control Cocoon and Pulse.

The Fa'Ciel are hinted by the team to be beings that serve the crystal and are simialr to the Shinto belief in Kami. By this, there are innumerable Fa'Ciel and each only controls one aspect of the Crystals power and governs part of its dominion.

In addition to each having differnt powers and places they govern, the monsters are said to be different depending on which Fa'Ciel territory you are in. The Behemoth seen in the demo is created by the Cocoon Fa'Ciel and looks mechanical while the Pulse Behomth will be wild and more "natural" looking.

I'Ciel are people chosen by the Fa'Ciel to perform a specific task. They are given several abilites, summons being one of them...

When the Shiva sister tansforms into a bike, an input command takes the place of the normal command screen and different control inputs make them do different things. (sounds like the flyer for one of them new sex robots)

The team has hinted that Odin (Lightning's Summon) will transform in a very simialr manner to Shiva. Playstaion Magazine specualtes Odin transforms into a Cyborg Sleipner for Lightning to ride into battle.

You will not be able to control your whole party in the beginning of the game. It will be unlocked as time goes by.

Your party A.I. can set up follow ups and cover for for your lead character. This usually happens randomly but the XIII team hints there is a way to get the A.I. to do what you want without manually switching control to them...

Overall, I'm a bit pleased with the new gameplay details and the world details are incredibly fascinating, I just wish I didn't know in the back of my mind that the Fa'Ciel are probably going to look incredibly stupid to fit in with the games world design. I'm still smacking my head in disbelief concerning the Summons "Action Vehicle Mode". It sounds even more ridiculous now...

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    xD

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

You will not be able to control your whole party in the beginning of the game. It will be unlocked as time goes by.

Not to seem overly nostalgic, but I kind of miss actually playing the JRPGs I buy.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Depends on how they do it, I actually missed having good A.I. partners in Persona 4 and found doing commands manually to slow down combat...

Yet, I completely understand where you are coming from.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Excuse me while I roar with laughter. People complained the gambits from XII took away your control over your party, and now XIII comes along with AI party members and no gambits (that we know of, yet). Yet I bet that those who complained about the gambits will love this game anyway, because it's "a true Final Fantasy" or some such thing.

Or perhaps, there will be those who will be disappointed with the even further reduced control.

In the end, I lol'd, for it IS funny, in an ironic way.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

"The game is being tuned so that individual battles are tough and you won't win unless you think."

"You will not be able to control your whole party in the beginning of the game. It will be unlocked as time goes by."

Finally found the quote I was looking for. I don't see how they can tune a heavily AI reliant game to involve allot of thought on your part. Having a computer think for you is kind of the polar opposite in fact.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know, I felt the Gambit system allowed a lot for the players input. It really spoiled me cause now when I play games with A.I. I really wish I could modify their scripts.

From what I've been reading, XIII is sounding a bit more like Star Ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    xD
    Unfortunately, this is taken out of context. The actually magazine article says the Oebra skips through puddles in the jungle section on Cocoon. When I read it, I was under the impression that the skipping was part of a cutscene intro to the area, not her activity the entire time. She might skip throughout the game, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Damn it.

Just an update"

apparetly there's a new fragrance:
    Final Fantasy XIII Toilet Water is Coming Soon - final fantasy XII - Kotaku

and who remembers those crappy drink from FF7? well they're back for XIII:
    Final Fantasy XIII Drink Dated - final fantasy XII - Kotaku

PS. cant believe this thread lasted for 4 years!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I wonder what if elixirs taste like soda? Either way I have to get one because it comes with a figurine.