Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Official FFXIII: Fabula Nova Crystallis Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan

Well ff7: dc the lost chapter is gonna make it here from a company called amp'd. So they might have another agreement with amp'd or another company! We know that some mobile games might not make it here!
    I think ts called the lost episode!
    I wonder whch of the three ffXiii games will be released first? and the others in which order?
    "The last face you see before the world comes crumbling around you"

These games are hopefully going to w1n. I ain't buying the mobile one though. Hell no.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffing cheese on msn
    SEAN BEAN IS AMAZING.
    Lameshout: Lamers That Matter

Why not, it'll be like having ffxiii with you everywehere you go!

There are two reasons: I hate mobile games, because I don't see why you would want to play games on a mobile when you could have a PSP, and two because I don't like downloading them and stuff like that. And plus by the looks of it, it will be severly lacking, if the characters are anything to go by.
    SEAN BEAN IS AMAZING.

Quote Originally Posted by drunkymonkey
    There are two reasons: I hate mobile games, because I don't see why you would want to play games on a mobile when you could have a PSP, and two because I don't like downloading them and stuff like that. And plus by the looks of it, it will be severly lacking, if the characters are anything to go by.
    There's also the PRICE as well.
    Im talking about if your a teen and don't have a decent cell.
    1. you gotta get a cell
    2. you gotta get the phonecompany with the game (that'd be amp'd in this case)
    3. you gotta buy the game
    4. you gotta pay for the account monthly(unless you got "pay as you go")

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth45
    1. you gotta get a cell
    Im correcting the red statement:
    Amp'd is the phone company for ffvii:dc the lost episode!
    the agreement for the mobile game in fabula hasn't been made yet!
    Last edited by nirojan; 07-05-2006 at 01:21 AM.

still, it's like paying all the money just to play a game on a super small screen with rather bad control system. I like the sound of the plot and all just not the cell phone part. I don't even have a cellphone and i don't want one (odd, yes) good thing it's not going to be out in awhile. I might change my mind after a few years

1. you gotta get a cell
    Well, I am a teen and I have a crap phone from 2003 (seems funny, doesn't it?), so it's a bit of a bugger for me.
    SEAN BEAN IS AMAZING.

1. you gotta get a cell
    Well, I am a teen and I have a crap phone from 2003 (seems funny, doesn't it?), so it's a bit of a bugger for me.
    Just get a $0 phone with a plan, no really and get 'pay a you go'!
    Dont worry you'll pay nothing and if you want you can later get another plan depending on how much you make and your minutes!
    sorry for going offtopic!

1. you gotta get a cell
    Dont worry you'll pay nothing and if you want you can later get another plan depending on how much you make and your minutes!
    Bleh. I don't have much money at the minute. Besides, I am saving up for WoW: Burning Crusade.
    SEAN BEAN IS AMAZING.

1. you gotta get a cell
    Bleh. I don't have much money at the minute. Besides, I am saving up for WoW: Burning Crusade.
    Off topic: Wow this could keep going!
    On topic: SE should stop releasing mobile games. In Japan i heard that ff7:BC is doing alright! not as great as they expected though! Because NA does not use those high tech phones the new mobile games coming will have less graphics and less capabilities! Therefore this mobile game (if it gets released in NA) wont have that great graphics so don't get too worked up about it!

1. you gotta get a cell
    Off topic: Wow this could keep going!
    On topic: SE should stop releasing mobile games. In Japan i heard that ff7:BC is doing alright! not as great as they expected though! Because NA does not use those high tech phones the new mobile games coming will have less graphics and less capabilities! Therefore this mobile game (if it gets released in NA) wont have that great graphics so don't get too worked up about it!
    I find mobile games to be pretty pointless. Especially when you have handheld consoles that are far more capable and with their controls more suited to the job.
    SEAN BEAN IS AMAZING.

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

i think SE is milking this series for all its worth....im looking forward to FF13 but i think this could be another cashcow FF10-2 i had high expectations of FF10-2 and look what it did to us!!!!!

Lightning Fast Speed! Hyperion4444's Avatar

Hey. Here's some more info about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by OPM

13 things you should know about FFXIII on the PS3.

1- Of the many teams within Square-Enix, which one was tasked with creating the first next-gen Final Fantasy? Why, the same folks who made the previous '' new Final Fantasy title for the next generation of Playstation''! Namely, the team behind Final Fantasy X for the PS2.

2- Producer Yoshinori Kitase outlines FFXIII's basic concept as the ''formal evolution of Final Fantasy. In FFX, we tried to conclude and wrap up the traditionnal RPG. In this game, we'd like to show the next form of RPGs. To be more specific, in the traditional RPG, the game flow is pretty the same: You go into a town, talk to people, go out of town, and enter battles. We want to start looking at that flow and revolutionize it in a way that it may surprise people to learn that this is a Final Fantasy game. I'm thinking it will be an extraordinary new form in RPGs.''

3- Director Motomu Toriyama on his experience in creating FFX and applying that experiences to FFXIII: ''We learned how to exceed and evolve the portrayal of the dramatic essence by showing the small changes in expression and emotions from what we did on FFX. I would be lying if I said we would be able to go back to the PS2 after creating the FFVII technical demo for the PS3''.

4- To that end, here's what we heard about the combat system: it's still good ol' Active-Time Battle ''Bar'' (ATB), except it's been tweaked to be even more faster and a bit more ''actiony'' (as indicated by the trailer). The development team also cryptically mentioned the use of an ''added time axis,'' which could mean anything from timing button presses that pull off special attacks to abilities that alter time within battle.

5- Another big factor in the combat system is the use of the vertical axis. Notice that gray thing on the heroine's finger? That controls gravity. You (or she) snaps it on and off effortlessly. Combine her ability to control gravity with her acrobatics, and you can see how vertical position in combat is now more important than the previous FF titles.

6- Weapon desing is being handled by Tetsu Tsukamoto, who worked on the costumew design fo FFX-2. His experience in creating multiple costume changes for the FFX-2 girls probably helped in desinging a gun that transforms into a sword.

7- Kitase on the game engine: ''A team of experts was formed to develop a special engine with a vast array of elements capable of handling cinematics, advanced audio processing, graphics-engine physics calculation, and special effects rendering. This impressive development platform is called the White Engine.

8- Toriyama on the female character that was shown in the trailer: ''I wouldn't say that she's the main character. It just happens to be that she was the character that we chose to feature in the trailer. However, it is true that we wanted to have a strong, independent woman as one of the main characters in the game. To accomplish this, we asked character designer Tetsuya Nomura to design a strong, and independent character, both mentally and physically. She was the end result.''
    Noruma interjects, ''The order I got from Toriyama was to create a muscular and athetic gril. I had a lot of trouble trying to create her.''

9- Toriyama on the setting of FFXIII: ''The world of FFXIII depicts a level of civilization more advanced than ever seen before in the Final Fantasy series. This futuristic world exists in a time when technology and magic have combined and developed into new form. We decided to go for a more futuristic, sci-fi look because we thought that it would fit the new worldbeing portrayed on the Plastation 3 and serve as a indicator as to what the futur of gaming might be.''

10- Coproducer Shinji Hashimoto on the overall nature of Fabula Nova Crystallis projet and its effect on FFXIII: ''Consider that development platforms but featuring different worlds and stories that are bound by a common mythology, these independent FFXIII evolve uniquely. The Fabula Nova Crystallis projet is not a collection of sequels or ports but several original titles that exist alongside each other.

11- Why put sush a big emphasis on a freakin' crystal? Kitase answers, ''Because the crystal is the symbol of the [I]FF/I] series. The compilation of FFVII games has the central theme of the original FFVII, but this project is starting from zero. So that's why we though it would be good to create a centerpiece for this project and freely evolve from there.''

12- Chocobos , moogles:mog: , and traditional spell names will still be present.

13- FFXIII online? Kitase mentions, ''It's still to be determined; if anything, it will be an extra feature but it won't be one of the main features.''

How's that!?

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

NICE.

=D =D =D =D =D =D =D Why did you show me that? Now I'm all excited n stuff...

I totally knew she wasn't the main character!

Gravity defiance= omgfun
    jkhkjg