Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Late

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty
    Anyways. What's the latest you've ever been to work, school or anything really important?
    I don't think I've ever been late for anything serious
    ...Geddit?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, I've not shown up. I can work from home, but the latest I've bothered going into the office must be around 2-3pm if I found I needed to do something that required me going into the office.

EDIT: I'm about 15 minutes late for work almost every day.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I hate being late for anything
    If I'm going to be more then 20 mins late for a lecture I don't bother turning up. So normally the latest I'll ever be is 10 mins

Trust No one

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I haven't been late in several years. I don't like the consequences. When I was in 10th grade I was late for 1st hour every day, but for some reason the teacher never wrote me up. He did everybody else from their third time on

Late? Happens in college quite often - but usually just by a half hour at the most. How about early? I recently started my job and I forgot the time I had to be in work after college, so I got there an hour early! Don't get that every day. Well, not with me. XD

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I ditched school all the time. My work, however, I take very seriously. The latest I've been for work is 15 minutes. I was supposed to start an hour earlier, and I had forgotten that. Then I suddenly realized and ran up to the road and hitchhiked. This old man with an awesome car stopped.

Blog Entries

Well, I had to be at this benefit party at like 8:00 PM, but I couldn't get there because of some accident further down the road I was on. Oh, well! Not really my loss I suppose.

Well it happened today. I had a 10 o'clock exam, but for some unknown reason they sat getting people in 20 minutes before the things due to start. So my train was due at 9:02, and it would get to Leeds at 9:25. I would make it to Uni for 9:40 in time. But the train was 7 minutes late, so we got in round 9:32, which does mess up my time alittle.

Got to the Uni, luckly my mate was there waiting for the lift. Her train had been late also. We were both panicking cause they had sat people down already. Luckly they hadnt started or read our names out yet so we were cutting it. I hate public transport.

Off-topic: I hope the country rots when they're charging me £1.10 for a quick two-minute bus ride. Sheesh, I may as well get a car. Bastards.

The latest I've ever been for school was an hour and a half. For work it was an hour. Although, today I called in sick...just because I can.
    Last edited by Skarr; 05-12-2006 at 02:39 PM.

I once intentionally was late for school so I could work on an assingment. I only missed English or something, so it didn't really matter. The latest I have been non-intetionally is probably 20 minutes at primary school, due to a big traffic hold up. There was about 30 of us, all late with the same excuse, and they still didn't believe us.

For something not important, I once was waiting for a friend's mum to come pick me up from my house. I waited many hours until she came. Turns out a guy got his $100 000 car ran over by a cement mixer at the petrol station.

Blog Entries

I'm only ever late when it's something early I have to be at. I've missed my 9am lecture and 10am tutorial so much this semester...

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    Off-topic: I hope the country rots when they're charging me £1.10 for a quick two-minute bus ride. Sheesh, I may as well get a car. Bastards.
    Come live with me in Norway. £2.5 for two friggen' minutes. :mog: £1.2 for kids..

I've never been late to school.

I dont work, so I've never been late to work.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope
    If I was going to be late for class, I'd often get so nervous about it that I'd decide it was better to just wag class entirely.

I marvel at the fact that I could scarcely make it to a 10am class, but I am always at work at 7.45 - 8am.
    I'm pretty much the same way. I think it's because work is work and school is only school. Italics matter.

Signature by rubah. I think.