Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Color Pink...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't care what anyone says, pink is a colour that screams 'female'. I don't see a problem with this at all. It's a fine colour. I just happen to think that if a guy is wearing pink, he's either trying to show that he's really feminine, or else he's trying to rebel against something. I don't think he's wearing it without really thinking "I'm going to go out of my way to wear pink." If a guy wears pink, he's trying to stand out in some kind of way or for some kind of reason.

I think girls can look good in pink, but not guys. Sexist? I suppose you could say that. But to say that girls and guys should be exactly alike with everything in their life is to ignore the fact that we are actually two different genders and have our own things that we do.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've probably posted this, two, three times by now in various threads about the color pink, but traditionally, pink was always considered a boy color. Pink was seen to be a more powerful and bold a color than blue which was considered feminine and delicate. Even up until the early 1900s, pink was associated with boys, and blue for girls. The associations with both the colors only started to reverse around the mid 1900s.

So yeah. The colors themselves aren't exactly feminine or masculine. It's basically social conditioning that makes you associate one color for a particular gender.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

That's all good and well, and for all I know, green was a strictly girl colour in BC times, and yellow was a strictly guy colour. But for my entire life and most likely well beyond that time, pink has been a girl colour and my point still stands that if a guy is wearing pink, he's gone out of his way to do so. There are possibly some exceptions out there that people can come up with but 95-99% of the time I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Pink, in today's culture, is a girl colour. That's just the way it is, and you can rebel all you like but it doesn't change it.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I think it's lame. My favourite colours would include golden sandy yellow, blue, black, and white.

My favourite colours are dark blue, black, and silver. Purple is also good, but it depends on the shade. Also, I wouldnt wear purple clothes, purple is often considered a girl colour too.

I have no trouble with girls wearing pink, but guys,,it just seems wrong to me.

My least favourite colours would be red and yellow...well, dark red goes well with black, but otherwise, I dont like it.

I pretty much like all shades of blue really. I liked blue as a kid, and never grew out of it. Also, I dont really beleive all this "black isnt a colour" thing. Seems to be a new fad saying that, sure, every colour if darkened enough, becomes black, and if lightened enough, becomes white. That doesnt mean its not an official colour though. I mean, pink is basically red/purple, and many other colours would be ruled out with the whole "shade vs. colour" thing.

Guess who's back....back chaos_ghost's Avatar

pink isn't one of my fav's, but I do own three pink shirts and a pair of pink and black Jordans(for the record, I'm a guy). I also have a liking to purple because of my sports teams.

Thanks to Owen McWare for the sig. This sig is staying up forever no matter what.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    That's all good and well, and for all I know, green was a strictly girl colour in BC times, and yellow was a strictly guy colour. But for my entire life and most likely well beyond that time, pink has been a girl colour and my point still stands that if a guy is wearing pink, he's gone out of his way to do so. There are possibly some exceptions out there that people can come up with but 95-99% of the time I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Pink, in today's culture, is a girl colour. That's just the way it is, and you can rebel all you like but it doesn't change it.
    Yeah, but I'm just sayin' that there isn't anything inherently feminine about the color pink.

Pink is an awsome colour. The main reason? Because it is spawned from red and red is the BEST colour. Other reasons include Pink Floyd, Pigs, Marshmellows and strawberry milk

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I would look weird in pink.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I don't wear pink, just doesn't look good on me. My favorite colors are blue and silver, but the majority of my clothes are black ^__^