View Poll Results: Who is gonna have Locke?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Terra Branford

15 31.25%
  • Celes Chere

33 68.75%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terra vs Celes

Banned

Default Terra vs Celes

Well since noa won't allow the romance and the game ended with only Terra letting her hair free instead of a pairing kissing each other she and Celes are forced to fight over Locke so who do you think is gonna win?

Obviously Celes. Locke was the one who saved her in the first place and he said to her at escaping Kefka's tower in the end that he's "never gonna let her go"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Belmont
    Well since noa won't allow the romance and the game ended with only Terra letting her hair free instead of a pairing kissing each other she and Celes are forced to fight over Locke so who do you think is gonna win?
    What do you mean NOA won't allow it? They allowed it for FF IV, so why wouldn't they allow it for VI?

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Terra because I like her. Celes is too boring, Locke should go with Terra.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.

casual mind slip

This is a hypothetical situation, just because you like a character, doesn't mean that's the solution. I personally don't think either girls would hook up with Locke. Maybe Celes and Locke would try, but I think they'd liked to be just friends.

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

There was no alternate ending. I know how much you love to make things up and state them as fact, but there was no alternate ending and no one kissed. Romance was not a big and central theme for this game in the least, it focused on how important other sorts of love are.

That being said, I dont see Locke going with anyone for a while. Yes, he got over Rachel in the course of the game, or rather started to move on, but I think it'll be quite a while before he can feel comfortable dating again.

As for Celes, I very much dislike how dependant and eager she became for Locke's support and protection. I dont think relationships built on that ground can work, and I also think she isnt in the right place for a relationship at the end of the game.

The same goes for Terra, though I personally love the Terra/Locke pairing. I think that, given enough time after the end of the game (years), they could make quite a cute and functional couple. I think Locke would be a great person to inexperienced Terra.

Blog Entries

Celes of course! She risked her life just to save Locke's bandana

Due to the actual question being asked in the poll, have to vote for Celes...there's a visible spark between Locke and Celes in the game, not so much between Locke and Terra.

However, Terra still owns Celes and I'd personally prefer to see the Locke/Terra combo~

Where's the "bisexual threeway" option?

Locke can have Terra, Celes is with me.

At first, it looked like Terra and Locke would have a romance, but she ends up being a mother and learning to love children like a mother, instead of loving, say, a guy like Locke. It's a touching story, but I think that's one of the more disappointing aspects of the story! Locke and Celes seemed to be hitting it off more. Celes was definitely having feelings for Locke, like during the World of Ruin. Hopefully, after the game, Locke would want to be a father. Let's hope Square makes a CG movie about FFVI. Or write another "On the Way to a Smile." "After defeating Kekfa, Locke wanted to help Terra raise the children in Mobliz. They got married. Celes ended up with [pick your character or death]."

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke
    Celes of course! She risked her life just to save Locke's bandana
    XDDDDD hhehehee so funny.

But Locke and Celes had something going on ^-^ Locke said she reminded him of Rachel and was all blushy<333 when Celes was singing in that opera majig. Terra was pretty cool until she started going T_Tlovechildren!!!!can'tfight!! Not sure why, but at that point in the game, just stopped liking her as much. ^_^ She and Locke never really hit it off anyway :3

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

no, it was actually a pretty good scene. Just the consequence of that I don't like b/c the love she was talking about earlier wasn't gonna be about Locke.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    There was no alternate ending. I know how much you love to make things up and state them as fact, but there was no alternate ending and no one kissed. Romance was not a big and central theme for this game in the least, it focused on how important other sorts of love are.

That being said, I dont see Locke going with anyone for a while. Yes, he got over Rachel in the course of the game, or rather started to move on, but I think it'll be quite a while before he can feel comfortable dating again.

As for Celes, I very much dislike how dependant and eager she became for Locke's support and protection. I dont think relationships built on that ground can work, and I also think she isnt in the right place for a relationship at the end of the game.

The same goes for Terra, though I personally love the Terra/Locke pairing. I think that, given enough time after the end of the game (years), they could make quite a cute and functional couple. I think Locke would be a great person to inexperienced Terra.

Huh? What do mean no alternete ending? You're saying it ended with only Terra even in the japanese verson. HELL NO NO WAY.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In the Japanese version, when you take Locke to Rachel in the World of Ruin, this is what she tells him:

レイチェル「もう行かなきゃならない…
    あなたがくれた、しあわせ…
    ほんとうに、ありがとう…
    この私の感謝の気持ちで、あなたの
    心をしばっている、そのくさりを
    たち切ってください…
    あなたの心のなかの、その人を
    愛してあげて。

Rachel: "I have to go already...
    I truly thank you...
    for the happyness you gave me…
    I chained your heart to this
    feeling of gratitute of mine, now please,
    break those chains…
    Love the one
    you have in your heart."

Rachel is no doubt referring to Celes here.
    To me, that line (that apparently is not so clear in Woosley's translation, nor in Sky Render's) closed the matter once and for all. Rachel herself is inviting, no, begging Lock to break the chains that keep him tied to the past and go with the girl he likes now. And anyone's got a doubt that she is not Celes?ù

Edit: And NO, there is NO alternate final with people kissing. Even in the Japanese version. The only things that change in the final depend on which people you rescued in the World of Ruin or not.
    Last edited by KoShiatar; 05-27-2006 at 07:47 PM.

Celes.
    Her suicidal jump was really touching