Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Release Dates FAQ

What do they want to do with it!? i really dont get this (now i'm on a rant). All they have to do is take a load of the amercian versions, rip out all the good scenes, hidden bosses, put in crappy rap music and then they've finished. how long does it take!?

In all seriousness, i bet there are two japanese to amercian translators sitting in a broom cupboard with the script, looking it up on Babelfish translator ¬_¬

~~Europe Release Date: 1st April 2007 wouldn't surprise me...
    Last edited by Laugh at face of Danger; 07-17-2006 at 11:59 AM.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Khaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDragon with a hat
    Im certainly not unhappy about waiting for XII as we will have all the bug's wormed out and plus SE will hopefully give us extra content (FFX anyone)

That would be nice, I just hope they don't do the same thing they did with FFX and Europe, little content is alright, but adding that many optional bosses is alittle unfair.

What and waiting months and months to get our copy IS fair?

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Yes, it is, simply because FFX international version was basically another game, you had to deal with bosses you couldn't beat to progress through the normal playing game. You act like waiting another month is going to kill you, you must really get some self control there bud.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

But I do have self control... if i didnt I would import it lol and I dont see why they should work on the American version before the EU version. all I was saying that its not exactly fair FF fans in America should get it before we do, oh and FYI its not a month difference its normally half a year later and 90% of the time we dont get extra content.

~Reno~'s knocked it on the head there. We do wait a good half a year, i mean, come on, they just shoved DoC back to november (almost december), it was due out in like two days over here! come on, that's what's not fair.

Well the Japaneese Like Americans more. Thats why we get it first, Plus more Americans Play FF then Europeans. That plenty reasons I think.
    The end is near, do not look twards the heavens, yet look to your home and what you will leave behind.

I'm from New Zealand so i'm with the PAL region, it does suck that we have to wait so long for new FF games but i'm happy to wait if they are gonna pack it full of features like FF10, I love that game all the Dark Aeons and Penance. Since FFVII we have had to wait stupid amount of months to get our hands on new 'The New FF' which is basicallly the same. They should pack our FF games full of features

i heard sometime october this year, the guy also said october to me when i put the pre order in

edit: o yeah this is U.S i spoke for
    Last edited by The Knights of the Round; 08-11-2006 at 05:18 AM. Reason: forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ekonis View Post
    Well the Japaneese Like Americans more. Thats why we get it first, Plus more Americans Play FF then Europeans. That plenty reasons I think.

japaneese liking americans more has nothing to do with it, thats just american ignorance. and hav u done a survay or somthing to prove more americans play ff than europeans ?

^ He does have a point. You can't just SAY that more Americans play FF than Europeans. They're pretty much the same size so you can't generalise. I think it's really unfair we get the game about half a year later.. and surely the eurpoean games aren't THAT different anyways.

i found this little article:
    http://www.ffcompilation.co.uk/index...from=&ucat=14&
    seems like play.com is giving a great offer for the europeans.
    i'll also quote it for those who are too lazy to go to the link.
    Play.com has a very good offering for the Square-Enix title Final Fantasy XII, not only is the game on a 10% discount and selling for a very attractive $29.99 its also said "Please note however, this is not a Square-Enix Official statement" that it will be available for shipping before Christmas this year, December 1st "01/12/2006" to be exact!

I really don't think it's fair for you guys either. Especially for english speaking european countries. Where the ONLY thing they have to do is change the framerate and stuff. It shouldn't take that long. I think the reason such a delay is that they wait until they have all the european langauges translated. So you're waiting just because they're doing it in french and spanish and stuff. Which is retarded. Just make THOSE countries wait. Though that brings up something else as to why it takes so much longer to translate into those languages. They translate into english in about six months. If people are working on translating japanese to spanish it shouldn't take any longer. Maybe it's easier to translate from english to spanish. Or they don't have anyone hired that knows japanese and spanish so they have to wait, 'cause its a lot easier to find people that can translate from english to french or to spanish... But that still doesn't explain why other english speaking countries have to wait so long

Do they really do a Spanish and French version?? I always thought that the Euro version was English and that's it. I know they don't make a Danish version but hey...why would they??

Aye, you can also count Australia (where I am from) as part of the European player base. I think it's a little unfair forus, as we only need the frame rate conversion -- not all those other languages. And usually we have to wait 2-4 weeks after the European release (which most of the time is half a year or more after the American release, and not always with newer content).

Not to mention a lot of the good games (like Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Xenosaga I, etc) never get released here.

Anyways, I guess I can wait another month for Kingdom Hearts II, so that can occupy me until FFXII comes , which I'm guessing will be Autumn 2007 for Australia / New Zealand -- around March/April. Of course, that's just a guess, if it truely is being released October 2006 in America.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I found this today
    http://www.ffxii.net/?nav=info/information

Looks like Europe is almost certainly early 2007.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick