Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Release Dates FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Do they really do a Spanish and French version?? I always thought that the Euro version was English and that's it. I know they don't make a Danish version but hey...why would they??
    They don't do a voice-over in either French or Spanish, if that's what you mean. They however add French/Spanish/German/Italian subtitles (I think there are a couple more, actually, but both FF X and FF X-2 were at least subtitled in those languages, if I remember well), as well as translate all the menus, items and ability names (usually for really dumb-sounding ones, i.e. FF IX in French....)

Quote Originally Posted by starseeker View Post
    I found this today
    http://www.ffxii.net/?nav=info/information

Looks like Europe is almost certainly early 2007.
    French Mag Gameplay RPG has also confirmed an early 2007 release date for Europe in its July issue. So glad I've got the japanese game already, even if I'll get the European version for the dialogs - my Japanese isn't that good, unfortunately....

Who is distributing the game in Australia and Europe? Is it Ubisoft? Someone had told me they were in contact with Ubisoft Australia, who is apparently distributing the game in Australia -- said they had been working on the conversion and different languages all this time, so it'd be close to the American release.

I'd be more inclined not to believe them though.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ekonis View Post
    Well the Japaneese Like Americans more. Thats why we get it first, Plus more Americans Play FF then Europeans. That plenty reasons I think.
    japanese like british more than americans any day of the week!

but in terms of making money, the US is the more lucrative market. FF sells more games in the US than in the EU and that's just a fact. i don't mind waiting longer if we get more content... like FFX. but most of the time we don't get more content and have to wait months. it takes the piss.

When I was living in Japan I seen more Japaneese tring to be more American and Wanting to go to America, I never seen a Japaneese asking to go to Europe. So to say Japaneese like the British more is ludicris. I only said they liked Americans more is because they ship to US first. And I said more Americans Play it because they sell more in America. Servays are already taken, so I don't have to.
    The end is near, do not look twards the heavens, yet look to your home and what you will leave behind.

Ohh don't let my personal opinions and experiences upset you, I am just calling it as I have seen it.
    The end is near, do not look twards the heavens, yet look to your home and what you will leave behind.

FF sells way more in the US than in EU, he's right on that. I think EA distrubutes FF in Aus and NZ, a couple years ago they had FFX-2 on the EA (New Zealand) website

I'm not too good with an ATB window, in real time, I hope they put in a turn based option, like Junes issue of PS2 Magazine suggested[IMG]zzz cool[/IMG]
    Every story must have an ending...

The US gets the games first because games sell most there, EU usually gets them second because of the language changes, and games sell second best here, and Australia and NZ in most cases get it last because they sell the least there. If an American company has a game made, it'll usually arrive on Japanese shores last, because its will sell least there. RPG's are heavily text based, thats why most RPG's take alot of time to move from area to area. You'll notice that nowadays, games that arent text heavy dont take that much time to arrive on shores other than the US.

I for one, am sick of waiting, so I had my PS2 chipped so Ill import it as soon as possible..

I think FF sells pretty well in NZ considering that our population is only 4 million. I don't mind waiting but not 8-12 months after it's initial release. Oh well what can you do?

FF sells better in the US. but anglophilia is massive in japan. who is more popular in japan. michael jordan or david beckham? the queen, or the president? if you're a band and you're british you're more or less guaranteed a japanese fanbase by default.

if you have played FFXI you will notice the english speaking players from europe always make a point of stressing that they're not american when speaking to japanese players, so as to avoid the stereotypes the japanese have for americans.

Usually, after the US release, it would take a month at the maximum to sort out the 50hz/PAL/FPS issues and get the game shipped to Europe, this was always the case with previous FF titles, so we were use to that and understood the reasons for it. To put it all the way back to Febuary (eleven months after Japan), is disappointing. For the next six months, the closest so many of us (without chipped consoles) will get to FFXII is YouTube.
    Last edited by sHoKz; 08-19-2006 at 05:02 AM.

FFXI online release date lol
    US - 28 October 2003
    Europe - 16 September 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    FFXI online release date lol
    US - 28 October 2003
    Europe - 16 September 2004
    That's not lol, that sux

HMV reckon it will be in November. Im not going to preorder it as I think that date is wishful thinking.

amazon UK is quoting february 23rd for EU release. that's good enough for me. i'll need time to play FF5 and 6 advance.